Author Topic: More controversy  (Read 22783 times)

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
Re: More controversy
« Reply #320 on: November 19, 2019, 03:24:23 pm »
Manfred speaks:

Major League Baseball's investigation into the Houston Astros' sign-stealing scandal remains underway but no other teams are currently under suspicion, commissioner Rob Manfred told reporters Wednesday.

"I have no reason to believe it extends beyond the Astros at this point in time," Manfred said at the owners meetings in Arlington, Texas, according to Jeff Passan of ESPN.

Manfred is a coward.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

SoonerJim

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: November 19, 2019, 03:50:06 pm »
Manfred is protecting the MLB brand. Ole Miss beat Alabama twice and the SEC and NCAA came down on the interlopers like a hailstorm. We're MLB interlopers, trespassing on the rightful territory of NY, Boston, and LA. What combination of fines, suspensions, and draft picks will this cost?

Astros Fan in Big D

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: November 19, 2019, 03:52:01 pm »
https://twitter.com/AstrosCounty/status/1196907597800103938?s=19

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2855354-you-cant-trust-nobody-inside-mlbs-war-on-high-tech-sign-stealing.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

Predictably, nobody in the game is willing to publicly finger those who were cheating or those whom they believe might be cheating. But given assurances of anonymity, several league sources indicate the Astros, Dodgers, Red Sox, New York Yankees and Arizona Diamondbacks have been especially adept with technological surveillance. One source mentions the Cubs and Washington Nationals dabble a bit "but not as much as others." Another source says the Indians, while still another notes the Toronto Blue Jays and Texas Rangers once were suspected as well.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • The goddamn Germans ain't got nothin to do with it
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: November 19, 2019, 04:13:53 pm »
Manfred is protecting the MLB brand. Ole Miss beat Alabama twice and the SEC and NCAA came down on the interlopers like a hailstorm. We're MLB interlopers, trespassing on the rightful territory of NY, Boston, and LA. What combination of fines, suspensions, and draft picks will this cost?

ALL OF THEM!
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
  • art is a bulwark against the irrationality of man
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: November 19, 2019, 04:22:39 pm »
I am really disappointed in Manfred. He just became a hatchet man for the evil empire. A quisling pusilanimous cur.
Everyone's talking, few of them know
The rest are pretending, they put on a show
And if there's a message I guess this is it
Truth isn't easy, the easy part's shit

TerryPuhl21

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: November 19, 2019, 04:26:04 pm »
I’m starting to here speculation that Luhnow could be looking at a lifetime ban similar to Coppawhatever his name was with the Braves, if it can be shown he knew about and approved of this tactic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arky Vaughan

• Administrator
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: November 19, 2019, 04:28:49 pm »
Maybe Manfred can use all his commissioner super powers to impose a really drastic punishment on the Astros, like forcing them at gunpoint to change leagues. Oh, wait ...

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: November 19, 2019, 04:29:46 pm »
I’m starting to here speculation that Luhnow could be looking at a lifetime ban similar to Coppawhatever his name was with the Braves, if it can be shown he knew about and approved of this tactic.

What would Beltran and Cora be looking at?
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

The Spleen

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: November 19, 2019, 04:48:42 pm »

He won't be going under the bus alone if that happens.
When the Clark is dead, Spack will eat his spleen. Before he dies, Spack will put his posts under the knife so the Clark will see his threads wiped out forever...

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #329 on: November 19, 2019, 04:52:51 pm »

Oh, please. Lifetime ban. Did you “here” this on MLB Radio too?  Crazily talk.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #330 on: November 19, 2019, 05:01:31 pm »
I hope Rosenthal saw that Manfred quote and says "Oh yeah?"

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: November 19, 2019, 05:41:53 pm »
If the grift is that “no other teams are being investigated” then I expect the Astros punishment to be relatively light. They will not go down quietly.
"You want me broken. You want me dead.
I'm living rent-free in the back of your head."

Arky Vaughan

• Administrator
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 19, 2019, 06:06:48 pm »
I speculate that the punishment could be that the entire Astros roster will be turned over to the Brewers.

There. Now you can all go forth and tell everyone that you have heard speculation of this.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 19, 2019, 06:30:58 pm »
I speculate that the punishment could be that the entire Astros roster will be turned over to the Brewers.

There. Now you can all go forth and tell everyone that you have heard speculation of this.

They're out of control.

Won't someone think of the children!

SoonerJim

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 19, 2019, 06:44:19 pm »

Now you’re talking! Make them Brewers; case solved.

Tom Servo

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 19, 2019, 06:57:09 pm »
So now it's buzzing bandages. Ok, so why the fuck are people banging on trash cans then?

Let's throw a bunch of shit at a wall and see what sticks, I guess. 

And fuck you, Jomboy.

https://am570lasports.iheart.com/content/2019-11-19-mlb-executives-believe-astros-were-using-buzzing-bandages-to-relay-pitches/

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 19, 2019, 08:56:07 pm »
Hopefully others in the media will pick up on this as well:

https://mlb.nbcsports.com/2019/11/19/whitewash-rob-manfred-says-he-doesnt-think-sign-stealing-extends-beyond-the-astros/

“Right now, we are focused on the information that we have with respect to the Astros. I’m not going to speculate on whether other people are going to be involved. We’ll deal with that if it happens, but I’m not going to speculate about that. I have no reason to believe it extends beyond the Astros at this point in time.”

This is simply incredible. As in literally not credible.

It’s not credible because, just last week, in the original story in The Athletic, it was reported that the Astros system was set up by two players, one of whom was “a hitter who was struggling at the plate and had benefited from sign stealing with a previous team, according to club sources . . .

astrojo

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
  • art is a bulwark against the irrationality of man
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 20, 2019, 06:49:35 am »
Everyone's talking, few of them know
The rest are pretending, they put on a show