Author Topic: Astros @ Rangers, July 13, 2019  (Read 658 times)

Snuffy

• Veteran Role Player
  • Watch him "motate" down the line!
    • View Profile
Re: Astros @ Rangers, July 13, 2019
« Reply #160 on: July 14, 2019, 08:03:02 am »
Whew indeed.

Now gotta let the butterflies settle before I can sleep.

It felt like it took a few seconds after Marisnick's catch for the players - and us fans - to believe it was actually the 3rd out (= game won!!!).
Nothing worthwhile comes without pain, ask any Astros fan.

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #161 on: July 14, 2019, 08:26:52 am »
Gifted 2 runs, solo homers for 3 runs and Osuna near meltdown for the last run

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Oh, come on. You denigrate solo home runs? I hate the Rangers as much as anyone but calling them a bad team is ridiculous. They have a potent, powerful lineup, and they earned the 9-8 win when quitting would have been easy. Osuna was a million miles away from a “meltdown.” Hinch respects their hitters’ approach; most will not chase, and they hit the ball hard. So should you.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #162 on: July 14, 2019, 08:30:01 am »
These Rangers are not nearly as bad as everyone thought they'd be.

Their team offense numbers are at the top of the league.  They're not as good on the road,  and their pitching depth is poor. 

But as HH pointed out, they've got power upand down their lineup,  and Choo/Andrus are both tough outs who set the table for Gallo.

In other years with a more competitive league,  they'd be closer to or just below .500.   But they've got a sluggers chance in every game.

This. Getting through the lineup unscathed is no joke.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
  • art is a bulwark against the irrationality of man
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 14, 2019, 11:30:23 am »
The Rangers are playing well, much better than last year when they had that cocksucker Banny spreading his negativity like a plague upon the clubhouse. They lost from their line-up last year Chirinos (replaced by Mathis and Federovitch) and Beltre (Cabrera and Forsythe).
And my sins are so unoriginal, I have all the self-loathing of a wolf in sheep's clothing. In this carnival of carnivores, Heaven help me.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
  • The goddamn Germans ain't got nothin to do with it
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 15, 2019, 09:31:36 pm »
These Rangers are not nearly as bad as everyone thought they'd be.

Their team offense numbers are at the top of the league.  They're not as good on the road,  and their pitching depth is poor. 

But as HH pointed out, they've got power upand down their lineup,  and Choo/Andrus are both tough outs who set the table for Gallo.

In other years with a more competitive league,  they'd be closer to or just below .500.   But they've got a sluggers chance in every game.

They play in a shitty bandbox that is a wind tunnel. They put up a bunch of screen to combat the wind, but a tornado blew through a month ago and tore a bunch up and the lazy Southern Oklamhoma Fucks haven't fixed them yet. Coors at sea level.
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das