Author Topic: WS 2019  (Read 3937 times)

Limey

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
Re: WS 2019
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2019, 12:39:39 pm »
Cole gave up 5 runs for the first time since May 22nd.

I’ll get me coat...
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Astros Fan in Big D

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2019, 03:57:41 pm »
Correa and Alvarez swapped in the lineup again:

https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/1187098662360489991?s=19

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2019, 04:02:10 pm »
Correa and Alvarez swapped in the lineup again:

https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/1187098662360489991?s=19

i was wondering last night if that was going to happen.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2019, 05:04:32 pm »
i was wondering last night if that was going to happen.

If it happened last night, the Astros win that game.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

Navin R Johnson

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2019, 05:22:24 pm »
Just got some last minute it handed too me, 438.    Lets even this series up!!
There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Waldo

• Administrator
  • Pope
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ashrubbery.com/
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2019, 05:27:59 pm »
Sanchez has been named the Game 3 starter opposite Greinke.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2019, 05:30:41 pm »
Sanchez has been named the Game 3 starter opposite Greinke.

That was a foregone conclusion, no?

On a side note, one of my co-worker's best friend is Sanchez's wife.  She's going to the game tonight, but was told she couldn't sit in the players family section unless she wore red.  So she did.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

Navin R Johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2019, 05:33:19 pm »
Welp.  Looks like the Astros are out off the news cycle.  An Ump just tweeted out if Trump gets impeached he is buying an AR15 and there will be a civil war
There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Navin R Johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2019, 05:34:49 pm »
Major league umpire Rob Drake tweeted “I will be buying an AR-15 tomorrow, because if you impeach MY PRESIDENT this way, YOU WILL HAVE ANOTHER CIVAL WAR!!! #MAGA2020”, according to a copy of the tweet obtained by ESPN. MLB says it is aware of it. News:

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • The goddamn Germans ain't got nothin to do with it
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2019, 06:03:10 pm »
Major league umpire Rob Drake tweeted “I will be buying an AR-15 tomorrow, because if you impeach MY PRESIDENT this way, YOU WILL HAVE ANOTHER CIVAL WAR!!! #MAGA2020”, according to a copy of the tweet obtained by ESPN. MLB says it is aware of it. News:

Jesus. Fucking. Christ.
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2019, 06:05:51 pm »

I wonder how much Luhnow paid him.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Waldo

• Administrator
  • Pope
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ashrubbery.com/
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2019, 06:10:37 pm »
That was a foregone conclusion, no?

Maybe after last night, but I had seen a lot of prior discussion that it would be Corbin in G3, Sanchez in G4.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2019, 06:13:58 pm »
So i just learned that the nats stadium is a no wave zone. Gotta give’em credit for that.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2019, 07:13:30 pm »
I’m going to try really, really hard to hate this Nationals team but, even over 7 games, I’m not sure I’m going to succeed.  They’re the reincarnation of the 2017 Astros, and anyone who could bring themselves to hate that team was a dick. 

I still want them to lose in 5, but they’re a fun team to watch, presumably, for those who don’t want them to die like dogs.  (See?   I’m really trying). 

I suspect that we'll hate Soto for one reason or another before it's all over.
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

Tom Servo

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2019, 07:39:27 pm »
I suspect that we'll hate Soto for one reason or another before it's all over.
Call me crazy, but I kinda like him. I know the fox guys going on and on about him being 20 and all that gets old. But I like his enthusiasm.

Of course I reserve the right to change my opinion, depending on how the rest of the series goes.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2019, 07:58:32 pm »
Call me crazy, but I kinda like him. I know the fox guys going on and on about him being 20 and all that gets old. But I like his enthusiasm.

Of course I reserve the right to change my opinion, depending on how the rest of the series goes.

i think Fox called MLB who called the Washington front office who called Soto and told him to drop the crotch grab. That makes his "Soto Shuffle" bullshit slightly less annoying, but it's still an arrogant piece of nonsense. I wish Bob Gibson were still pitching. Soon enough  Soto would have a real reason to grab his crotch.
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

das

• View Profile
    • Faith Home Ministries
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2019, 07:54:06 am »
 A couple of observations: The Astros have certainly run into a buzzsaw regarding the Nats. The Nats are playing very well and every single thing is falling right into place for them. It will be interesting to see how the Astros regroup and respond. Expecting the Nats to come back to earth is probably not a reasonable expectation. One other thing; the radio and water cooler conversations here in DC are insufferable if you are an Astros fan.  Any attempt to put the last couple of games behind you and focus on the next game is exceedingly hard. If I can make it over the next couple of days without punching someone in the nose, I will consider that a moral, spiritual and emotional victory.
Another trenchant comment by a jealous lesser intellect.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2019, 07:57:32 am »
Good luck Das.

Send some slump busting weather to the visitors dugout.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2019, 07:59:51 am »
A couple of observations: The Astros have certainly run into a buzzsaw regarding the Nats. The Nats are playing very well and every single thing is falling right into place for them. It will be interesting to see how the Astros regroup and respond. Expecting the Nats to come back to earth is probably not a reasonable expectation. One other thing; the radio and water cooler conversations here in DC are insufferable if you are an Astros fan.  Any attempt to put the last couple of games behind you and focus on the next game is exceedingly hard. If I can make it over the next couple of days without punching someone in the nose, I will consider that a moral, spiritual and emotional victory.

You should be here in Houston then.  The only topic of conversation on the radio is tonight's NFL game and who to start in your fantasy league. 

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2019, 08:01:32 am »

Saw somewhere:  "There should be a new rule...no one is allowed to participate in a civil war until they can spell it correctly."