Author Topic: Hey, you know what makes all sorts of fucking sense?  (Read 5500 times)

HurricaneDavid

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
Hey, you know what makes all sorts of fucking sense?
« on: October 01, 2005, 02:46:01 pm »
The national live blackout.  Thanks, Fox!  Biggest baseball day of the year so far, and I can't watch HOU-CHC, NYY-BOS, or CWS-CLE.  What a fucking joke.   THIS ad is particularly ridiculous - the only people who CAN watch the game live on MLB.TV are people who live OUTSIDE of US, Japan, South Korea, Guam, and the US Virgin Islands.  MLB REALLY needs to change this absurd rule.
"Ground ball right side, they're not gonna be able to turn two OR ARE THEY, THROW, IS IN TIME!!! WHAT AN UNBELIEVABLE TURN BY BRUNTLETT AND EVERETT, AND THEY CUT DOWN MABRY TO END THE GAME, AND THE ASTROS LEAD THIS NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES THREE GAMES TO ONE!!!!!"

David in Jackson

• View Profile
Re: Hey, you know what makes all sorts of fucking sense?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 04:03:05 pm »
Is today's game on TV at all?  Or do I have to settle for listening on MLB.com?

This is a joke.
"I literally love Justin Verlander." -- Jose Altuve

Alkie

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 04:27:07 pm »
Yes, game is on big FOX, but you'll probably get the Phils game.  We'll expect constant updates.

HurricaneDavid

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2005, 04:27:18 pm »
If you're not getting it on your Fox channel, then you're not getting it at all.
"Ground ball right side, they're not gonna be able to turn two OR ARE THEY, THROW, IS IN TIME!!! WHAT AN UNBELIEVABLE TURN BY BRUNTLETT AND EVERETT, AND THEY CUT DOWN MABRY TO END THE GAME, AND THE ASTROS LEAD THIS NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES THREE GAMES TO ONE!!!!!"

CJM

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2005, 04:59:17 pm »
MLB.tv uses your IP address to find out your location.  If you can find a open proxy server in one of the countries outside the blackout area you can get the game.  If you already have a MLB.tv account, you may have to create another one after going thru the new proxy.  You can then pay for a one-day access to watch the game(s) (I think it's around $4).  I have not done this for a few games that have not been broadcast on TV in Houston this season.

You can go to this site(www.ip2location.com) to see where MLB's server thinks you are after you have changed your proxy server.  Be sure to clear your cache, and cookies before going to MLB.tv to sign up with your new proxy settings.  A google search will give you plenty of sites with free, open proxy lists.  You will probably have to try a few, as some won't still be open, and others may be a little slow.  You shouldn't have too much of a problem finding a decent one, it just may take a few tries.  Be sure to confirm your location with the above site before going to MLB.tv, you can also go to  www.whatismyip.com to make sure your ip has been changed correctly.  It is also a good idea to make sure you have a good firewall when doing this.

I am in no way advocating any attempts to bypass MLB's blackout restrictions, or using a proxy without permission.  I am only providing information about the process.  Be sure to look out the window every 5-10 minutes to make sure there are no black helicopters above your location.  Putting aluminum foil over your walls, and ceiling has proved to be a good way of keeping the helicopter's mind-reading waves from entering your home.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2005, 05:04:42 pm »
Quote:

MLB.tv uses your IP address to find out your location.  If you can find a open proxy server in one of the countries outside the blackout area you can get the game.  If you already have a MLB.tv account, you may have to create another one after going thru the new proxy.  You can then pay for a one-day access to watch the game(s) (I think it's around $4).  I have not done this for a few games that have not been broadcast on TV in Houston this season.

You can go to this site(www.ip2location.com) to see where MLB's server thinks you are after you have changed your proxy server.  Be sure to clear your cache, and cookies before going to MLB.tv to sign up with your new proxy settings.  A google search will give you plenty of sites with free, open proxy lists.  You will probably have to try a few, as some won't still be open, and others may be a little slow.  You shouldn't have too much of a problem finding a decent one, it just may take a few tries.  Be sure to confirm your location with the above site before going to MLB.tv, you can also go to  www.whatismyip.com to make sure your ip has been changed correctly.  It is also a good idea to make sure you have a good firewall when doing this.

I am in no way advocating any attempts to bypass MLB's blackout restrictions, or using a proxy without permission.  I am only providing information about the process.  Be sure to look out the window every 5-10 minutes to make sure there are no black helicopters above your location.  Putting aluminum foil over your walls, and ceiling has proved to be a good way of keeping the helicopter's mind-reading waves from entering your home.

mlb.tv is blacked out on the Big FOX blackouts too. If your local FOX affiliate isn't carrying it, your 99% fucked. The 1% can listen to it on MLB Radio over the Internet.

On a normally broadcast non blacked out game, an open proxy server won't work either. I have tried. There are other things that work, though.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

CJM

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2005, 05:24:10 pm »
It works fine as long as the proxy is not in a country that's part of the blackout.  Austria worked for me earlier this season while I was in California.  It was the FOX early game, but they were only showing the 3pm central games in SF.  Thanks to the Hilton's high-speed internet, and the proxy in Austria I enjoyed baseball with my laptop hooked up to the TV at 10am on the left coast.

David in Jackson

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2005, 05:44:32 pm »
un-f***ing believable.  Finally the Yanks-Bosox game ends, and my local FOX affiliate joins a movie in progress.  No game.  No Phils, no nothing.

Why the h*** did they move the game time if FOX isn't going to show it.

Savage

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2005, 05:44:41 pm »
I still don't understand why FOX moves the time of the game and then doesn't broadcast either of the national league games nationally.  I can't get either of them and I have both West coast and East coast fox.

Craig

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2005, 05:47:33 pm »
Right now my local Fox affiliate is showing a 30-minute infomercial for orthotics, followed by "How Stella Got Her Groove Back."

I'm so fucking pissed I can't see straight. I've paid for MLB Extra Innings every year it's been in existence, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that when I CAN'T WATCH THE PLAYOFF RUN.

What a fucking joke.

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2005, 05:57:32 pm »
yeah, here in the big D I get Cheers (in progress) and then 'Pet Keeping With March Monroe'.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

David in Jackson

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2005, 05:58:32 pm »
Quote:

Right now my local Fox affiliate is showing a 30-minute infomercial for orthotics, followed by "How Stella Got Her Groove Back."

I'm so fucking pissed I can't see straight. I've paid for MLB Extra Innings every year it's been in existence, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that when I CAN'T WATCH THE PLAYOFF RUN.

What a fucking joke.

Me - too.  I spend, I think it's $129 bucks to watch the Astros on the Extra Innings package.  Now, I can't see this game at all.  Screw FOX and MLB for letting this happen.