Author Topic: look at it this way  (Read 2174 times)

geezerdonk

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • a long tradition of existence
    • View Profile
look at it this way
« on: October 01, 2005, 11:56:38 am »
At Stake: getting in the playoffs
The Location: home
The Rotation: Pettitte, Clemens, Oswalt
The Opposition: Cubs

If the Astros can't win two in these circumstances, they really don't have any business in the post season anyway.
E come vivo? Vivo.

Alkie

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Re: look at it this way
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 12:37:32 pm »
But that's NOT the situation anymore.

It's a TWO game series with Rocket and Roy in the rotation and we need 2 of 2 wins.

Yesterday is over.

No? in Austin

Re: look at it this way
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 01:07:52 pm »
Quote:

But that's NOT the situation anymore.

It's a TWO game series with Rocket and Roy in the rotation and we need 2 of 2 wins.

Yesterday is over.

Or one win by the Astros and a loss by the Phillies.  It is at this point that I will turn to an old baseball cliche or two:

1. It is durn near impossible to sweep a four game series from a major league team.

2. It is hard to sweep a three game series on the road.

Is it impossible for the unthinkable to happen?  No, it's not.  But a player has to go into a game with a certain amount of temperment control if you will to play well.  If the Astros look at the next two games as games they need to avoid losing rather than as games they can win, then they will be playing tight.  I also happen to think Philly will lose at least one game in Washington, maybe even two.  And I think the Astros will at least win one game, maybe even two, against the Cubs.

Everett throwing to the wrong base and Lidge coughing up a game is an indication of playing tight and not to lose to me, which of course meant they actually lost.  Can't do that, play loose and play to win.  Relax, do what you do best, believe in yourself and you'll be alright Astros.

And I sincerely believe they will.