Author Topic: 8/9 Astros @ Orioles  (Read 13537 times)

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
  • The goddamn Germans ain't got nothin to do with it
    • View Profile
8/9 Astros @ Orioles
« on: August 09, 2019, 06:20:22 pm »
Springer swings out of his fucking jock strap at a meatball slider up and in and strikes out.

Altuve demolishes a ball to left for a single.

1 on, 1 out.
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
Re: 8/9 Astros @ Orioles
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 06:21:13 pm »
Springer swings out of his fucking jock strap at a meatball slider up and in and strikes out.

Altuve demolishes a ball to left for a single.

1 on, 1 out.

Brantley gets a fastball right down the pipe and hits a weak fly to left center, 2 outs.
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 06:22:36 pm »

This is my biggest fear about coming to Baltimore immediately after the Yankees hit 258 homers in a four-game series: that everybody will be trying to hit a 500-ft homer every AB.
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 06:24:52 pm »
Brantley gets a fastball right down the pipe and hits a weak fly to left center, 2 outs.

Bregman works the count to 3-1 taking a few tough pitches, catches the outside corner, 3-2. Shot down the right field line just fair in the corner, Altuve speed burns around 3rd and scores. Bregman with a 2 out, RBI double!

1-0 Astros

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 06:25:23 pm »
Nice patient AB from AB.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 06:26:47 pm »
Bundy is lucky that 4th pitch to Alvarez wasn't put in orbit.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2019, 06:27:05 pm »
This guy isn't afraid to surround his 93 mph FB with a lot of strike zone.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2019, 06:29:18 pm »
Bregman works the count to 3-1 taking a few tough pitches, catches the outside corner, 3-2. Shot down the right field line just fair in the corner, Altuve speed burns around 3rd and scores. Bregman with a 2 out, RBI double!

1-0 Astros

Yordan takes a inside fastball, strike 1. Top of the inside corner, 0-2. Way inside ball 1. Breaking ball catches a lot of the plate, Alvarez yanks it foul down the 1B line. Alvarez got his first big league hit off of Bundy. Takes low and out, 2-2. Fouls off a fastball, Alvarez looked like he was sitting breaking ball there. Took a ferocious hack. Same thing again.  Ball out. The Orioles catcher is obnoxiously bad at framing. He YANKS every pitch back to the zone. It looks horrible. 3-2, doinked somehow in the middle of the shift in RF, just a little drop shot between the shallow 2B and in front of the RFer. Bregman cruises home.

2-0 Astros.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2019, 06:29:47 pm »
Excellent distance control by Yordan.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2019, 06:29:50 pm »
He could not have thrown a ball into that spot any better.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2019, 06:31:43 pm »
Yordan takes a inside fastball, strike 1. Top of the inside corner, 0-2. Way inside ball 1. Breaking ball catches a lot of the plate, Alvarez yanks it foul down the 1B line. Alvarez got his first big league hit off of Bundy. Takes low and out, 2-2. Fouls off a fastball, Alvarez looked like he was sitting breaking ball there. Took a ferocious hack. Same thing again.  Ball out. The Orioles catcher is obnoxiously bad at framing. He YANKS every pitch back to the zone. It looks horrible. 3-2, doinked somehow in the middle of the shift in RF, just a little drop shot between the shallow 2B and in front of the RFer. Bregman cruises home.

2-0 Astros.

Correa takes ball 1, up and in. Ball 2, low. Yanked low and out, catcher has to pull some fancy moves to keep that one in front of him. 3-0. Outside corner, strike 1. Swings over ball 4, ugh Carlos. 3-2, Swings at the same shitty pitch, misses again. Punch out to end the inning.

But the Astros do some damage! 2-0 Astros, mid 1.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2019, 06:32:47 pm »
Carlos didn't exactly exert his advantage after being up 3-0.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2019, 06:33:48 pm »
Correa takes ball 1, up and in. Ball 2, low. Yanked low and out, catcher has to pull some fancy moves to keep that one in front of him. 3-0. Outside corner, strike 1. Swings over ball 4, ugh Carlos. 3-2, Swings at the same shitty pitch, misses again. Punch out to end the inning.

But the Astros do some damage! 2-0 Astros, mid 1.

Here are tonight's line ups, but the by...

Astros Lineup
George Springer (R) CF
Jose Altuve (R) 2B
Michael Brantley (L) LF
Alex Bregman (R) 3B
Yordan Alvarez (L) DH
Carlos Correa (R) SS
Yuli Gurriel (R) 1B
Robinson Chirinos (R) C
Josh Reddick (L) RF

Orioles Lineup
Hanser Alberto (R) 3B
Trey Mancini (R) 1B
Anthony Santander (S) RF
Renato Nunez (R) DH
Jonathan Villar (S) 2B
Pedro Severino (R) C
Stevie Wilkerson (S) CF
Jace Peterson (L) LF
Richie Martin (R) SS

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2019, 06:35:45 pm »
Here are tonight's line ups, but the by...

Astros Lineup
George Springer (R) CF
Jose Altuve (R) 2B
Michael Brantley (L) LF
Alex Bregman (R) 3B
Yordan Alvarez (L) DH
Carlos Correa (R) SS
Yuli Gurriel (R) 1B
Robinson Chirinos (R) C
Josh Reddick (L) RF

Orioles Lineup
Hanser Alberto (R) 3B
Trey Mancini (R) 1B
Anthony Santander (S) RF
Renato Nunez (R) DH
Jonathan Villar (S) 2B
Pedro Severino (R) C
Stevie Wilkerson (S) CF
Jace Peterson (L) LF
Richie Martin (R) SS

Bottom 1

Alberto facing Miley, Miley tempting him with a bunch of stuff around the edges of the zone, count is 3-2. Fouls off a breaking ball. Another foul. Again. Lob shot down the RF line for a double on an absolute excuse me swing with his ass in the dugout.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2019, 06:36:58 pm »
Bottom 1

Alberto facing Miley, Miley tempting him with a bunch of stuff around the edges of the zone, count is 3-2. Fouls off a breaking ball. Another foul. Again. Lob shot down the RF line for a double on an absolute excuse me swing with his ass in the dugout.

Mancini takes a knee high fastball, strike 1. Slaps one up the middle, Altuve crosses 2nd to make the pickup then throws a cross body toss to first, gets him by a step. 1 out, Alberto to 3rd.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2019, 06:38:48 pm »
Mancini takes a knee high fastball, strike 1. Slaps one up the middle, Altuve crosses 2nd to make the pickup then throws a cross body toss to first, gets him by a step. 1 out, Alberto to 3rd.

Santander up, Miley misses badly twice, 2-0. Pours one in, strike 1. Swings through a cutter, 2-2. Kalas is pronouncing this guy's name like it's expensive wine for some reason. Is it not pronounced like it's spelled?

Chopped to short, Correa jumps and snags it, makes it look easy as he throws him out at 1st. Runner holds.

2 outs.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2019, 06:40:12 pm »
Santander up, Miley misses badly twice, 2-0. Pours one in, strike 1. Swings through a cutter, 2-2. Kalas is pronouncing this guy's name like it's expensive wine for some reason. Is it not pronounced like it's spelled?

Chopped to short, Correa jumps and snags it, makes it look easy as he throws him out at 1st. Runner holds.

2 outs.

Nunez up, low, ball 1. Fouls off a cutter.  Cutter in, 2-1. Right down the pipe hit hard, but right at Reddick.

End 1

2-0 Astros

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2019, 06:42:27 pm »
This is my biggest fear about coming to Baltimore immediately after the Yankees hit 258 homers in a four-game series: that everybody will be trying to hit a 500-ft homer every AB.

Latest biggest fear. We’ll be ok.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2019, 06:42:58 pm »
Nunez up, low, ball 1. Fouls off a cutter.  Cutter in, 2-1. Right down the pipe hit hard, but right at Reddick.

End 1

2-0 Astros

Yuli takes one up and in, ball 1. Bundy at 31 pitches already. Strike one on the outside corner. Yuli pulls the hands in and lines one to left, but Peterson is right there. 1 outs.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2019, 06:44:17 pm »
Yuli takes one up and in, ball 1. Bundy at 31 pitches already. Strike one on the outside corner. Yuli pulls the hands in and lines one to left, but Peterson is right there. 1 outs.

Chirinos fouls off strike 1. Apparently JR Towles was actually at the ballpark for Yuli's 8 RBI game. Weird.

Chirinos smokes one down the 3B line, Alberto should've had it but clanked it, ball goes to the wall down the foul line. Chirinos on 2nd via an error.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2019, 06:45:47 pm »
Chirinos fouls off strike 1. Apparently JR Towles was actually at the ballpark for Yuli's 8 RBI game. Weird.

Chirinos smokes one down the 3B line, Alberto should've had it but clanked it, ball goes to the wall down the foul line. Chirinos on 2nd via an error.

Reddick takes ball one. Ball 2, inside. Swings ahead of an outside change up, 2-1. Reddick smokes one right at Alberto on a hop, 5-3. Chirinos wisely holds tight at 2nd. 1 out.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2019, 06:47:11 pm »
No reward but good to see Josh hit one hard to the left side.

PCOL2000

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2019, 06:47:27 pm »
Here and on the third baseline.  I’d gladly get another tz’er a beer.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2019, 06:47:41 pm »
This comment is late, but Correa has a cannon.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2019, 06:51:13 pm »
Reddick takes ball one. Ball 2, inside. Swings ahead of an outside change up, 2-1. Reddick smokes one right at Alberto on a hop, 5-3. Chirinos wisely holds tight at 2nd. 1 out.

Springer fouls off the pitch he struck out on his first at bat, 0-1. Way out, ball 1. Takes strike two, umpire said he swung, nevermind the fact it caught about 5 inches of the plate, 1-2. Chases a breaking ball out, but fouls it off. Fouls off a two seamer that was right down the pipe, still 1-2. 6 inches inside, horrible snatch frame, called a ball. Bundy was walking off the mound for some reason, 2-2. Springer gets a change up right down main street, fouls it off. He looks visibly frustrated with himself. Bundy at 46 pitches. Low and out, full count. Low change, fouled off. Still 3-2. 9 pitch AB so far. Slider above the zone, Springer lays off, takes a walk.

Chirinos on 2nd, Springer on first. 2 outs

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2019, 06:54:26 pm »
How did he miss that?

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2019, 06:54:33 pm »
Springer fouls off the pitch he struck out on his first at bat, 0-1. Way out, ball 1. Takes strike two, umpire said he swung, nevermind the fact it caught about 5 inches of the plate, 1-2. Chases a breaking ball out, but fouls it off. Fouls off a two seamer that was right down the pipe, still 1-2. 6 inches inside, horrible snatch frame, called a ball. Bundy was walking off the mound for some reason, 2-2. Springer gets a change up right down main street, fouls it off. He looks visibly frustrated with himself. Bundy at 46 pitches. Low and out, full count. Low change, fouled off. Still 3-2. 9 pitch AB so far. Slider above the zone, Springer lays off, takes a walk.

Chirinos on 2nd, Springer on first. 2 outs

Altuve takes a breaker right down the pipe, 0-1. Way inside, still framed for no reason at all, 1-1.  Ball up, pump fake to 2nd. Chirinos not that far off. 2-1 pitch Altuve waves through a fat, fat change up up in the zone, 2-2. Just gets a piece, still 2-2. 54 pitches for Bundy. Oriole outfield WAY swung to pull for Altuve. Huge alley in RCF. Altuve swings through a fastball in the zone but down. Clearly guessing breaking ball, he was a mile behind that pitch.

Mid 2

2-0 Astros.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2019, 06:55:05 pm »
This comment is late, but Correa has a cannon.

The ball leaves contrails when he slings it.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2019, 06:58:36 pm »
Altuve takes a breaker right down the pipe, 0-1. Way inside, still framed for no reason at all, 1-1.  Ball up, pump fake to 2nd. Chirinos not that far off. 2-1 pitch Altuve waves through a fat, fat change up up in the zone, 2-2. Just gets a piece, still 2-2. 54 pitches for Bundy. Oriole outfield WAY swung to pull for Altuve. Huge alley in RCF. Altuve swings through a fastball in the zone but down. Clearly guessing breaking ball, he was a mile behind that pitch.

Mid 2

2-0 Astros.

Bottom 2

Villar (hard to believe he was an Astro once upon a time) takes strike 1. Takes ball 1. Low, ball 2. Waves over a cutter, 1-2.  Just down, 2-2. Chopper down the 3B line, Breggers with a nice pick, gets him by a few steps at first.

1 out.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2019, 06:59:24 pm »
Bottom 2

Villar (hard to believe he was an Astro once upon a time) takes strike 1. Takes ball 1. Low, ball 2. Waves over a cutter, 1-2.  Just down, 2-2. Chopper down the 3B line, Breggers with a nice pick, gets him by a few steps at first.

1 out.

Severino swings over a big curve, strike one. Chopper back to the mound, Miley makes the play while hopping away from the ball, easy 1-3. 2 outs.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2019, 06:59:56 pm »
Great pickup by Bregman.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2019, 07:00:49 pm »
Severino swings over a big curve, strike one. Chopper back to the mound, Miley makes the play while hopping away from the ball, easy 1-3. 2 outs.

Wilkeson takes strike one. Curve, out. Swings at an inside cutter, 1-2. Swings over a bouncing breaking ball. Chirinos finishes off the 2-3 putout.

End 2.

2-0 Astros.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2019, 07:03:14 pm »
Wilkeson takes strike one. Curve, out. Swings at an inside cutter, 1-2. Swings over a bouncing breaking ball. Chirinos finishes off the 2-3 putout.

End 2.

2-0 Astros.

Brantley takes a curve, strike 1. Slashed the other way to the ball in left, easy double for Uncle Mike.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2019, 07:06:12 pm »
Brantley takes a curve, strike 1. Slashed the other way to the ball in left, easy double for Uncle Mike.

Bregman breaking ball low and out, 1-0. Takes a 91 MPH fastball right down the pipe, 1-1. Up and in, checked his swing, 2-1. Some dildo is chirping Brantley while he's on 2nd, just chanting "Miiiiikey." And the field mic is picking it up. Breaking ball at the bottom of the zone, 2-2. Gets a center cut fastball and drives it to center, Wilkerson cruises back and makes a one handed catch a step in front of the wall. Brantley moves up to 3rd easily.

1 out.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2019, 07:07:45 pm »
Bregman breaking ball low and out, 1-0. Takes a 91 MPH fastball right down the pipe, 1-1. Up and in, checked his swing, 2-1. Some dildo is chirping Brantley while he's on 2nd, just chanting "Miiiiikey." And the field mic is picking it up. Breaking ball at the bottom of the zone, 2-2. Gets a center cut fastball and drives it to center, Wilkerson cruises back and makes a one handed catch a step in front of the wall. Brantley moves up to 3rd easily.

1 out.

Air Yordan up, Orioles infield probably checking their life insurance policies with the infield in. Ball 1. Swings through a fastball, 1-1. Swings through an outside fastball, 1-2. Swings through a belt high fastball for strike 3. That was pretty fucking terrible.

2 outs.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2019, 07:07:58 pm »
Shit, that was a disappointing result from Yordan.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2019, 07:09:23 pm »
Crap, Yordan.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2019, 07:09:36 pm »
Air Yordan up, Orioles infield probably checking their life insurance policies with the infield in. Ball 1. Swings through a fastball, 1-1. Swings through an outside fastball, 1-2. Swings through a belt high fastball for strike 3. That was pretty fucking terrible.

2 outs.

Correa way inside, ball 1. 58 footer, Severino makes a great block to keep it in front of him, 2-0. Chopper to 3rd, Alberto bobbles it but Correa wasn't busting it at all down the line, easy 5-3 putout.

Runner on 3rd and 1 out and did dick with it. Wheee.

Mid 3.

2-0 Astros

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2019, 07:12:37 pm »
Correa way inside, ball 1. 58 footer, Severino makes a great block to keep it in front of him, 2-0. Chopper to 3rd, Alberto bobbles it but Correa wasn't busting it at all down the line, easy 5-3 putout.

Runner on 3rd and 1 out and did dick with it. Wheee.

Mid 3.

2-0 Astros

Bottom 3

Peterson takes strike 1, Ball 1, out. Ball 2, down. 2-1 fouled back. Ball in, 3-2. 2 hopper at Altuve, 4-3. 1 out.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2019, 07:13:19 pm »
Shit, that was a disappointing result from Yordan.

Yep, swung through three FBs.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2019, 07:14:02 pm »

I think Correa stumbled in the box, and that doomed him. Not that that makes me any more pleased with the result.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2019, 07:14:58 pm »
Bottom 3

Peterson takes strike 1, Ball 1, out. Ball 2, down. 2-1 fouled back. Ball in, 3-2. 2 hopper at Altuve, 4-3. 1 out.

Martin fouls one off his instep. Bottom of the zone cutter, 0-2.  Inside, ball 1. Bounced breaking ball, 2-2. Way up, 3-2. Come on Miley. Cutter grounded to Altuve, 4-3. 2 outs.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2019, 07:16:23 pm »
Martin fouls one off his instep. Bottom of the zone cutter, 0-2.  Inside, ball 1. Bounced breaking ball, 2-2. Way up, 3-2. Come on Miley. Cutter grounded to Altuve, 4-3. 2 outs.

Alberto fouls off a cutter. Swings through a meaty breaker, 0-2. Low and out, Alberto just slaps it back up the middle, single.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2019, 07:18:05 pm »
Alberto fouls off a cutter. Swings through a meaty breaker, 0-2. Low and out, Alberto just slaps it back up the middle, single.

Mancini takes ball 1, low. Bounces one in, 2-0. Not close, 3-0. Swings over a cutter at the knees, 3-1. Low and in, ball 4. Runners on 1st and 2nd. 2 outs.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2019, 07:19:55 pm »
Mancini takes ball 1, low. Bounces one in, 2-0. Not close, 3-0. Swings over a cutter at the knees, 3-1. Low and in, ball 4. Runners on 1st and 2nd. 2 outs.

San-tan-DARE up, takes a knee high cutter, 0-1. Wade at 54 pitches currently. Chases a cutter low and out, 0-2. Low, 1-2. Chases a pitch he couldn't hit with a canoe paddle up and in, ponche!

End 3

2-0 Astros

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2019, 07:21:02 pm »
Miley was pissed at Miley.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2019, 07:22:34 pm »
San-tan-DARE up, takes a knee high cutter, 0-1. Wade at 54 pitches currently. Chases a cutter low and out, 0-2. Low, 1-2. Chases a pitch he couldn't hit with a canoe paddle up and in, ponche!

End 3

2-0 Astros

La Pina flails at a slider a foot outside. Swings through a closer one, 0-2. And swings at the worst of the 3. Putrid AB right there. 1 out.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2019, 07:23:44 pm »
La Pina flails at a slider a foot outside. Swings through a closer one, 0-2. And swings at the worst of the 3. Putrid AB right there. 1 out.

Chirinos did he go? apparently yes he did, 0-1. Hard hit ball Alberto dives to his left and spears it, pops up and throws him out by a step and change. 2 outs.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2019, 07:25:46 pm »
Chirinos did he go? apparently yes he did, 0-1. Hard hit ball Alberto dives to his left and spears it, pops up and throws him out by a step and change. 2 outs.

Reddick takes a curve for a strike. Fouls off another curve, 0-2. Up, ball 1. Bounced, ball 2. Meaty fastball Reddick chops up the middle, bang bang play at first, Reddick just out.

Mid 4

2-0 Astros

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2019, 07:27:28 pm »
Reddick takes a curve for a strike. Fouls off another curve, 0-2. Up, ball 1. Bounced, ball 2. Meaty fastball Reddick chops up the middle, bang bang play at first, Reddick just out.

Mid 4

2-0 Astros

You know, when your Radio Show's commercials are fucking fucking horrible using the "highlights" of the show, it really makes me wonder how terrible the actual show must be. Looking at you Dan Patrick and Rich Eisen.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2019, 07:28:46 pm »
You know, when your Radio Show's commercials are fucking fucking horrible using the "highlights" of the show, it really makes me wonder how terrible the actual show must be. Looking at you Dan Patrick and Rich Eisen.

Nunez takes a big curve ball strike 1. Ball 1. Swings over a breaker, 1-2. Slashes a single up the middle on a pitch that got a lot of the plate.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2019, 07:30:03 pm »
Nunez takes a big curve ball strike 1. Ball 1. Swings over a breaker, 1-2. Slashes a single up the middle on a pitch that got a lot of the plate.

Villar gets a rough strike one on a pitch 3 inches under the zone. Fouls off a cutter, 0-2. PONCHE on a way inside cutter that Villar whiffed at. 1 out.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2019, 07:32:07 pm »
Villar gets a rough strike one on a pitch 3 inches under the zone. Fouls off a cutter, 0-2. PONCHE on a way inside cutter that Villar whiffed at. 1 out.

Severino fouls off a pitch accidentally that was way inside, 0-1. Way in, ball 1. Low and in, 2-1. Low, ball 3. Cutter down the pipe slapped right at Correa, 6-4-3. Pitcher's best friend ends the 4th.

2-0 Astros

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2019, 07:34:37 pm »
Severino fouls off a pitch accidentally that was way inside, 0-1. Way in, ball 1. Low and in, 2-1. Low, ball 3. Cutter down the pipe slapped right at Correa, 6-4-3. Pitcher's best friend ends the 4th.

2-0 Astros

Top 5

Springer fouls off a breaking ball for strike 1. Blistered down the LF line, Springer cruises in to 2nd with a leadoff double. Hey fellas, tack on some fucking insurance please!

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2019, 07:35:28 pm »
Top 5

Springer fouls off a breaking ball for strike 1. Blistered down the LF line, Springer cruises in to 2nd with a leadoff double. Hey fellas, tack on some fucking insurance please!

Springer's double came off the bat at 108 MPH.

Springer rips the first pitch right at Alberto, who knocks it down and throws out Altuve by a few steps. 1 out.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2019, 07:36:21 pm »

I have a hard time understanding shows like that stay on the air. I mean, even shitheads like Tucker Carlson and the like appeal to a large enough segment of the population that will tune in everyday to have their phobias and prejudices reinforced that I can understand how they stay in business. But who gets up in the morning and says "fuck yeah, I can't wait for Rich Eisen to come on"?

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2019, 07:36:49 pm »
Springer's double came off the bat at 108 MPH.

Springer rips the first pitch right at Alberto, who knocks it down and throws out Altuve by a few steps. 1 out.

Uncle Mike takes a fastball for a strike. Grounds one to Villar, 4-3. Springer to 3rd. This is feeling annoyingly familiar. 2 outs.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2019, 07:38:08 pm »
Fuck, the return of the Bregman pop-up.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2019, 07:38:30 pm »
Uncle Mike takes a fastball for a strike. Grounds one to Villar, 4-3. Springer to 3rd. This is feeling annoyingly familiar. 2 outs.

Bregman fouls off a curve ball, apparently someone made a sparkling play, as the crowd went bananas shortly after. 0-1, low and out. Meaty slider, Bregman pops it up in foul territory, 1B makes a nice play right at the tarp for the 3rd out.

Another inning of shitting away a leadoff double, nice work boys.

Mid 5

2-0 Astros

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2019, 07:39:29 pm »
I have a hard time understanding shows like that stay on the air. I mean, even shitheads like Tucker Carlson and the like appeal to a large enough segment of the population that will tune in everyday to have their phobias and prejudices reinforced that I can understand how they stay in business. But who gets up in the morning and says "fuck yeah, I can't wait for Rich Eisen to come on"?

Same for me. But then again I hear people talking all the time about listening to absolutely horrible local talk radio, so I guess there is a market for all of those shitty radio programs.

Apparently a large slice of America doesn't realize that the internet does radio shows now too.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2019, 07:40:03 pm »
Stop leaving runs on the basepaths!

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2019, 07:40:38 pm »
Bregman fouls off a curve ball, apparently someone made a sparkling play, as the crowd went bananas shortly after. 0-1, low and out. Meaty slider, Bregman pops it up in foul territory, 1B makes a nice play right at the tarp for the 3rd out.

Another inning of shitting away a leadoff double, nice work boys.

Mid 5

2-0 Astros

Bottom 5

Wilkerson takes a curve at the knees for strike 1. Way in, ball 1. Doinked pop to shallow left, Brantley comes in and makes the play. 1 out.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2019, 07:42:18 pm »
Bottom 5

Wilkerson takes a curve at the knees for strike 1. Way in, ball 1. Doinked pop to shallow left, Brantley comes in and makes the play. 1 out.

Peterson takes ball one, low. Swings over a cutter, 1-1. Low, ball 2. Cutter basically down the pipe driven deep to left center, and gone.

Sure glad the Astros have been dicking around since the first and not tacking on.

2-1 Astros

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2019, 07:42:53 pm »
Sure would have been nice for a solo homer *not* to cut the lead in half.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2019, 07:43:43 pm »
Peterson takes ball one, low. Swings over a cutter, 1-1. Low, ball 2. Cutter basically down the pipe driven deep to left center, and gone.

Sure glad the Astros have been dicking around since the first and not tacking on.

2-1 Astros

Martin squares to bunt the pulls back, ball 1. Fouled straight back, 1-1 low and in. 2-1 ripped back up the middle Miley snags it on the fly while trying desperately to get out of the way.

2 outs.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2019, 07:44:08 pm »
Martin squares to bunt the pulls back, ball 1. Fouled straight back, 1-1 low and in. 2-1 ripped back up the middle Miley snags it on the fly while trying desperately to get out of the way.

2 outs.

Alberto fists one in to center. Bloop single.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2019, 07:46:00 pm »
Alberto fists one in to center. Bloop single.

Mancini takes ball one low. Out, ball 2. Swings over a cutter, 2-1. Chopper foul down the 3b line, 2-2. Action in the Astros bully, Miley at 85 pitches. Devo whipping it out there. PONCHE on a swing through an outside corner cutter.

End 5

2-1 Astros

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2019, 07:46:30 pm »

You keep dicking around and not doing your job, and all of a sudden an accident can get you in trouble.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2019, 07:48:41 pm »
Mancini takes ball one low. Out, ball 2. Swings over a cutter, 2-1. Chopper foul down the 3b line, 2-2. Action in the Astros bully, Miley at 85 pitches. Devo whipping it out there. PONCHE on a swing through an outside corner cutter.

End 5

2-1 Astros

Top 6

Yordan takes a fastball right down the pipe. Swings at a pitch at his eyes. Fuck Yordan, stop fucking around. 0-2 Swings at a letter high fastball.

Another fucking garbage at bat.

1 out.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2019, 07:49:30 pm »
Uh, oh, kryptonite. One thing's for sure: Bundy has decided he's never going to throw another change-up to Yordan.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2019, 07:49:41 pm »
May be the 2 worst looking ABs we've seen from Alvarez.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2019, 07:51:29 pm »
Top 6

Yordan takes a fastball right down the pipe. Swings at a pitch at his eyes. Fuck Yordan, stop fucking around. 0-2 Swings at a letter high fastball.

Another fucking garbage at bat.

1 out.

Action in the Oriole pen. Correa takes ball one, just low and out. Strike one at the knees. 1-1 fouls back a 92 MPH cookie right down the pipe. 1-2 Low, ball 2. Fouled back, still 2-2. Just low, ball 3. That was a ballsy take. Pops up a high and in fastball, Martin comes flying back in to the infield dirt to make the catch after the wind does some weird stuff to the ball.

2 outs.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2019, 07:53:33 pm »
Action in the Oriole pen. Correa takes ball one, just low and out. Strike one at the knees. 1-1 fouls back a 92 MPH cookie right down the pipe. 1-2 Low, ball 2. Fouled back, still 2-2. Just low, ball 3. That was a ballsy take. Pops up a high and in fastball, Martin comes flying back in to the infield dirt to make the catch after the wind does some weird stuff to the ball.

2 outs.

Yuli takes a slider at the knees, strike one. Fastball that catches a lot of plate, but Sev had to lunge to catch it, ball 1. Outside, ball 2. Fouls back a fastball off the outside corner. Hit hard right at Alberto, just got him at first, 5-3.

Astros doing an excellent job not doing a fucking thing against a guy with a 5.5+ ERA. Fucking embarrassing.

Mid 6

2-1 Astros

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2019, 07:53:58 pm »
Uh, oh, kryptonite. One thing's for sure: Bundy has decided he's never going to throw another change-up to Yordan.

Swinging behind 92 MPH fastballs is not a good look.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2019, 07:55:23 pm »
Yuli takes a slider at the knees, strike one. Fastball that catches a lot of plate, but Sev had to lunge to catch it, ball 1. Outside, ball 2. Fouls back a fastball off the outside corner. Hit hard right at Alberto, just got him at first, 5-3.

Astros doing an excellent job not doing a fucking thing against a guy with a 5.5+ ERA. Fucking embarrassing.

Mid 6

2-1 Astros

San-tan-DAREEEEEE slaps a curve right at Bregman. Easy 5-3. 1 out.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2019, 07:56:56 pm »
Watch the follow thru, jackwagon.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2019, 07:57:30 pm »
San-tan-DAREEEEEE slaps a curve right at Bregman. Easy 5-3. 1 out.

Nunez swings wildly and catches Chirinos gets caught in the dome by the backswing. Robby appears to be okay. 0-1. Low and out, ball 1. Fouls off a low and in cutter. 1-2 count, Nunez dances away from a bouncer at his feet, 2-2. Bounced, 3-2. Doinked, Miley pounces and throws him out, 1-3. 2 outs.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2019, 07:59:40 pm »
Nunez swings wildly and catches Chirinos gets caught in the dome by the backswing. Robby appears to be okay. 0-1. Low and out, ball 1. Fouls off a low and in cutter. 1-2 count, Nunez dances away from a bouncer at his feet, 2-2. Bounced, 3-2. Doinked, Miley pounces and throws him out, 1-3. 2 outs.

Villar knee high FB, strike 1. Low and out, ball 1. Way out, 2-1. Outside corner (ish), strike 2. Villar did not like that call. Just low, ball 3. That pitch has been a ball and a strike tonight. Fouled off a knee high fb. Wade at 99 pitches. Off the outside corner, not close. Walk.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2019, 08:00:07 pm »
Villar knee high FB, strike 1. Low and out, ball 1. Way out, 2-1. Outside corner (ish), strike 2. Villar did not like that call. Just low, ball 3. That pitch has been a ball and a strike tonight. Fouled off a knee high fb. Wade at 99 pitches. Off the outside corner, not close. Walk.

Harris warming in the pen, and here comes AJ to get Wade.

Runner on 1st, 2 outs.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2019, 08:01:40 pm »
Freaking 2 out walk.

Wade's upset with himself.

I'm upset with 2 leadoff doubles that didn't dent the scoreboard. 

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2019, 08:06:14 pm »
Harris warming in the pen, and here comes AJ to get Wade.

Runner on 1st, 2 outs.

Bo Bichette makes MLB history today/yesterday, first guy to hit doubles in 9 consecutive games.

And here we go, Harris facing Severino with Villar on first, 2 outs. On the knees, strike 1. Held up on a low and away pitch, 1-1. Throw over, not close. Again. AND again. Fouled back. 1-2 bounces, Chirinos nice block. Villar stays put. 2-2 holds up on the swing, Villar is going, Chirinos throwing down, Altuve makes a great play on a high throw and tags Villar on the ass, he's out!

Through 6

2-1

Someone pick up PBP for a bit. I need to make some dinner.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2019, 08:06:27 pm »
Butt tag

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2019, 08:07:43 pm »
I liked Villar just fine as a player but from what I remember he was always doing stupid shit like that.
Y todo lo que sube baja
pregúntale a Pedro Navaja

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2019, 08:09:32 pm »
Top 7

Armstrong (RHP) pitching

Chirinos drops a single into right

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2019, 08:11:49 pm »
Reddick tries to drop a bunt on a 1-1 count but misses.   Fouls a FB, then swings thru another.

1 out.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2019, 08:15:48 pm »
Ball 4 George

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2019, 08:16:32 pm »
Springer misses a FB, takes a slider low/away, fouls a FB, and another,  and another,  takes a slider in the dirt that advances Chirinos to 2nd, takes a FB to bring the count full,  finally reaches for a slider away and rolls into a 4-3 forceout,  Chirinos to 3rd.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2019, 08:17:12 pm »
Ball 4 George

Failure to identify that as a slider.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2019, 08:18:59 pm »
Cannot believe he threw a FB

hostros7

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2019, 08:20:19 pm »
Easy stand up triple. Don’t see those on a standard gapper every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2019, 08:20:33 pm »
Altuve gets a 2-1 count, takes a FB for a strike,  then drives a similar but slightly platier (new word) FB ro the wall in the right power alley for an rbi triple.

3-1 Astros.

Pitching change.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2019, 08:22:03 pm »
Cannot believe he threw a FB

He set up the same slider he fooled George with perfectly.

Instead he put that FB over more of the plate.

Really bad selection/ location.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2019, 08:23:17 pm »
He set up the same slider he fooled George with perfectly.

Instead he put that FB over more of the plate.

Really bad selection/ location.

Would have bet a lot on slider

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2019, 08:24:13 pm »
Fry (LHP) pitches to Brantley.

Uncle Mike Ks swinging.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2019, 08:27:05 pm »
Alright, I'm back!

Way to get us a run Big D!

Joe Smith in to pitch the bottom of the 7th for the Astros.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2019, 08:28:42 pm »
Alright, I'm back!

Way to get us a run Big D!

Joe Smith in to pitch the bottom of the 7th for the Astros.

Bottom 7

Severino takes a fastball on the outside corner at the knees, 0-1. Outside corner, 0-2. Severino bitching at the umpire. Way in, ball 1. Waves at a slider, ponche!

1 out.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2019, 08:30:15 pm »
Bottom 7

Severino takes a fastball on the outside corner at the knees, 0-1. Outside corner, 0-2. Severino bitching at the umpire. Way in, ball 1. Waves at a slider, ponche!

1 out.

Wilkerson takes two balls, 2-0 smokes on to right center, gone.

Gave up a home run to the fucking 8 hole hitter on a fucking cookie. Right down the fucking pipe.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2019, 08:30:22 pm »
Dammit.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2019, 08:30:50 pm »
Wilkerson takes two balls, 2-0 smokes on to right center, gone.

Gave up a home run to the fucking 8 hole hitter on a fucking cookie. Right down the fucking pipe.

Peterson takes ball 1. Grounded to Yuli, flips it 3-1.

2 outs

Tom Servo

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2019, 08:31:13 pm »
Don't get too happy, Wilkerson.  You play for the fucking Orioles.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2019, 08:32:41 pm »
Peterson takes ball 1. Grounded to Yuli, flips it 3-1.

2 outs

PH for Martin is Chris Davis. Waves through a high fastball, strike 1. Up, ball 1. Slider on the outside corner, (actually off the outside corner), strike 2. Waves at a 2 seam fastball off the plate, PONCHE!

End 7

3-2 Astros

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2019, 08:35:51 pm »
PH for Martin is Chris Davis. Waves through a high fastball, strike 1. Up, ball 1. Slider on the outside corner, (actually off the outside corner), strike 2. Waves at a 2 seam fastball off the plate, PONCHE!

End 7

3-2 Astros

The dodging bobblehead might be the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Fry still pitching. Davis to first base, and everyone else moved positions except for Wilkenson and Severino. Bregman fouls off a change up, takes ball one out. 1-1 Swings at a ball way inside and hits it a mile up, F7. Bregman looks like shit tonight.

1 out

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2019, 08:37:25 pm »
The dodging bobblehead might be the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Fry still pitching. Davis to first base, and everyone else moved positions except for Wilkenson and Severino. Bregman fouls off a change up, takes ball one out. 1-1 Swings at a ball way inside and hits it a mile up, F7. Bregman looks like shit tonight.

1 out

Alvarez takes a ball low and out. Bounced, ball 2. Alvarez hits a deep fly to left, but Santander hauls it in a step in front of the wall. That was a fucking cookie, too.

2 outs.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2019, 08:37:52 pm »
Bregman hit one ball solidly tonight.

But the last 2 . . . 

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2019, 08:38:01 pm »
Alvarez takes a ball low and out. Bounced, ball 2. Alvarez hits a deep fly to left, but Santander hauls it in a step in front of the wall. That was a fucking cookie, too.

2 outs.

Fry is done for the day. O's going to the bullpen again.

hostros7

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2019, 08:38:48 pm »
The left fielder’s footwork suggested he thought he was going to have to jump at the wall; I wonder if the wind shifted or something.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2019, 08:39:09 pm »

His deep fly would have looked good with the runner he stranded at third.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2019, 08:41:13 pm »

Miguel Castro on to pitch. 4.94 ERA, throws around 97.

I can totally see the Astros losing this game in the 9th tonight.

Correa up with nobody on and 2 outs. 98 on the outside corner, strike 1. Fouls off a cookie. 0-2. Takes a slider on the inner 3rd. What the fuck were you waiting for, Carlos? Jesus Fucking Christ. That was awful.

Mid 8

3-2 Astros

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2019, 08:43:03 pm »
The left fielder’s footwork suggested he thought he was going to have to jump at the wall; I wonder if the wind shifted or something.

The wind apparently is blowing in. The SS showed that a couple of innings ago.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2019, 08:43:42 pm »
Miguel Castro on to pitch. 4.94 ERA, throws around 97.

I can totally see the Astros losing this game in the 9th tonight.

Correa up with nobody on and 2 outs. 98 on the outside corner, strike 1. Fouls off a cookie. 0-2. Takes a slider on the inner 3rd. What the fuck were you waiting for, Carlos? Jesus Fucking Christ. That was awful.

Mid 8

3-2 Astros

Bottom 8

Pressly on for his first outing since coming back from the IL (earlier today). He'll face Alberto. Liner to left, easy play for Brantley.

1 out.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2019, 08:44:01 pm »
The wind apparently is blowing in. The SS showed that a couple of innings ago.

He was increasing his step count.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2019, 08:44:32 pm »
Holy crap.  We got Alberto out.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2019, 08:45:39 pm »
Bottom 8

Pressly on for his first outing since coming back from the IL (earlier today). He'll face Alberto. Liner to left, easy play for Brantley.

1 out.

Mancini low, ball 1. Low again, ball 2. Don't dick around please, Ryan.  Fouled off an up and in fastball. 2-1. Low, 3-1. Bounced, fuck. Walk.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 09, 2019, 08:46:44 pm »
Unwelcome walk.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 09, 2019, 08:47:09 pm »
Pressly understandably a little rusty, but this is making me more nervous than I hoped would be the case tonight.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 09, 2019, 08:47:46 pm »
Why the fastball after making the guy look stupid on two curves?

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 09, 2019, 08:47:52 pm »
Mancini low, ball 1. Low again, ball 2. Don't dick around please, Ryan.  Fouled off an up and in fastball. 2-1. Low, 3-1. Bounced, fuck. Walk.

Pucker time, boys.

Santan-DAEYAERE takes ball 1. fouls back a breaker, 1-1. Swings over a slider, 1-2. SMASH single to right on a elevated fastball. Lucky that wasn't elevated. Belt high meatball.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 09, 2019, 08:48:25 pm »
Why the fastball after making the guy look stupid on two curves?

Completely missed his spot.

Was supposed to be eye high.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 09, 2019, 08:50:06 pm »
Pucker time, boys.

Santan-DAEYAERE takes ball 1. fouls back a breaker, 1-1. Swings over a slider, 1-2. SMASH single to right on a elevated fastball. Lucky that wasn't elevated. Belt high meatball.

Nunez takes ball 1. Outside corner breaker, 1-1. Low, ball 2. Chases a breaker outside, 2-2. Chases another breaker, ponche!

2 outs.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 09, 2019, 08:53:43 pm »
Nunez takes ball 1. Outside corner breaker, 1-1. Low, ball 2. Chases a breaker outside, 2-2. Chases another breaker, ponche!

2 outs.

Villar takes low, ball 1. Low again, Chirinos great block to keep it in front of him, 2-0. Swings over a breaker, 2-1. Swings over a slider, 2-2. Low, ball 3. GOT 'EM! HIGH SLIDER PONCHE!

END 8

3-2 Astros

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 09, 2019, 08:54:08 pm »
Boy, he got away with one.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 09, 2019, 08:54:31 pm »
Pressly just had to shake the rust off his filth dispenser.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 09, 2019, 08:54:39 pm »
Man, as that thing was bending in there I was thinking "this is either going to be great or it's going to be disastrous".

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 09, 2019, 08:55:32 pm »
Come on, Osuna.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 09, 2019, 08:56:16 pm »
Villar takes low, ball 1. Low again, Chirinos great block to keep it in front of him, 2-0. Swings over a breaker, 2-1. Swings over a slider, 2-2. Low, ball 3. GOT 'EM! HIGH SLIDER PONCHE!

END 8

3-2 Astros

Yuli leads off against Castro, who is still in the game. Slashed up the middle, Villar cuts it off and throws him out by half a step.

1 out.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 09, 2019, 08:58:41 pm »
Yuli leads off against Castro, who is still in the game. Slashed up the middle, Villar cuts it off and throws him out by half a step.

1 out.

Chirinos ball one, out. Fouled back, 1-1. Osuna warming in the pen. Up and in, 2-1.  Ball 3. Outside corner fastball, strike 2, 3-2. Ripped to left field, base knock!

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: August 09, 2019, 08:59:06 pm »
Good job by the left fielder. I thought that was going to be a double.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 09, 2019, 09:00:43 pm »
When was Reddick’s last homer?

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: August 09, 2019, 09:00:57 pm »
Chirinos ball one, out. Fouled back, 1-1. Osuna warming in the pen. Up and in, 2-1.  Ball 3. Outside corner fastball, strike 2, 3-2. Ripped to left field, base knock!

Reddick (COME ON JOSH!) low, ball 1.Swings at a 2 seamer off the plate, 1-1.  Holds up on a low and in breaker, 2-1. Way in, ball 3!  Low and in, ball 4!

1st and 2nd, 1 out.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 09, 2019, 09:01:54 pm »
Time for George to show off those MVP chops again.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 09, 2019, 09:03:15 pm »
Not what we were looking for.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: August 09, 2019, 09:03:58 pm »
Reddick (COME ON JOSH!) low, ball 1.Swings at a 2 seamer off the plate, 1-1.  Holds up on a low and in breaker, 2-1. Way in, ball 3!  Low and in, ball 4!

1st and 2nd, 1 out.

Is that Doug Brocail coming out of the Orioles dugout? Mound visit!

Now Springer low and out, ball 1. Topped to short on an absolutely terrible pitch to swing at 1-0, 6-4-3.

AJ requesting a review at 1st.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: August 09, 2019, 09:04:55 pm »
Is that Doug Brocail coming out of the Orioles dugout? Mound visit!

Now Springer low and out, ball 1. Topped to short on an absolutely terrible pitch to swing at 1-0, 6-4-3.

AJ requesting a review at 1st.

Looks out to me, but it was pretty close.

Call confirmed.

Off to the bottom of the 9th.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2019, 09:04:57 pm »
Out by literally less than an inch.

Osuna time.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 09, 2019, 09:05:16 pm »
Perfect cap to Astros offensive night thru 9.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: August 09, 2019, 09:06:25 pm »
No margin for error tonight. I hope Osuna is on top of things.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 09, 2019, 09:08:01 pm »
Looks out to me, but it was pretty close.

Call confirmed.

Off to the bottom of the 9th.

Osuna on for the save.

Severino quick pitch strike 1. Check swing on a breaker, he went says the 1B ump. Swings over a breaker, ponche!

1 out.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 09, 2019, 09:09:15 pm »
Jesus, Walton's attempt at a first pitch last night was better than that.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 09, 2019, 09:09:56 pm »
Osuna on for the save.

Severino quick pitch strike 1. Check swing on a breaker, he went says the 1B ump. Swings over a breaker, ponche!

1 out.

Wilkerson swings through a change. Bounces and hit Lance Barrett. That ball hit the grass in front of the dirt. How does that even happen? 1-1. Low, 2-1. Chopped a fastball up the middle, Correa is there in the shift, 6-3.

2 outs.

Tom Servo

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 09, 2019, 09:10:01 pm »
When was Reddick’s last homer?

June 28th

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2019, 09:10:55 pm »

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 09, 2019, 09:11:34 pm »
Trump can criticize Baltimore all he wants but a few minutes ago they were playing the Pixies in the stadium. In Necktown all you get is Clint Black and Pac-Man Fever.
Y todo lo que sube baja
pregúntale a Pedro Navaja

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2019, 09:13:47 pm »
Wilkerson swings through a change. Bounces and hit Lance Barrett. That ball hit the grass in front of the dirt. How does that even happen? 1-1. Low, 2-1. Chopped a fastball up the middle, Correa is there in the shift, 6-3.

2 outs.

Peterson low, ball 1. Slider on the knees, 1-1. Low, ball 2.  Riding fastball up, ball 3. Chris Davis looms in the on deck circle. Pumps 97 down the pipe, 3-2. Just a touch on a 97 mph fastball at the knees, still 3-2. Took something off, a 92 MPH fastball up, fouled off. Slapped in to left for a single.

Buckle up, folks.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 09, 2019, 09:15:52 pm »
Peterson low, ball 1. Slider on the knees, 1-1. Low, ball 2.  Riding fastball up, ball 3. Chris Davis looms in the on deck circle. Pumps 97 down the pipe, 3-2. Just a touch on a 97 mph fastball at the knees, still 3-2. Took something off, a 92 MPH fastball up, fouled off. Slapped in to left for a single.

Buckle up, folks.

Chirinos out to chat with Osuna.  Astros in a massive shift to the pull side. Here we go. fastball just inside, ball 1. Same pitch, more inside. 2-0. Fucking christ, come on Osuna.  Ripped to right field RIGHT AT Altuve in shallow right. Go Go Shift!

Astros win, 3-2!

Tom Servo

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 09, 2019, 09:15:53 pm »
I love the shift.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2019, 09:15:54 pm »
Exhale.

hostros7

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 09, 2019, 09:16:01 pm »
An immaculate shifting

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 09, 2019, 09:16:27 pm »
Let's never speak of this again.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 09, 2019, 09:17:24 pm »
When Davis hit that I was already running through the options of whether the runner's heading to third, who's up next, etc. And next thing I knew, Altuve materialized in front of the ball.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 09, 2019, 09:18:06 pm »
Whew

Tom Servo

• View Profile
« Reply #150 on: August 09, 2019, 09:22:50 pm »
Just to add to the Reddick question:  .205 average with a .256 SLG% in July.  So far his overall numbers are worse in August.

I saw this on MLB.com by Jim Callis in an article about prospects that could help contenders down the stretch:

1. Kyle Tucker, OF, Astros (HOU No. 1, MLB No. 13)

The Zack Greinke trade made the Astros the favorites to win the World Series and they were able to swing the deal without trading their top prospect, who's chasing a 30-30 season in Triple-A after consecutive 20-20 years. Houston could enhance its chances by playing Tucker in right field over Josh Reddick, who continues to trend downward.

Not sure I agree with that, but interesting.  I think Josh will get it going soon, and I'd rather have his experience for any postseason play we might see.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 09, 2019, 09:25:18 pm »
Just to add to the Reddick question:  .205 average with a .256 SLG% in July.  So far his overall numbers are worse in August.

I saw this on MLB.com by Jim Callis in an article about prospects that could help contenders down the stretch:

Not sure I agree with that, but interesting.  I think Josh will get it going soon, and I'd rather have his experience for any postseason play we might see.

I saw that also and disagree strongly.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 09, 2019, 09:48:07 pm »
Tucker wil get his time in September.

Then he can try to make the big club in ST.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 09, 2019, 09:51:11 pm »
I saw that also and disagree strongly.

There is no way I want Tucker's defense in RF instead of Reddick's, regardless of how Reddick is hitting.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 09, 2019, 09:53:43 pm »
There is no way I want Tucker's defense in RF instead of Reddick's, regardless of how Reddick is hitting.

Totally agree. He is too experienced and too good on defense to remove for a rookie.

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 09, 2019, 10:20:29 pm »
I have wondered what the brain trust sees in Tucker that eyes here do not.  Then they parlay Fisher into 3 players and I have to think their wheels are spinning with so much more info than we can imagine.  I am left with the thought that i should just accept there is a plan with a high likelihood of success, whatever the plan is.
Goin' for a bus ride.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 09, 2019, 10:24:17 pm »
I have wondered what the brain trust sees in Tucker that eyes here do not.  Then they parlay Fisher into 3 players and I have to think their wheels are spinning with so much more info than we can imagine.  I am left with the thought that i should just accept there is a plan with a high likelihood of success, whatever the plan is.

Seems obvious Tucker will replace Reddick next year. Whether that will be successful is 50-50, I think.

Navin R Johnson

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 10, 2019, 12:21:47 am »
Feels like it’s time for a Jake/Reddick platoon. 
There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 10, 2019, 08:08:21 am »

It is pretty close to that now, but I don’t think Jake is hitting much either.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 10, 2019, 08:38:22 am »
It is pretty close to that now, but I don’t think Jake is hitting much either.

Jake hit .194 in 15 games in July.

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 10, 2019, 09:28:16 am »

I've been wondering whether one of them will be dealt this winter.  Both are free agents after 2020.
Goin' for a bus ride.