Author Topic: 2019 American League Championship Series, Game 1...October 12, 2019  (Read 5413 times)

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 American League Championship Series, Game 1...October 12, 2019
« Reply #260 on: October 21, 2019, 08:29:38 pm »
Torres covering second? Agreed (!) re Bracamonte’s presentation.

The OFers were very deep in a no doubles defense so anything Altuve hit had to be hard, high, and off the wall or over it to score Springer. When he hit it, my first thought was “that’s out,” then I saw it was headed toward the bullpen well. I was not certain till it hit the wall, and I hoped Springer was sprinting.

I never did figure out how far along Springer was and what would have happened if the ball had bounced off the wall still in play. Did anybody else see where Springer was?

ETA: Never mind, I just watched that outfield video. Springer knew it was out  almost immediately and started jogging long before he got to 2nd. And Torres headed to cover 2nd and then just kept jogging to the dugout; that was fun to see.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 08:32:37 pm by austro »
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
  • The goddamn Germans ain't got nothin to do with it
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 22, 2019, 10:59:15 am »
Torres covering second? Agreed (!) re Bracamonte’s presentation.

The OFers were very deep in a no doubles defense so anything Altuve hit had to be hard, high, and off the wall or over it to score Springer. When he hit it, my first thought was “that’s out,” then I saw it was headed toward the bullpen well. I was not certain till it hit the wall, and I hoped Springer was sprinting.

Torres, not Urshella.

Also of note, Springer was fucking FLYING, but was looking right at it, so he hit second base with his hands up in the air and started to trot.
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das

WVastro

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: October 22, 2019, 05:41:36 pm »
So my buddy started filming me while I was streaming the game with a few work colleagues. He knew what I was about to see and knew I was about to lose my shit.... here you go:

https://twitter.com/JonasThoms/status/1186774000984383493?s=19

Navin R Johnson

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: October 22, 2019, 05:44:12 pm »
So my buddy started filming me while I was streaming the game with a few work colleagues. He knew what I was about to see and knew I was about to lose my shit.... here you go:

That is awesome!  Work trip at a Hampton Inn watching on a phone.  As a work traveler I can relate.  All my coworkers get on me for always haveing an Astros koozie everywhere I go.
There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Astros Fan in Big D

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: October 22, 2019, 06:10:00 pm »

Greatness!