Author Topic: WS parking or metrorail  (Read 2482 times)

utastro

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
WS parking or metrorail
« on: October 22, 2019, 09:33:22 pm »
I’ll be attending game 2 tomorrow. I usually try and park somewhere on Austin just past Texas. But I’m thinking I’ll have trouble finding a metered spot tomorrow. Any suggestions on where to park? I read that the metrorail is free with a WS ticket. Where would I park to catch the metrorail? Which line? Red to Green?

I should add I’m coming from Austin and haven’t lived in Houston for 20 years. I usually only go to 1 or 2 games a season hence why I’m asking for suggestions on where to park.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 09:42:51 pm by utastro »
Oh God, I wish I was a loofah!

DVauthrin

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
Re: WS parking or metrorail
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 10:50:55 pm »
Here’s a blog post from METRO that says to take the Purple Line to the Convention District exit.

https://metroblog.ridemetro.org/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?ID=139

You can park at the Palm Center Transit Center. 

https://www.ridemetro.org/Pages/Rail.aspx/posted/2491/METRORail_SystemMap1_27_2010.468583.pdf

If you would rather park downtown, I suggest downloading the ParkWhiz app and reserving your spot at the lot of your choice tonight.
Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 11:19:06 pm »
if you chose to park downtown, then i'd park a little further away from the ballpark.  May make leaving easier.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 07:06:39 am »
You won't find metered parking. There will be lots, but they will probably be pricey.  Palm Center is a long way away, but I'd think that if you park on the theater district side of downtown you can still walk or take the cross town metro.  I don't ever park there but somewhere between the medical center and downtown would also work for Metro.
"I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing... as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”  Charles Grassley

utastro

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 08:02:41 am »
I used parkwhiz to reserve a spot on Congress and main for $10. Thanks for the tip.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2019, 08:59:02 am »
I'm having an early dinner at Ninfa's on Navigation and using their shuttle to get to the game and back.
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
  • The goddamn Germans ain't got nothin to do with it
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2019, 09:53:20 am »
We generally park in the lot across the street from El Big Bad, between Prairie and Preston, with the entrance on Milam. 15-20 bucks tops, and just the right distance to get you away from most of the worst traffic, and a quick jump on the highway to get out of town.
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das

astrojo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2019, 10:48:13 am »
I use ParkMobile App. Yesterday I reserved my parking space at Houston Center Garage One for $11.11 (app said $12). It is bordered by Caroline/Austin/Rusk. An easy walk to Minute Maid and a quick getaway out of downtown via Walker to Louisiana.

utastro

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2019, 05:20:59 pm »
Freaking garage I reserved on parkwhiz said they aren’t honoring the pass. Assholes. Parkwhiz refunded me and gave me a credit. I was able to find a meter spot right around the corner at Preston and Travis. Only had to pay $3.96 for the rest of the evening. I was flipping the parking guy off as I pulled away.

DVauthrin

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2019, 05:25:45 pm »
Freaking garage I reserved on parkwhiz said they aren’t honoring the pass. Assholes. Parkwhiz refunded me and gave me a credit. I was able to find a meter spot right around the corner at Preston and Travis. Only had to pay $3.96 for the rest of the evening. I was flipping the parking guy off as I pulled away.

Sorry to hear about the issues with that garage, but I’m glad you found a cheaper metered spot instead.  I’ve used ParkWhiz multiple times in the last year and haven’t had any issues.  I wouldn’t have recommended the app otherwise.
Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

utastro

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2019, 05:39:59 pm »
Sorry to hear about the issues with that garage, but I’m glad you found a cheaper metered spot instead.  I’ve used ParkWhiz multiple times in the last year and haven’t had any issues.  I wouldn’t have recommended the app otherwise.

Parkwhiz was super pissed about it. I’d definitely use it again.

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2019, 04:54:21 pm »
We generally park in the lot across the street from El Big Bad, between Prairie and Preston, with the entrance on Milam. 15-20 bucks tops, and just the right distance to get you away from most of the worst traffic, and a quick jump on the highway to get out of town.

Parking garage there where we started parking in $10-15.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.