Author Topic: Stretch run  (Read 4557 times)

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
Re: Stretch run
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2019, 05:01:33 pm »
Doesn't Verlander start the first playoff game regardless of what happens Sunday? Is Hinch going to move Cole ahead of Verlander in the playoff rotation?

That's what it sounded like to me...And it's not moving guys around, it's sticking with the rotation.  Cole would go Game 1 and possibly Game 5 of the ALDS, and Verlander would go Game 2 of the ALDS and open the ALCS, if they made that far.  Whoever opens the ALDS likely will not open the ALCS. One will be Verlander and one will be Cole.  Decide who you want where.  Of course, I could be wrong.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2019, 05:06:13 pm »
That's what it sounded like to me...And it's not moving guys around, it's sticking with the rotation.  Cole would go Game 1 and possibly Game 5 of the ALDS, and Verlander would go Game 2 of the ALDS and open the ALCS, if they made that far.  Whoever opens the ALDS likely will not open the ALCS. One will be Verlander and one will be Cole.  Decide who you want where.  Of course, I could be wrong.
You could be, but (at least in this case) I doubt you are.
Up in the Air

doyce7

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2019, 05:11:49 pm »
The ALDS game 1's are going to be on Friday Oct 4. So having Verlander going game 1 would be on normal rest. They could go with Cole in game 1 then Verlander game 2 with both being on 5 days rest or Verlander on normal rest and Cole on 6 days rest

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2019, 05:33:21 pm »
The ALDS game 1's are going to be on Friday Oct 4. So having Verlander going game 1 would be on normal rest. They could go with Cole in game 1 then Verlander game 2 with both being on 5 days rest or Verlander on normal rest and Cole on 6 days rest

That's only if Cole pitches Sunday. If he doesn't, he's on 10 or 11 days off, which seems risky to me. I would think you'd have Cole pitch Sunday no matter what, just to keep things normal for him. But that's not what I read.  We'll see what Hinch and Strom have in mind. The bigger question is the fourth starter and whether or not Miley earns a spot.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

doyce7

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2019, 05:36:10 pm »
That's only if Cole pitches Sunday. If he doesn't, he's on 10 or 11 days off, which seems risky to me. I would think you'd have Cole pitch Sunday no matter what, just to keep things normal for him. But that's not what I read.  We'll see what Hinch and Strom have in mind. The bigger question is the fourth starter and whether or not Miley earns a spot.
I had Verlander and Cole flipped in my head for some reason. I bet they have Cole pitch but only 5 innings at the most on Sunday.

geezerdonk

• a long tradition of existence
    • View Profile
Stretch run
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2019, 07:22:45 pm »
If its Verlander and Cole in the first round they will both be going on five days rest. If its Cole and Verlander, Cole will be going on regular rest and Verlander on six days.
E come vivo? Vivo.

geezerdonk

• View Profile
Stretch run
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2019, 07:35:04 pm »
If its Verlander and Cole in the first round and it goes three or four games, then it can be Verlander and Cole in the second round. If the first round goes five games, then Cole starts the second round and Verlander gets the second game if the interval gives him four days rest. 
E come vivo? Vivo.

Astros Fan in Big D

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2019, 08:38:20 pm »
I was told the would be no math.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2019, 01:44:11 am »
Doesn't Verlander start the first playoff game regardless of what happens Sunday? Is Hinch going to move Cole ahead of Verlander in the playoff rotation?

I think JV starts #1 regardless.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

Waldo

• Administrator
  • Pope
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ashrubbery.com/
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2019, 08:48:33 am »

Probably right.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2019, 04:30:33 pm »

Doubtless true.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

Lefty

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2019, 07:58:00 pm »
Here's Hinch talking about playing time this week:  https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/1176652896810569728
You may ask yourself, "How do I work this?"

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2019, 10:15:32 pm »
JJ Man Choi hits a WOHR to beat the Yanks. 
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Astros Fan in Big D

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 25, 2019, 05:05:15 am »
Last night's action gives the Astros a 1.5 game lead on the Yankees. Magic number for best record is 4.

CFM goes for the Rays today.

AL WC is tight:
Oak is a half game up on the Rays who lead Cle by a half game.

NL WC is just about set.   Was clinched a spot last night; Mil is 5 up on the steM and FTC.  Mil is 1 game back of the Nats to host the WC game.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 05:21:55 am by Astros Fan in Big D »

Waldo

• Administrator
  • Pope
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ashrubbery.com/
« Reply #74 on: September 25, 2019, 06:37:44 am »
Magic number for best record is 4.

4 for sole best record, 3 for home field advantage, against both the Yankees and Dodgers. The Astros’ win last night clinched them a better intradivision record than the Dodgers, so the Astros own the tiebreakers over both teams.

Aussie Astro

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2019, 06:46:55 am »
JJ Man Choi hits a WOHR to beat the Yanks.

Choi is one those guys that may not have big numbers, but it is uncanny how often he delivers when they need him.  I hate it when the Astros play the Rays, I would hate it even more if it were to happen in the postseason.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2019, 06:44:32 pm »
D-Backs take down the Cards, while the Brewers are in the process of mauling the Reds. Suddenly the NL Central is a lot more up in the air.
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2019, 07:59:57 pm »
CFM looking tough against the Yankees.
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

geezerdonk

• View Profile
Stretch run
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2019, 08:08:24 pm »
Can the bullpen hold it?
E come vivo? Vivo.

Snuffy

• Prime Time Player
  • Watch him "motate" down the line!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2019, 08:37:14 pm »
CFM looking tough against the Yankees.

Finished w/ 100-pitches in 6 innings, 1 hit, 2 BB, 9 K;s and a 3-0 lead..
Rays still batting in 7th w/ 2 on and the 3rd run having scored.
Nothing worthwhile comes without pain, ask any Astros fan.