Author Topic: Carpenter leaves in seventh with hand cramping  (Read 1679 times)

Navin R Johnson

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
Carpenter leaves in seventh with hand cramping
« on: October 04, 2005, 05:01:10 pm »

Quote:

Associated Press

ST. LOUIS -- Cardinals ace Chris Carpenter pitched six scoreless innings Tuesday, then left Game 1 of the NL playoffs against San Diego because of cramping in his right hand caused by dehydration.

Dehydration...riiiiiiighhht.

Sounds like the ole Ray McKigney injury.
There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Kit

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
Re: Carpenter leaves in seventh with hand cramping
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 05:05:52 pm »
Is this in reference to the Seinfeld hand model episode?

If so,bravo on coming up with the name.  

If not never mind.
Remember Jesus Alou being called out of the 1st base coaching box to pinch-hit a double vs. the Reds in '79 I think, to win a crucial game, and he patted Morgan on top of the head (ala Benny Hill w/the little bald guy) and Little Joe got pissed.....yeah,that was great.

Navin R Johnson

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
Re: Carpenter leaves in seventh with hand cramping
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 05:28:25 pm »
Yes it was...

The most exquisite hands you've ever seen.. Oh, he had it all.

Tragic story, I'm afraid. He could've had any woman in the world.. but none could match the beauty of his own hand.. and that became his one true love..

Yes. he was not.. master of his domain.

The muscles.. became so strained with.. overuse, that eventually the hand locked into a deformed position, and he was left with nothing but a claw. He traveled the world seeking a cure.. acupuncturists.. herbalists.. swamis.. nothing helped. Towards the end, his hands became so frozen the was unable to manipulate utensils, and was dependent on Cub Scouts to feed him. I hadn't seen another pair of hands like Ray McKigney's.. until today.

btw The Link is a wonderful thing.
There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.