Author Topic: Anybody else seen this site?  (Read 2378 times)

CJM

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
Anybody else seen this site?
« on: October 02, 2005, 11:05:16 pm »
This site (www.theticketreserve.com) is kinda neat.  You can buy options to purchase playoff tickets at face value if your team ends up playing in that game.  Two months ago home games 1 and 2 for the NLDS at MMP were going for $2-6 each. Not to bad.  Even though the Astros won't make it, the WS options were going for $8 last month for game 1 at MMP, for some reason they are much higher now.

UpTooLate

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody else seen this site?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2005, 11:17:19 pm »
Quote:

Even though the Astros won't make it,  

????  That's the way to back the team.... geez.
"Go with Christ" - Eric "The Dawg" Cartman

strosrays

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2005, 11:53:40 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Exactly.

We.  Suck.

pravata

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 12:05:48 am »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Exactly.

We.  Suck.

Bagwell said. "They can write us off all they want. We know what we have."  All you other jackasses, fuck off. Go buy a fucking Red Sox cap.

CJM

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 02:09:54 am »
It would be very, very stupid to taunt the BBG's during this time of the year.  I think that most on this board understand the reasoning for not predicting a NL championship for the hometown nine.

I own three options for both the 1st and 2nd World Series games in Houston.  The fact remains that the BBG's should be respected, so I will say that I don't expect to go to any World Series games this year, it was just a investment.

UpTooLate

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2005, 02:35:20 am »
Quote:

It would be very, very stupid to taunt the BBG's during this time of the year.  I think that most on this board understand the reasoning for not predicting a NL championship for the hometown nine.

I own three options for both the 1st and 2nd World Series games in Houston.  The fact remains that the BBG's should be respected, so I will say that I don't expect to go to any World Series games this year, it was just a investment.

Ok.  I'll agree with you on not disrespecting the BBG's.  For that reason I don't want to post on the prediction thread.  I do think that there is a difference between humility and pessimism.  IMHO there is nothing wrong with believing that the good guys can hold their own against any team in either league for a 5 or 7 game series.  Hell, we've made it this far and I couldn't have imagined that 4 months ago.  Asking for an outcome that is opposite of what you really want in some sort of reverse psychology bullshit has never made sense to me.
"Go with Christ" - Eric "The Dawg" Cartman

CJM

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 03:32:08 am »
Dude you're preaching to the choir.  I already explained my post for the ones that didn't catch on the first time.