Author Topic: Zero takers 1st time around.....will try again.....  (Read 5365 times)

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
Zero takers 1st time around.....will try again.....
« on: October 03, 2005, 11:54:35 am »
Ok, I'm definitely going to have tickets to a minimum of one of the first two games of the up-n-coming series...and there's probably a decent chance I'll have tickets for both.  I'll have 4 tickets and will be willing to give away at least two at this point, free of charge.  As part of the deal, I'll also buy each attendee their first beer to get things started.  That's the least I can do considering travel expenses will most likely be outragous.  I tried this earlier in the regular season and struckout.  Hope someone takes me up on the offer this time around.  First come first serve for both games so let me know.  Since I don't know which game I'll get, you should reserve for either Wed, Thursday or both if you can make it.  I'll let you know as soon as possible on what I get so you can make plans.  I'm waiting on a return phone call as we speak.

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N
    • View Profile
Re: Zero takers 1st time around.....will try again.....
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 02:10:47 pm »
Dude, if it were the weekend I'd be all over that. But I've already begged more than my allotted time off this year and I doubt seriously I'd get sympathy for a ballgame.

Besides, I still have nightmares about my last trip to ATL in May. It's probably best I stay away.
"You want me broken. You want me dead.
I'm living rent-free in the back of your head."

Jose Cruz III

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 03:00:09 pm »
How much for two tickets?????
Unga bungaed by the BBGs.

"No. Humans will die out. We're weak. Dinosaurs survived on rotten flesh. You got diarrhea last week from a Wendy's."

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 03:43:37 pm »
Hey, that's cool Ty.  I figured that I'd be hard pressed to find a taker, but wanted to at least extend the offer to the OWA group.  Maybe next year.

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 03:47:21 pm »
No charge...plus I'll buy you and your friend a beer as previously posted.  Just want another fellow Astros fan or two to enjoy a game if they have the means to get to ATL.

Jose Cruz III

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 04:05:27 pm »
Quote:

No charge...plus I'll buy you and your friend a beer as previously posted.  Just want another fellow Astros fan or two to enjoy a game if they have the means to get to ATL.

I must confess that the guy I'll be with is a Braves fan. Not an obnoxious one but a lifelong 30 year fan. Don't drink and niether does he but would enjoy an Astros victory in Game 1. He is trying to clear it. Where would I pick up the tickets???

"No. Humans will die out. We're weak. Dinosaurs survived on rotten flesh. You got diarrhea last week from a Wendy's."

Jose Cruz III

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 04:08:04 pm »
Another question. Where are the seats????

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2005, 04:58:39 pm »
You want to bring a Braves fan?  

You don't drink?  

You're killing me man!  I'm just kidding...well, not really, but that's ok.  Doesn't look like I'm gonna have any other takers, so one Astros fan is better than nothing.

What game are you wanting to attend (game 1?)...still waiting word on tickets.  

Tickets are at top of field level, first base line.  Nice seats, IMO.

Jose Cruz III

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2005, 05:08:39 pm »
If I can go at all it will be game 1.

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2005, 05:22:23 pm »
Ok, and I figured we'd just meet before the game outside the stadium or at The Bullpen, a bar adjacent to the stadium.  Let me know when you're definitely in and I'll put you down as having first dibs on the Wednesday tickets should I get those.  All bets are off until you say you're definitely in.

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2005, 06:04:07 pm »
Ok, I've got both games 1 and 2, so let me know if you and your bud are in.  Since you're looking at game one I'm going to try and lock up some friends for game 2.

David in Jackson

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2005, 10:08:36 pm »
there's a longshot I could drive over from Miss. for Game 1.  Still got a ticket?
"I literally love Justin Verlander." -- Jose Altuve

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2005, 11:45:27 pm »
Well, no one has actually claimed a ticket as of yet.  Jose Cruz III has first dibbs though.  Let's see what he has to say and go from there.  Even if Jose Cruz the III and his friend do come, there could be a chance I'll still have another ticket...it just depends on whether or not one of my friends decides to go.  If I haven't heard anything from Cruz by lunch time tomorrow and you can tell me that you can definitely make it then I'll give you a ticket...I'd like to give him a fair chance though since he signed on first.  Check back in as soon as you know for sure.

Craig

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2005, 11:56:09 pm »
Quote:

Well, no one has actually claimed a ticket as of yet.  Jose Cruz III has first dibbs though.  Let's see what he has to say and go from there.  Even if Jose Cruz the III and his friend do come, there could be a chance I'll still have another ticket...it just depends on whether or not one of my friends decides to go.  If I haven't heard anything from Cruz by lunch time tomorrow and you can tell me that you can definitely make it then I'll give you a ticket...I'd like to give him a fair chance though since he signed on first.  Check back in as soon as you know for sure.

Since this is Atlanta, once the game starts you guys can just move down to the good seats.

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2005, 12:05:45 am »
That's usually no bullshit...even the fans that do come, typically show up late.  That's standard protocol at The Ted.  I will say this though...I expect the atmosphere to be a little different this year.  The Braves won this year with a plethera of rookies and 1st year players...the city has actually supported this team quite well...and many fans point to all the kids that play hard and leave it all out on the field.  They really had one hell of a year too, considering all the injuries and the youngsters they used to fill in and weather the storm.  I'm very interested to see what the crowd will look like on Wednesday.

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2005, 01:54:10 pm »
Jose Cruz III....David in Jackson....where are you?  If either of you want a ticket or two, you need to speak up and commit.  My friend and I are going and I'm going to go ahead and start looking to fill the other two spots with other friends of mine as well.  I'd like for you guys to have the tickets if possible, but I can't wait till tomorrow to start calling people.  People have to make plans to get off from work, etc.  Anyhow, I'm going to give you guys till 2pm Eas (just past lunch time in TX) and then start calling to fill the spots.  Even if you can decide until after that on whether your going, post anyways as I might not be able to find friends that can make it.  That isn't likely, but it could happen.

Jose Cruz III

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2005, 02:10:04 pm »
My friend is trying to cancel an appointment. He is holding me up. But I am 99% sure we will be there.

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2005, 02:18:31 pm »
Ok, thanks for chiming in...I'll be standing by for the time being.

Jose Cruz III

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2005, 02:55:23 pm »
Just waiting for him to call me. Where would we meet? And how will you know me?

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2005, 03:08:30 pm »
LOL, it shouldn't be too hard for you to find me...I'll be one of maybe 10 guys wearing an Astros jersey (white w/ pin stripes).  I still haven't set a time to leave yet...as I'm also waiting on my friend to finalize that, but that said, I'm hoping to make it to the ballpark around 3pm.  Ya know what, PM me and we can exchange cell phone numbers.  Wait a sec...I know you Alabama-dwellers are a little behind on things, but surely you know what a cell phone is, and own one, right?  If so, PM me with yours and I'll shoot mine back at you.

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2005, 03:09:56 pm »
Just walk around yelling "Lidging Great!"
It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of 'em was one kinda sombitch or another.

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2005, 03:16:57 pm »
Great idea ETA!

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2005, 03:39:59 pm »
Sorry David in Jackson, but Jose Cruz III just confirmed that he and his friend are coming.  I don't have any more tickets to give.  Sorry man.  Maybe next year...that being said...I'm sure you can still buy tickets on ebay, etc. and if you come maybe we could get together before, during or after the game.  Let me know.

Gizzmonic

• Space City Carbohydrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2005, 04:57:10 pm »
Next year man...next year.  I will be moving to Atlanta.   Actually, my friend knows the guy who runs the video board at Turner Field.  He's from Houston, and he's a big Astros fan.
Grab another Coke and let's die

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2005, 05:15:56 pm »
Cool, I'm always happy to hear that another Astros fan will be around.  We'll definitely hook up next year during the regular season.