Author Topic: beer in a can  (Read 9172 times)

Trey

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
beer in a can
« on: September 30, 2005, 05:24:32 pm »
There are times when beer must be in a can.  When tubing.  At certain outdoor events.  Shoved up a dead chicken's ass before you put him on your smoker.

What beers are good in a can?
Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

UpTooLate

• View Profile
Re: beer in a can
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 05:28:59 pm »
Tecate.  That is the one beer I can think of that I prefer in the can instead of the bottle.
"Go with Christ" - Eric "The Dawg" Cartman

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 05:29:51 pm »
Quote:

There are times when beer must be in a can.  When tubing.  At certain outdoor events.  Shoved up a dead chicken's ass before you put him on your smoker.

None are good in a can, but I'd say get whatever you normally drink.  I don't allow bottles around the pool, which means pouring into a plastic cup or cans.  I can never find Shiner Blonde in a can.  I know, none of this helps you.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

Cnote

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2005, 05:37:27 pm »
Quote:

Heineken, is not bad in their "NEW" can, I prefer my Pearl Beer in a can as well.

...Possibly the biggest downgrade from bottle to can is Corona...It's really bad, Stay away from it at all cost...It's like having Sex with a Fat Cub's fan.
Shocks...Pegs...Lucky!

Trey

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2005, 05:42:23 pm »
Quote:

I can never find Shiner Blonde in a can.

Did you ask about this before?  I knew I had seen it, but I could never remember where.  Then I saw it again, but didn't know who to PM.

Anyway, they seem to have it pretty regularly at Grapevine Market here in Austin.  I don't know if you have one of those in Houston or not.
Let me explain something to you. Um, I am not "Mr. Lebowski". You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 05:47:17 pm »
Quote:

...Possibly the biggest downgrade from bottle to can is Corona...

That's like saying dogshit tastes better on fine china than on a paper plate.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

geezerdonk

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • a long tradition of existence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 05:50:39 pm »
Atlas Prager
Carling Black label
Hamm's
Olympia
Blatz
Jax
Falstaff
E come vivo? Vivo.

Trey

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 05:53:52 pm »
Quote:

Olympia

Is this a joke, or have you recently had electroshock therapy?

UpTooLate

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2005, 05:54:05 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

...Possibly the biggest downgrade from bottle to can is Corona...

That's like saying dogshit tastes better on fine china than on a paper plate.

Duh!  Of course dogshit tastes better when served on fine china.

Corona is not a great beer, but it's not THAT bad.  Like if I go to someone's house and they say "you wanna beer?", and I say "sure". If they bring out a Corona, it ain't gonna kill me.
"Go with Christ" - Eric "The Dawg" Cartman

EasTexAstro

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2005, 05:58:40 pm »
Quote:

Extremely cold beer.

Beer so cold that it is icy.

Beer so cold that it is too cold to taste it.

Otherwise, you have to go bottled.

Seriously, if I am drinking a beer from a can, I am not expecting much in the way of flavor. Just cold suds.
It's my estimation that every man ever got a statue made of 'em was one kinda sombitch or another.

Trey

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2005, 05:58:40 pm »
I like Tecate, as well.  I think it's pretty good for Beer Can Chicken.  If it is the right atmosphere, I enjoy a Lone Star.  Not that it's good beer mind you, but that it's a Lone Star.  Dos Equis in a can is pretty good, but damned expensive.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
Meat on a Stick
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2005, 06:11:57 pm »
Quote:

Boddington's and Guiness are very acceptable in a can as they have the widget inside that infuses the beer when you open it.  Otherwise, I agree that Heineken is ok in a can but the general rule is that beer in cans sucks.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

HurricaneDavid

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2005, 06:51:03 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Olympia

Is this a joke, or have you recently had electroshock therapy?

It's the water.
"Ground ball right side, they're not gonna be able to turn two OR ARE THEY, THROW, IS IN TIME!!! WHAT AN UNBELIEVABLE TURN BY BRUNTLETT AND EVERETT, AND THEY CUT DOWN MABRY TO END THE GAME, AND THE ASTROS LEAD THIS NATIONAL LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES THREE GAMES TO ONE!!!!!"

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
Re: Meat on a Stick
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2005, 07:09:16 pm »
Quote:

Quote:

Boddington's and Guiness are very acceptable in a can as they have the widget inside that infuses the beer when you open it.  Otherwise, I agree that Heineken is ok in a can but the general rule is that beer in cans sucks.

Somebody beat me to it, but I would definitely vote for Guiness in a can ... their patented plastic whateveritis in the can makes it taste almost as good as on tap, while the bottled version tastes dead.
Up in the Air

Greg

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2005, 07:34:17 pm »
Quote:

Somebody beat me to it, but I would definitely vote for Guiness in a can ... their patented plastic whateveritis in the can makes it taste almost as good as on tap, while the bottled version tastes dead.

Stop me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Guinness come with the widget in the bottle too? I could of sworn it was in there the last time I treated myself...

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2005, 07:47:21 pm »
Quote:

Stop me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Guinness come with the widget in the bottle too? I could of sworn it was in there the last time I treated myself...

Yes, now it does. I think that's a relatively recent development.
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

tophfar

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2005, 08:12:52 pm »
Quote:

Heineken, is not bad in their "NEW" can, I prefer my Pearl Beer in a can as well.

I do not believe the words "prefer" and "Pearl Beer" have been used in the same sentence in all of recorded human history.

You should be very proud of yourself.

I think.
Here are just a few of the key ingredients: dynamite, pole vaulting, laughing gas, choppers - can you see how incredible this is going to be?

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
  • art is a bulwark against the irrationality of man
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2005, 08:49:31 pm »
I like Tecate, if you have to drink beer in a can. If it's hot  and I'm beer thirsty, I could drink Milwaukee's Beast Light and enjoy it. But if I got a choice, I'd go with Tecate.
Everyone's talking, few of them know
The rest are pretending, they put on a show
And if there's a message I guess this is it
Truth isn't easy, the easy part's shit

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2005, 10:05:01 pm »
Quote:

If it's hot  and I'm beer thirsty, I could drink Milwaukee's Beast Light and enjoy it. But if I got a choice, I'd go with Tecate.

I'd go with thirst.

chuck

• Contributor
  • Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2005, 12:29:00 am »
Headache-cold Lonestar in a can tastes great on a dizzying hot day. I'm surprised you people don't know this.
Y todo lo que sube baja
pregĂșntale a Pedro Navaja

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2005, 12:36:36 am »
Miller High Life. Tallboys.

For beer twat chicken, I have found a malt liquor (any brand) gives the best flavor.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

Navin R Johnson

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2005, 04:20:50 am »
HE DRANK PEARL IN A CAN AND JACK DANIELS BLACK
CHEWED TOBACCO FROM A MAIL POUCH SACK
HAD AN OLD DOG THAT WAS TRAINED TO ATTACK
SOMETIMES
HE'D GET DRUNK AND MEAN AS A RATTLESNAKE
AND THERE WASN'T TOO MUCH THAT HE WOULD TAKE
FROM A STRANGER
There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2005, 12:01:01 pm »
Quote:

Yes, now it does. I think that's a relatively recent development.

BRILLIANT!
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Kent's Moustache

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2005, 01:48:15 am »
Quote:

PBR, man.  PBR...
"Go play intramurals, brother.  Go play intramurals..."