Author Topic: Week 7/5 - 07/11: Ask And Ye Shall Maybe Receive vol. XVIII  (Read 7361 times)

Uncle Charlie

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
Re: Patton Interview on BA Daily Dish
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2005, 04:19:01 pm »
Quote:

Troy Patton is interviewed by BA about his season and why he hasn't been pitching lately ("They shut me down because I had some tightness in my shoulder. It's just minor tendonitis, and they were just very cautious. I'm ready to go, and start throwing again (Thursday) actually.").

The Link  

Good to see him getting some "national" press.  Given the tightness, I wonder how much he'll be allowed to pitch in Detroit.
The test of a true champion is how he reacts to adversity on days when it is bound to come.

jaklewein

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
Great game in CC last night...
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2005, 10:39:37 am »
Points of interest:

Hirsh pitched a complete game shutout...K-ing 11, walking none.  I'd love to hear details on his performance if anyone was in attendance.  You put Astacio, Nieve, Bucholtz, Hirsh and Mclemore together and that's a pretty good group of pitching talent.  While Pup may not want to give up three of them...surely he would consider moving one, maybe even two in the right deal for a bat.

Quintero went 1-3 and picked a runner off first.  He looks to be getting back into the swing of things.

JAnderson had a good game which included three steals.  I read a couple articles where the Pirates are looking for a CF or 3B prospect.  With Taveras already with the big club you would think Anderson might be one of the few areas besides pitching where they could trade from a strength.  I think CWilson would be a nice pickup.

Also, Whiteman played SS...so don't know what his future holds within the org anymore.

Duman

• Pope
    • View Profile
Patton's first Salem start slated for Saturday
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2005, 12:24:38 pm »
"DeJesus said Troy Patton will likely get his first start for the Avalanche on Saturday. Patton will be on a limit of 50 to 60 pitches, or three innings, then Matt Albers will take over."

The Link
Always ready to go to a game.

Duman

• Pope
    • View Profile
Wallace "Beau" Tolbert showing some life
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2005, 12:49:10 pm »
Tolbert who was the 17th round draft pick out of Faulkner University in 2004 is showing some life.  He was happered with a thigh injury during 2004 in Greeneville and has had an achilies injury right after his call up to Lexington this year.

On July 1, his average was at .091.  Since then, he has raised it to .222.  He has a 7 game hitting streak and during the streak he is: 12 for 28 (.429), 6 runs, 6 doubles, 5 RBI's, a triple and two stolen bases.

He plays a solid outfield and has good size 6' 4" and 205.

Let's see if he can keep it up.
Always ready to go to a game.

Jacksonian

• Double Super Secret Pope
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
Re: Great game in CC last night...
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2005, 01:31:06 pm »
Quote:

Points of interest:

Hirsh pitched a complete game shutout...K-ing 11, walking none.  I'd love to hear details on his performance if anyone was in attendance.

Here's the report I received from the inside.  Hirsh didn't necessarily have his best stuff.  Fastball might not have been crisp and his changeup was up.  His slider was apparently working.  IMO, this is a testament to him being closer to Oswalt than Redding mentally.  He seems pretty mentally tough and with it.  The more I think about it the more I think that the Astros drafted him in part because he's the type of personality the Astros look for in a player.

Quote:

Also, Whiteman played SS...so don't know what his future holds within the org anymore.

That is a good question.  I'm beginning to wonder if he isn't looked at as a career minor leaguer.
Goin' for a bus ride.