Author Topic: WS 2019  (Read 3933 times)

Snuffy

• Prime Time Player
  • Watch him "motate" down the line!
    • View Profile
Re: WS 2019
« Reply #60 on: October 24, 2019, 08:17:30 am »
i think Fox called MLB who called the Washington front office who called Soto and told him to drop the crotch grab. That makes his "Soto Shuffle" bullshit slightly less annoying, but it's still an arrogant piece of nonsense. I wish Bob Gibson were still pitching. Soon enough  Soto would have a real reason to grab his crotch.

ROFL
Nothing worthwhile comes without pain, ask any Astros fan.

SoonerJim

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2019, 08:28:45 am »
Put Alvarez in LF, Brantley in RF; Reddick’s pretty much an automatic out at this point

Limey

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 24, 2019, 08:33:12 am »
Still don’t hate the Nationals.  Their game is suffocating the Astros to the point where everyone is on edge and making mistakes as a result. 

Ok, so Soto has some irritating gloss to his game, but is that any different to Bregman’s posing and staring?  They’re beating the Astros at the Astros’ game and thoroughly enjoying doing it.  So, as the adage goes, don’t get mad,  get even. 

Win Friday and then it’s back around to Cole/Scherzer and Verlander/Strasbourg on Saturday and Sunday.  Take 2 out of 3 up there (we did in NY), bring it home, play hard and see what happens. 

Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

SoonerJim

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 24, 2019, 08:42:40 am »
Still don’t hate the Nationals.  Their game is suffocating the Astros to the point where everyone is on edge and making mistakes as a result. 

Ok, so Soto has some irritating gloss to his game, but is that any different to Bregman’s posing and staring?  They’re beating the Astros at the Astros’ game and thoroughly enjoying doing it.  So, as the adage goes, don’t get mad,  get even. 

Win Friday and then it’s back around to Cole/Scherzer and Verlander/Strasbourg on Saturday and Sunday.  Take 2 out of 3 up there (we did in NY), bring it home, play hard and see what happens.

Soto’s got swag; he backs it up with his play

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 24, 2019, 08:50:47 am »
I can totally see this Astros team taking 2 of 3 in DC. Here's hoping we do.
"You want me broken. You want me dead.
I'm living rent-free in the back of your head."

Astros Fan in Big D

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 24, 2019, 08:55:46 am »
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!?

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 24, 2019, 08:57:59 am »

yes
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Aussie Astro

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 24, 2019, 09:05:21 am »

Toga! Toga!
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

Waldo

• Administrator
  • Pope
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ashrubbery.com/
« Reply #68 on: October 24, 2019, 09:30:00 am »
Ok, so Soto has some irritating gloss to his game, but is that any different to Bregman’s posing and staring?

It's not.  Guys like Bregman and Soto are good for the game IMO.

Truthfully, I'm more annoyed that the Astros have started doing that light show for home runs that the Rangers and Yankees do.  Cool when your team has/gets the lead, I guess, but fucking ridiculous when you're down by 10 in the 9th.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 24, 2019, 10:18:22 am »
Don't like Soto?

Get him out.

The only thing I don't like about the Nationals is that they are paying great.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 24, 2019, 10:19:20 am »
Don't like Soto?

Get him out.

The only thing I don't like about the Nationals is that they are paying great.

Ditto.  The only think I don't like about the Astros is that they are not playing great.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2019, 10:34:23 am »
Truthfully, I'm more annoyed that the Astros have started doing that light show for home runs that the Rangers and Yankees do.  Cool when your team has/gets the lead, I guess, but fucking ridiculous when you're down by 10 in the 9th.

Yeah. It's not a very cool effect during the best of times but I half expected them not to flip that switch when Machete went deep.
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

BizidyDizidy

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2019, 01:32:01 pm »
Das - any view on whether Sunday's game is at risk from rain? Was thinking about heading down for it.
"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people."
  -  Orson Welles

das

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
    • Faith Home Ministries
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2019, 01:59:58 pm »
Das - any view on whether Sunday's game is at risk from rain? Was thinking about heading down for it.

It's going to rain for sure but the main question is when it shuts off.  Right now, the trailing cold front looks to push thru between 4pm and 8pm Sunday so, after a daylong rain, it should be shutting off right around game time.  The evening model runs today should be able to narrow that shutoff time down to a two hour window. 

So, if driving down from N?YC, plan on a rainy drive.  You know what I95 through the corridor is like during the rain so plan accordingly.  That said, they should get the game in.  There may be a delay or two since sometimes there is a trailing shower or two behind the front in this setup but they should not be show stoppers.  Bring an umbrella and a towel to wipe down the seats of course...
Another trenchant comment by a jealous lesser intellect.

BizidyDizidy

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2019, 02:02:34 pm »
Thanks Das - I guess first order of business is whether we make it to Sunday in the first place.
"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people."
  -  Orson Welles

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2019, 10:35:21 pm »
Thanks Das - I guess first order of business is whether we make it to Sunday in the first place.

Well played, sir. The BBGs are always watching.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 26, 2019, 08:03:37 am »
Well played, sir. The BBGs are always watching.
As are their local agents in place, apparently.
Up in the Air

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 26, 2019, 03:54:31 pm »
Marisnick in center, Springer in right tonight.
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 26, 2019, 03:57:56 pm »

3 lefties and Diaz/Machete on the bench for AJ.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2019, 03:59:58 pm »

No surprise, Corbin has been especially tough on lefties this year.  I'm sure we'll see Diaz pinch hitting tonight, probably early. 
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.