Author Topic: Sox Fans Attack Mrs Biggio  (Read 5910 times)

Limey

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
Sox Fans Attack Mrs Biggio
« on: October 24, 2005, 12:16:21 pm »
I've heard stories that Sox fans assaulted Craig's wife as she was leaving the stadium last night (pushed her and pulled her hair) and that there are numberous reports of Astros fans in the seats being threatened with their lives during the game.

These cunts don't deserve to win shit.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

lc_db

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
    • I_dont_need_no_stinkin_homepage.com
Re: Sox Fans Attack Mrs Biggio
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 12:20:54 pm »
You can take the sub-human out of the south-side, but you can't take..........

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Double Super Secret Pope
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 12:30:47 pm »
Now, now children.  I've known A LOT of Chicagoland White Sox fans.  They don't have any more goons as fans as the average team.  Most of the White Sox fans I've known aren't the kind to act badly to opposing fans.  And let's see in what manner the reports become facts.

I attended Game 3 of the 1983 ALCS, White Sox v. Orioles.  Watched Eddie Murray hammer a moonshot to right center.  Anyway, in a packed house in old Comiskey, I never saw Sox fans act aggressively toward Orioles fans after the game, a game the Sox lost, even though most were in a very foul mood.

If an AL team is ever going to win a WS, I'd want the White Sox to win.  (A bonus is that it would kill Cubs fans.)
Goin' for a bus ride.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 12:32:48 pm »
Quote:

If an AL team is ever going to win a WS, I'd want the White Sox to win.  (A bonus is that it would kill Cubs fans.)

Not this year.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

headhunter

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 12:34:56 pm »
my wife's family is from chicago and her uncle came to visit us a few years ago in Houston. I took him to see the Astros play the cubs. He was shocked to see all the cubs gear--couldnt believe that the fans put up with that. He's a white sux fan and he said if someone came to a sux game wearing the other teams gear they could get really hurt or killed--someone in cubs gear would be put in a trashcan and set on fire, for starters. So if you find yourself showing sux fans in houston with something less than the hospitality generally given to anyone--don't worry, you're simply making sux fan feel at home.
my probation officer is real proud of me
I drive an Olds 88 got the devil on a leash...
I'm going out West...

HurricaneDavid

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 12:35:55 pm »
"Heard?"  Link?
"Ground ball right side, they're not gonna be able to turn two OR ARE THEY, THROW, IS IN TIME!!! WHAT AN UNBELIEVABLE TURN BY BRUNTLETT AND EVERETT, AND THEY CUT DOWN MABRY TO END THE GAME, AND THE ASTROS LEAD THIS NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES THREE GAMES TO ONE!!!!!"

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Double Super Secret Pope
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2005, 12:36:19 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Not this year.

Well of course.  Can't you read the future tense I intended to write but didn't make clear?  Sheesh, women.  Expect us to read their minds but won't read ours.
Goin' for a bus ride.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2005, 12:47:10 pm »
Quote:

"Heard?"  Link?

I heard it on the news last night.  Haven't looked for a link.  The reporter said she was fine.  I believe the culprits were introduced to authorities.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

T. J.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2005, 12:48:23 pm »
Quote:

"Heard?"  Link?

The only thing I can find is in the Chronicle's crap blog from "fans in the stands".  It's not about Biggio's wife, but there is a mention of a little bit of fan abuse...just verbal though.  The Link

Anit

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2005, 12:52:46 pm »
if this is true...this is the most awful thing i have ever heard...i can honestly say i dont see how anyone can not like craig biggio, as a person at least..this is awful

hostros7

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2005, 12:55:27 pm »
I hope that Craig opens up a can in Houston....depositing a plethora of inside fastballs into the crawford boxes.

hostros7

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2005, 12:56:51 pm »
and...."pulling hair?" so her assailants were "women."  How did anyone ever call Houston a hellhole.  Such ruffians are certainly reserved to places the like of philly and the southside of chitown

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
Link Re: Sox Fans Attack Mrs Biggio
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2005, 02:38:47 pm »

HurricaneDavid

• View Profile
Re: Link Re: Sox Fans Attack Mrs Biggio
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2005, 02:53:56 pm »
That's really a shame.  I always take my jersey off when I'm leaving a road stadium just because you never know what is going through the drunken head of John Philliefan or Joe Whitesoxfan.  That, and I'm not built like Bobby Jenks.
"Ground ball right side, they're not gonna be able to turn two OR ARE THEY, THROW, IS IN TIME!!! WHAT AN UNBELIEVABLE TURN BY BRUNTLETT AND EVERETT, AND THEY CUT DOWN MABRY TO END THE GAME, AND THE ASTROS LEAD THIS NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES THREE GAMES TO ONE!!!!!"

geezerdonk

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • a long tradition of existence
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2005, 03:34:30 pm »
Quote:

so her assailants were "women."

or members of Broadway Actors Equity
E come vivo? Vivo.

Russ99

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
    • www.thrustjet.com
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2005, 04:34:13 pm »
This really upsets me. I'm totally appaled. I've been to over 25 games + 2 playoff games at U.S. Cellular this season (yes, I'm a Sox fan too) and the only time anything even remotely like this had happened was when opposing fans are drunk and acting rude and abusive. Sox fans really respect Biggio, and would never think of doing something like that to any woman at a ballgame, much less Bidge's wife.

Us Southsiders are actually respectful to women and for the most part are polite to the opposing fans, with just a little good-natured ribbing. Don't lump us all in with some total ass who probably paid $10,000 for his ticket just so he could raise trouble. Besides, none of us real Sox fans could get tickets to the Series anyway.

Quote:

Quote:

"Heard?"  Link?

The only thing I can find is in the Chronicle's crap blog from "fans in the stands".  It's not about Biggio's wife, but there is a mention of a little bit of fan abuse...just verbal though.  The Link

" He is a throwback to the old days, when a player's most honored badges were mud and blood"

- Larry Dierker on Bill Doran -  The Scouting Report 1987

35th Street

• Clark
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2005, 04:45:56 pm »
Quote:

my wife's family is from chicago and her uncle came to visit us a few years ago in Houston. I took him to see the Astros play the cubs. He was shocked to see all the cubs gear--couldnt believe that the fans put up with that. He's a white sux fan and he said if someone came to a sux game wearing the other teams gear they could get really hurt or killed--someone in cubs gear would be put in a trashcan and set on fire, for starters. So if you find yourself showing sux fans in houston with something less than the hospitality generally given to anyone--don't worry, you're simply making sux fan feel at home.

That's horseshit, I've been going to about 20 games a year since the 90s, a majority of Sox fans leave the opposing fans be as long as they don't act like assholes themselves. "Hurt or killed" is absurd, it's not like Wrigley where they throw things and have the usher throw you out just if you are wearing opposing team's colors. Every one in a while there is the occasional drunk douche but there is no risk of harm of opposing team's fans coming to the Cell, in fact, there's a lot that make the trip throughout the year. In the last series, there were these obnoxious pricks from Cleveland that were screaming throughout the whole game, but quieted down after the Sox won, people let them be.
White Sox fan

headhunter

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2005, 05:44:19 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

That's horseshit, I've been going to about 20 games a year since the 90s, a majority of Sox fans leave the opposing fans be as long as they don't act like assholes themselves. "Hurt or killed" is absurd, it's not like Wrigley where they throw things and have the usher throw you out just if you are wearing opposing team's colors. Every one in a while there is the occasional drunk douche but there is no risk of harm of opposing team's fans coming to the Cell, in fact, there's a lot that make the trip throughout the year. In the last series, there were these obnoxious pricks from Cleveland that were screaming throughout the whole game, but quieted down after the Sox won, people let them be.

so uncle frank is a liar and a sox fan. and he seemed like such a great guy all these years.
since i've never been to a south side game I can't say from personal experience what its like to be a fan of the opposing team in that park. But I did go to a game at Wrigley. The fans were friendly, didn't throw anything at me or have the usher throw me out--maybe its just you?
I'm going out West...

CJM

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2005, 06:29:52 pm »
Quote:

Bullshit or not, Limey's original post was true.  I have yet to find a link for it, but I did hear Biggio on the radio comment on the incident.  He said his wife was fine, and that the person who hit her made a big mistake going after a Jersey girl.  He said she chased the guy down, then alerted security.  The man was then arrested.

JGrave

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2005, 06:33:47 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Sincerely,

William Ligue Jr.
DS Andy Wainwright: You do know there are more guns in the country than there are in the city.
DS Andy Cartwright: Everyone and their mums is packin' round here!
Nicholas Angel: Like who?
DS Andy Wainwright: Farmers.
Nicholas Angel: Who else?
DS Andy Cartwright: Farmers' mums.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2005, 06:36:58 pm »
Quote:

I did hear Biggio on the radio comment on the incident.  He said his wife was fine, and that the person who hit her made a big mistake going after a Jersey girl.  He said she chased the guy down, then alerted security.  The man was then arrested.

That's beautiful!
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

CJM

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2005, 06:43:36 pm »
Quote:

That's horseshit...Sox fans leave the opposing fans be as long as they don't act like assholes themselves...

Sincerely,

William Ligue Jr.

Come on, Tom Gamboa was asking for it.  Wearing a Royals jersey?  What a asshole.

35th Street

• Clark
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2005, 12:32:16 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

so uncle frank is a liar and a sox fan. and he seemed like such a great guy all these years.
since i've never been to a south side game I can't say from personal experience what its like to be a fan of the opposing team in that park. But I did go to a game at Wrigley. The fans were friendly, didn't throw anything at me or have the usher throw me out--maybe its just you?

I don't go to Wrigley, I'm talking about 2003 national stories on how Marlins and Braves fans at Wrigley were treated. Sounds like you've never been to a White Sox game in opposing team gear, so how would you know, since this is the logic you're throwing at me? Come on, read what you said, murder or harm, are you retarded? Stories like this would get more exposure, oh know, you're right, the media would sweep a murder at a baseball game under the rug   Not to mention that the Cubs come and play at US Cellular every year, and there are at least 30 - 40 % Cub fans. Put in a trash can and lit on fire? That's the most ridiculous fucking thing I've ever heard of, quit spreading lies. The only murder near a baseball stadium in Chicago of recent memory I remember is one or two years ago when some guy shot someone else right outside of Wrigley after the game (the only other one in all of baseball I remember is the LA/SF one). Yep, crime statistics are much worse outide of Wrigley than they are at US Cellular, which is in the "dreaded South Side".

I didn't comment on the original story since I didn't know it was true, but the guy who did this is truley a douchebag. If I had a stab at it I'd punch him in the face. I'm glad Biggio took the high road and said that he's not going to generalize all fans based on one idiot. Frankly, I wouldn't be so quick to say it was a Sox fan, it's very sad if this is true, but there's a lot of idiot bandwagoners or fans of another team in town who took tickets away from the real fans just because they wanted to say that they went to a World Series

EDIT: Also wanted to add, it sucks that this happened, but every stadium has its idiots, especially when alcohol is involved. E.g., this year, a fan at Yankee Stadium punched Scott Podsednik in the face (which got no coverage). Not trying to excuse it, but there's always some idiot.
White Sox fan

No? in Austin

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2005, 01:48:48 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't go to Wrigley, I'm talking about 2003 national stories on how Marlins and Braves fans at Wrigley were treated. Sounds like you've never been to a White Sox game in opposing team gear, so how would you know, since this is the logic you're throwing at me? Come on, read what you said, murder or harm, are you retarded? Stories like this would get more exposure, oh know, you're right, the media would sweep a murder at a baseball game under the rug   Not to mention that the Cubs come and play at US Cellular every year, and there are at least 30 - 40 % Cub fans. Put in a trash can and lit on fire? That's the most ridiculous fucking thing I've ever heard of, quit spreading lies. The only murder near a baseball stadium in Chicago of recent memory I remember is one or two years ago when some guy shot someone else right outside of Wrigley after the game (the only other one in all of baseball I remember is the LA/SF one). Yep, crime statistics are much worse outide of Wrigley than they are at US Cellular, which is in the "dreaded South Side".

I didn't comment on the original story since I didn't know it was true, but the guy who did this is truley a douchebag. If I had a stab at it I'd punch him in the face. I'm glad Biggio took the high road and said that he's not going to generalize all fans based on one idiot. Frankly, I wouldn't be so quick to say it was a Sox fan, it's very sad if this is true, but there's a lot of idiot bandwagoners or fans of another team in town who took tickets away from the real fans just because they wanted to say that they went to a World Series

EDIT: Also wanted to add, it sucks that this happened, but every stadium has its idiots, especially when alcohol is involved. E.g., this year, a fan at Yankee Stadium punched Scott Podsednik in the face (which got no coverage). Not trying to excuse it, but there's always some idiot.

It would've been nice to read or hear that a whole slew of Sox fans chased down the jerk and not Mrs. Biggio.  Just saying.

The Third Man

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2005, 02:00:47 am »
I want to thank that drunken loser from Chicago.   I was almost lulled into giving the White Sox credit for being a worthy adversary.  I almost felt a tinge of respect for their city and their history. Well, fuck that.  The next four games we take from those assholes will be as sweet as if we ripped them from Tommy Lasorda, Tony LaRussa, or a team with Barry Bonds on it combined. Almost as sweet as beating the Cubs. Almost. Fuck winning a World Series title, I want to impose another 88 years of pain. Let's start with by closing them out in Chicago and celebrating on their field. Let's rub their bulbous, red noses in another baseball disappointment. Fuck Chicago. Up the ass.

<sorry about the vitriol, but I'm pissed>

headhunter

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2005, 10:28:45 am »
Dear William Ligue Jr, idiot sox fan,

I talked with uncle frank. If the Astros win the series then I am not welcome to Thanksgiving dinner at his house this year, which is sad, because every day the Astros are not playing a game against a Chicago team I like the city just fine.
 You gonna go punch the guy in the mouth who attacked Mrs. Biggio? Great. Since she hit him harder than you can, she can only be so thankful. Another thing you might do instead if you want to make ammends is be ashamed that your stupid fellow sox fans do this type of shit. I have seen people wearing the other team's gear at nearly every game I attended in the Dome or the Juice Box. I never saw Joe Thirdinals fan or cubs fan bothered in any way. If anything, the guy in line for beer behind him would say something friendly and stupid like, "so, are you from St. Louis?"
 And no, I have never gone to a sox game in new or old comisky and I am unlikely to go there wearing astros gear. But why don't you show up outisde your park wearing cubs gear or astros gear and see how your fellow fans treat you--or are you, though an idiot, simply not that stupid? Uncle frank says that you might get treated to a "flamin' oscar." Maybe uncle frank was exaggerating, but then, uncle frank is a sox fan.
 You might also rent (steal, whatever) the movie "eight men out." it will help to explain why you and your shity team, alone among all baseball teams (well, maybe the fuck the mets), DESERVE every bit of misfortune that comes your way.

Say, "howdy, asshole," to your dad, Bill, for me. I hear he's working security at the game.

warm bucket of spit regards,
nephew headhunter
I'm going out West...

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
The Chronicle Picks Up the Story
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2005, 12:37:12 pm »
The Link

Here's a more expansive article on the lovely weekend the Astros enjoyed in Chicago.  The players are saying all the right things, but being forced to play in the freezing rain while your friends and family are being physically and verbally and abused in the stands is fucked up by any sane person's standards.

35th Street

• Clark
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2005, 04:38:38 pm »
Quote:

I talked with uncle frank. If the Astros win the series then I am not welcome to Thanksgiving dinner at his house this year, which is sad, because every day the Astros are not playing a game against a Chicago team I like the city just fine.
 You gonna go punch the guy in the mouth who attacked Mrs. Biggio? Great. Since she hit him harder than you can, she can only be so thankful. Another thing you might do instead if you want to make ammends is be ashamed that your stupid fellow sox fans do this type of shit. I have seen people wearing the other team's gear at nearly every game I attended in the Dome or the Juice Box. I never saw Joe Thirdinals fan or cubs fan bothered in any way. If anything, the guy in line for beer behind him would say something friendly and stupid like, "so, are you from St. Louis?"
 And no, I have never gone to a sox game in new or old comisky and I am unlikely to go there wearing astros gear. But why don't you show up outisde your park wearing cubs gear or astros gear and see how your fellow fans treat you--or are you, though an idiot, simply not that stupid? Uncle frank says that you might get treated to a "flamin' oscar." Maybe uncle frank was exaggerating, but then, uncle frank is a sox fan.
 You might also rent (steal, whatever) the movie "eight men out." it will help to explain why you and your shity team, alone among all baseball teams (well, maybe the fuck the mets), DESERVE every bit of misfortune that comes your way.

Say, "howdy, asshole," to your dad, Bill, for me. I hear he's working security at the game.

nephew headhunter

Okay, I'm done with this board, either you don't know how to read or are incapable of having a discussion. There's plenty of opposing team's fans at the White Sox games, especially division rivals, and the general consensus is that we leave them be since they paid for their ticket and we wouldn't want our fans to be treated badly in other people's ballparks. One idiot will ruin it for the whole fanbase, but I can't control that. A friend of mine went to Boston to see a game where the White Sox played there and was punched in the face just for wearing the gear there. Whether you've had experiences or not, there's idiots out there. It sucks if the fanbase gets a reputation, but whatever, Texas doesn't have the best reputation in the world either, I guess now if I show up at an Astro's game I'll be put in the electric chair. There's no need to explain White Sox fans and the misconception anymore, I've already done it in my past posts, but funny how you ignore the points that contradict you.

And please, 8 men out, laughing my ass off, maybe you can teach me about my team's history then? I'm sure a completely different regime from 90 years ago has a lot do with the 2005 White Sox. I guess these subjects are good things to focus on when you don't want to admit your team getting beat. Since visiting here, I've found much better Astro's boards who where the members aren't criminally stupid (though I am talking about people from Texas   ), peace!
White Sox fan

Kent's Moustache

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
Re: The Chronicle Picks Up the Story
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2005, 04:45:47 pm »
Quote:

The Link

Here's a more expansive article on the lovely weekend the Astros enjoyed in Chicago.  The players are saying all the right things, but being forced to play in the freezing rain while your friends and family are being physically and verbally and abused in the stands is fucked up by any sane person's standards.

ESPN article

I like Guillen's response...
"Go play intramurals, brother.  Go play intramurals..."

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2005, 05:11:21 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

nephew headhunter

Okay, I'm done with this board, either you don't know how to read or are incapable of having a discussion. There's plenty of opposing team's fans at the White Sox games, especially division rivals, and the general consensus is that we leave them be since they paid for their ticket and we wouldn't want our fans to be treated badly in other people's ballparks. One idiot will ruin it for the whole fanbase, but I can't control that. A friend of mine went to Boston to see a game where the White Sox played there and was punched in the face just for wearing the gear there. Whether you've had experiences or not, there's idiots out there. It sucks if the fanbase gets a reputation, but whatever, Texas doesn't have the best reputation in the world either, I guess now if I show up at an Astro's game I'll be put in the electric chair. There's no need to explain White Sox fans and the misconception anymore, I've already done it in my past posts, but funny how you ignore the points that contradict you.

And please, 8 men out, laughing my ass off, maybe you can teach me about my team's history then? I'm sure a completely different regime from 90 years ago has a lot do with the 2005 White Sox. I guess these subjects are good things to focus on when you don't want to admit your team getting beat. Since visiting here, I've found much better Astro's boards who where the members aren't criminally stupid (though I am talking about people from Texas   ), peace!

Uh oh...I think someone needs a groupl hug.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.