Author Topic: Texans 2019  (Read 9530 times)

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N
    • View Profile
Re: Texans 2019
« Reply #240 on: November 22, 2019, 02:01:42 pm »
Not really. I doubt they make any more money.

TNF
"You want me broken. You want me dead.
I'm living rent-free in the back of your head."

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 22, 2019, 02:15:58 pm »
TNF

Well shows what I know. I thought they were still on NFL Network. Primetime games still suck as a fan though, Thursday night being the worst.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 22, 2019, 02:23:28 pm »
Well shows what I know. I thought they were still on NFL Network. Primetime games still suck as a fan though, Thursday night being the worst.

I agree...night games period.

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Double Super Secret Pope
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 22, 2019, 02:35:37 pm »

I thought it was a fairly well accepted model that the NFL makes all decisions by in part filtering them through the affect on TV$.
Goin' for a bus ride.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 22, 2019, 02:50:33 pm »
I thought it was a fairly well accepted model that the NFL makes all decisions by in part filtering them through the affect on TV$.

But until now TNF had been shown on their own dime. No network was paying them for it.  They were making more money showing Sunday games than Thursday games. I guess that’s all changed now though.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 22, 2019, 03:45:10 pm »
But until now TNF had been shown on their own dime. No network was paying them for it.  They were making more money showing Sunday games than Thursday games. I guess that’s all changed now though.

They've partnered with one or more of the networks to put on the Thursday games since 2014. They still show them on the NFL Network but they're also shown on the network that has the rights. For a few years it was split between NBC and CBS but now it's Fox exclusively.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 22, 2019, 03:52:07 pm »
They've partnered with one or more of the networks to put on the Thursday games since 2014. They still show them on the NFL Network but they're also shown on the network that has the rights. For a few years it was split between NBC and CBS but now it's Fox exclusively.

Wait..what year is it?

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 22, 2019, 03:55:42 pm »

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 01, 2019, 07:31:06 pm »
It’s going to be yet another long night of watching Edelman being inexplicably wide open over the middle just beyond the gain line. 
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 01, 2019, 10:40:04 pm »
That was unexpected. 

Makes a big difference in this division. 
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Waldo

• Administrator
  • Pope
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ashrubbery.com/
« Reply #250 on: December 02, 2019, 06:49:40 am »
That was unexpected. 

Makes a big difference in this division.

Limey, maybe you missed the announcement in the TZ, but we launched a new forum a few days ago and it looks like most have started posting over there already.  https://forums.orangewhoopass.com