Author Topic: Someone smarter than me...  (Read 2736 times)

Savage

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
Someone smarter than me...
« on: October 01, 2005, 06:11:13 pm »
please explain why ANYONE would EVER intentionally walk Corey Patterson?

Limey

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
Re: Someone smarter than me...
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 08:37:46 pm »
Quote:

I posed exactly the same question.  I had more faith in C-Pat making an out that J-Will.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

No? in Austin

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 08:47:41 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

I posed exactly the same question.  I had more faith in C-Pat making an out that J-Will.

Patterson has more speed than J-Will and of the two men, either one puts bat on ball, the throw-him-out-at-first meter goes significantly downward with C-Pat than it does with J-Will.

Savage

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 08:56:04 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Patterson has more speed than J-Will and of the two men, either one puts bat on ball, the throw-him-out-at-first meter goes significantly downward with C-Pat than it does with J-Will.

But Patterson is a strike out machine and hasn't hit ANYTHING since May.  And then you get J-Will to start the next inning.

No? in Austin

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 08:59:07 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

But Patterson is a strike out machine and hasn't hit ANYTHING since May.  And then you get J-Will to start the next inning.

He could bunt for a hit (like he did in his *next* at bat) and score a run from third.  Best not to fool around at this stage of the tight game and play it straight.  I would walk Brad Ausmus in his worse season of hitting if the situation was reverse and I had Clemens coming up to bat next.

Seriously, no time to get cute now... only one game to go.