Author Topic: Lidgin' Fox!  (Read 2662 times)

Nate in IA

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • To the stars...
    • View Profile
Lidgin' Fox!
« on: October 08, 2005, 08:45:39 pm »
Braves, Yankees, White Sox, Boston... nary a mention of the Astros, delaying the game from the posted start time.

Lidgin' Fox!

Craig

• View Profile
Re: Lidgin' Fox!
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 08:47:35 pm »
Quote:

Braves, Yankees, White Sox, Boston... nary a mention of the Astros, delaying the game from the posted start time.

Lidgin' Fox!

15 minutes into the pre-game and no mention of the Astros. I did see a METS batting helmet though.

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2005, 08:52:58 pm »
I was wondering what was going on. I worked my arse off today getting everything done so I could sit down at 6:30, and the only thing I am seeing is Junior circuit info.

Sucks fo rthe Cards to have the 11:00 pm E time start.

On a good note, I finally got the last stuff cleaned up from Rita except for the bonfire tomorrow night. Got the fall garden ready, too. Cooked a fancy Italian dinner.

OK, now they are stuck on sucking bravo appendages....Good thing I know somthing about the Astros cause fux aint going to even acknowledge they are playing.
It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of 'em was one kinda sombitch or another.

Craig

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2005, 08:56:24 pm »
Quote:

I was wondering what was going on. I worked my arse off today getting everything done so I could sit down at 6:30, and the only thing I am seeing is Junior circuit info.

On a good note, I finally got the last stuff cleaned up from Rita except for the bonfire tomorrow night. Got the fall garden ready, too. Cooked a fancy Italian dinner.

OK, now they are stuck on sucking bravo appendages....Good thing I know somthing about the Astros cause fux aint going to even acknowledge they are playing.

6:55 p.m. -- "Can we give a little attention to the Astros lineup?"

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2005, 08:59:08 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

6:55 p.m. -- "Can we give a little attention to the Astros lineup?"

I saw that. They made it all the way through Biggio.

However, the Astros are picked to win the series, ackording to Larry and Mo on fox. They have no idea who else is playing tonight besides Biggio and Oswalt, do they?
It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of 'em was one kinda sombitch or another.

catAstrofy

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2005, 09:04:55 pm »
Mother Lidger!
Josh Lewen is callin the game!
There is no god!

mihoba

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • R.I.P. Mike. The boy inside you is now free.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2005, 09:35:14 pm »
My local FOX station, channel 29 from Lake Charles, was zonked by Rita so I put in a call to DirecTV hoping I could get a FOX station somewhere, anywhere, but noooooo. The Bastards. No TV for me.
"Baseball is simply a better game without the DH. "

David in Jackson

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2005, 09:55:01 pm »
that sucks - can you listen to it anywhere?
"I literally love Justin Verlander." -- Jose Altuve

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2005, 10:01:05 pm »
Quote:

My local FOX station, channel 29 from Lake Charles, was zonked by Rita so I put in a call to DirecTV hoping I could get a FOX station somewhere, anywhere, but noooooo. The Bastards. No TV for me.

I'd tell you to listen to the game and then watch the highlights on ESPN, but ESPN would probably just show the rain falling in NY for 26 minutes and then the box for the Astros game for 30 seconds.

Dish network gives me Foax out fo Dallas and Tyler. Wish I could help you out.

HOB

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2005, 09:16:53 am »
Well, they did talk about Ta-VAR-es.  According to the announcer, I didn't care to get his name, Francour is the rookie of the year.  Ta-VAR-es just doesn't drive the ball in RBI situations.  Does the guy even know who Willy Taveras is?  Does he realize he was the leadoff guy for almost the entire season?  Does he realize Willy lead the league, and all rookies of course, in infield hits.  No, instead he's talking about some Ta-VAR-es cat who I can't associate with the Astros.   Go figure.... maybe he's talking about Julian Tavarez....
Apathy, Apathy, Apathy ... ahh screw it...

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2005, 10:34:24 am »
About halfway through the game last night the Fox announcers corrected the pronunciation of Taveras.  It was very strange.
"I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing... as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”  Charles Grassley

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2005, 11:29:12 am »
I'm picturing Gaetti in the booth with a bat. It ain't pretty.
"You want me broken. You want me dead.
I'm living rent-free in the back of your head."