Author Topic: So the whole TS Tammy thing...  (Read 2839 times)

Andyzipp

So the whole TS Tammy thing...
« on: October 06, 2005, 10:56:03 am »
Seems to me it's pretty damn important that it either doesn't rain tonight or they wait until they have about a 6 hour window of no rain...if you want to see Clemens pitch.

Trying to get the game in tonight (they probably won't, but no one has ever accused MLB of being the cleanest underware in the drawer) means stops and starts.  Neither Clemens or Smoltz is going to survive a rain delay (and I can't imagine damp 60's is a good thing for a gimpy hamstring).

So then, if you think Houston's bullpen is better than Atlanta's bullpen...advantage Houston.

I can't imagine though if the weather postpones the game tonight that the field is going to be ready by noon Friday.

Limey

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
Re: So the whole TS Tammy thing...
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2005, 11:21:37 am »
Do you start Backe instead, saving Clemes for the home game and pissing off ESPN all at the same time?
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Andyzipp

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2005, 11:26:18 am »
That would be hilarious.

I'd start Backe if they try to get in the game tonight to give Clemens some extra rest for his hamstring.  But Backe on the road in a playoff game is a pretty big gamble.

strosrays

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2005, 11:36:07 am »
Quote:

Do you start Backe instead, saving Clemes for the home game and pissing off ESPN all at the same time?

I think it is actually FOX they'd be pissing off especially; which makes this option even more attractive.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 11:55:54 am »
Quote:

I think it is actually FOX they'd be pissing off especially; which makes this option even more attractive.

Much.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

the KEG

• Disappointing Rookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 12:45:54 pm »
I think it's too big of a risk to start Backe tonight, especially when considering the home/road splits of each of them this season. Backe's 5.83 ERA on the road vs. 3.41 home ERA is a little scary.  While we all know the story of Roger on the road.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 12:54:34 pm »
the issue is not what happens tonight. the issue is what is best for winning the series.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

Fredia

• Pope
  • Looking forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 01:02:29 pm »
ahh the calm voice of reason..(dont know if anyone is listening)....in the storm of playoffs
forever is composed entirely of nows

hostros7

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 01:22:30 pm »
CNN just did a baseball weather report, and the omniscient meteorologist indicated that he at least thought that the game would be played tonight and that the storm would be "hit and miss" or some other really botched baseball analogy.

The slore lead anchor then followed up the report with "Go Braves!"  Blatant asskissing to the boss.

Which One's Pink?

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2005, 07:25:15 pm »
It's been looking better and better all day.

The Link
The quality of my life would be greatly reduced if I did not have nostrils.

ybbodeus

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2005, 03:55:43 pm »
Quote:

Boy, that sure looks good in retrospect.
"(512) ybbodeus looks just as creepy in HD as in person."   That is a problem, and we are working on it.