Author Topic: NCAA Div. I Baseball Tournament  (Read 4601 times)

Texifornia

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
Re: NCAA Div. I Baseball Tournament
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2019, 12:39:57 am »
Day one is in the books and the story is the dominance of #3 seeds. Number 3 seeds play number 2 seeds in the first round of the regionals. With two close seeds playing in 16 games, one should expect some upsets, perhaps as many as six or seven; but, this year we had at least twelve #3s beating #2s with one rain-delayed game completing tomorrow morning. Oregon State is the only #1 seed to be upset as the defending National Champs were beaten by #4 Cincinnati 7-6.

Big XII went 3-1 today with #2 Baylor being the only one sent to the loser's bracket as they were defeated by #3 Loyola Marymount 3-1. #1 Texas Tech beat #4 Army 11-2, #3 TCU beat #2 Cal 13-2, and #1 WVU beat #4 Fordham 6-2.

Tomorrow, Baylor plays an elimination game against Omaha. Texas Tech plays Dallas Baptist, TCU plays Arkansas, and West Virginia plays Duke in winner's bracket games. Sixteen teams go home tomorrow as the field will narrow to 48 teams.
He breezed him, one more time!

Duman

• Contributor
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2019, 06:51:27 am »
SEC went 7-3 None of the wins were close.  Only Tennessee wasn't competitive in the loss
Always ready to go to a game.

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Double Super Secret Pope
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2019, 05:49:46 pm »
Day one is in the books and the story is the dominance of #3 seeds. Number 3 seeds play number 2 seeds in the first round of the regionals. With two close seeds playing in 16 games, one should expect some upsets, perhaps as many as six or seven; but, this year we had at least twelve #3s beating #2s with one rain-delayed game completing tomorrow morning. Oregon State is the only #1 seed to be upset as the defending National Champs were beaten by #4 Cincinnati 7-6.

Big XII went 3-1 today with #2 Baylor being the only one sent to the loser's bracket as they were defeated by #3 Loyola Marymount 3-1. #1 Texas Tech beat #4 Army 11-2, #3 TCU beat #2 Cal 13-2, and #1 WVU beat #4 Fordham 6-2.

Tomorrow, Baylor plays an elimination game against Omaha. Texas Tech plays Dallas Baptist, TCU plays Arkansas, and West Virginia plays Duke in winner's bracket games. Sixteen teams go home tomorrow as the field will narrow to 48 teams.

You forgot Oklahoma State.
Goin' for a bus ride.

Texifornia

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2019, 08:43:45 pm »
You forgot Oklahoma State.
Oops! They beat Harvard in the first round and face Nebraska starting right about now...

Texifornia

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2019, 12:47:56 am »
The Big XII went 3-2 today:

Baylor released the kraken, and the hounds, and the bears, and the bats, and the cats, and the elephants, and everything. They released everything on poor lil' Omaha 24-6, leaving the Mavericks to journey home without a solitary hap. Baylor will, improbably, play #1 overall seed UCLA tomorrow morning in another elimination game with the winner playing LMU.

The Red Raiders slipped by a very good Dallas Baptist team 3-1. They will play the winner of the Dallas Baptist vs. Florida game tomorrow.

TCU lost to Arkansas 3-1 in a hard-fought game. The Frogs will play Central Connecticut tomorrow for the chance to play Arkansas again.

The West Virginia Mountaineers stumbled against Duke 4-0. WVU couldn't overcome early controversy to get to Duke pitching. They will play Texas A&M tomorrow morning for another chance at the Blue Devils.

The Oklahoma State Cowboys came from behind with four runs in the ninth to beat Nebraska 6-5. They will play the winner of the U. Conn vs Nebraska game tomorrow.

The Red Raiders and Cowboys are headed for a super-regional battle royal if they can each win one more. The rest of the Big XII will have to slog it out through the loser's bracket to get to the supers.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 04:13:28 am by Texifornia »

Duman

• Contributor
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2019, 03:00:43 pm »
This is turning into a great tournament, as good as March madness with the upsets.  Gotta love the Campbell Fighting Camels and the Quinnepiac Bobcats facing off in the winners bracket while NC State is eliminated and #1 seed East Carolina has to come out of the losers bracket and beat the winner twice. 

And a two out, three run walk off bomb by the kid who made a big error earlier in the game and last year had a ball pop out of his glove to give FLA a walk off in the super regional is better than any three pointer at the buzzer.

Texifornia

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2019, 03:14:42 pm »
It's Whack Sunday at the Tournament. Every game except one that will be played today will be an elimination game for at least one team.

First, a correction: Texas Tech beat Dallas Baptist 3-2 yesterday. BTW DBU just took a 3-2 lead against Florida in the top of the fourth.

UConn is crushing Nebraska. The 'Huskers had their hearts ripped out by Oklahoma State last night and have none for the game today. UConn now leads 16-1 and they are still batting in the ninth. 

Texifornia

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2019, 03:32:40 pm »
UConn completed their rout of Nebraska and will rest up for their game with Oklahoma State later. It will be an elimination game for the Huskies.

Dallas Baptist are feasting on crappy Gator pitching and are still in the top of the fourth now with a 9-2 lead.

Elsewhere: West Virginia leads Texas A&M 7-1 in the top of the 7th in an elimination game for both teams.

UCLA leads Baylor 6-4 in the top of the 5th. TCU leads Central Connecticut State 4-3 in the top of the 4th

Duman

• Contributor
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2019, 05:15:16 pm »
UConn completed their rout of Nebraska and will rest up for their game with Oklahoma State later. It will be an elimination game for the Huskies.

Dallas Baptist are feasting on crappy Gator pitching and are still in the top of the fourth now with a 9-2 lead.

Elsewhere: West Virginia leads Texas A&M 7-1 in the top of the 7th in an elimination game for both teams.

UCLA leads Baylor 6-4 in the top of the 5th. TCU leads Central Connecticut State 4-3 in the top of the 4th

So the Walk Off Grand Slam by A&M might have outdone the 3 run bomb by Auburn.

Texifornia

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2019, 07:26:15 pm »
So the Walk Off Grand Slam by A&M might have outdone the 3 run bomb by Auburn.
Wow! That's why I love this tournament.

Texifornia

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2019, 07:36:04 pm »
So Texas A&M walks it off against West Virginia with a grand slam. Final TAMU 11, WVU 10.

Dallas Baptist scores nine runs in the fourth inning and holds on against Florida 9-8.

TCU beats Cent. Conn. State 9-5 and Baylor loses to UCLA 11-6.

Games now underway:
Texas Tech 3, DBU 0 in the top of the fifth.
U Conn leads Oklahoma State 3-2 in the bottom of the seventh.
Duke leads Texas A&M 4-1 in the bottom of the third.

Texifornia

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2019, 08:17:20 pm »
Connecticut beats Oklahoma State 5-2. They will play tomorrow in one game for the regional title.

Texifornia

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2019, 09:08:50 pm »
The Red Raiders of Texas Tech have shutout the Dallas Baptist Patriots 3-0. A Cam Warren three run jack in the first was all the offense. Tech will wait to see who comes to town for the Super-Regional best two out of three series. The winner of tomorrow's UConn vs OSU game in OKC will come to Lubbock.

Texifornia

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2019, 09:21:35 pm »
Texas A&M had no more magic left in the bag today as they fall to the Duke Blue Devils 4-1. Duke advances to the super-regional.

Duman

• Contributor
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2019, 10:11:19 pm »
War Eagle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texifornia

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2019, 11:40:13 pm »
TCU is eliminated by Arkansas 6-0.

Texifornia

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2019, 12:49:43 am »
After Sunday's games, ten of the sixteen regional championships have been decided:

Texas Tech swept the Lubbock regional 3-0. The Red Raiders will host either Oklahoma State or UConn in the super-regional. Those two play a decisive game Monday in OKC.

Arkansas won their regional and will host Ole Miss who won their regional. This will be an all SEC super-regional in a battle of national seeds: #5 Arkansas and #12 Ole Miss.

Overall #13 seed LSU won their regional and will host Florida State who was the upset winner as a regional #3 seed.

Overall #2 seed Vanderbilt swept their regional as expected and will play the surprise winner of the Morgantown regional, Duke.

#6 overall seed Mississippi State won their regional and will host the winner of the Stanford vs Fresno State game tomorrow.

North Carolina won their regional and will host Auburn, who defeated #3 overall seed Georgia Tech to win the Atlanta regional.

UCLA will play Loyola Marymount University tomorrow in a decisive game for the Los Angeles regional. The winner of this game will play the winner of Creighton vs. Michigan  tomorrow. As an overall #1 seed, UCLA will host the super-regional if they win.

Louisville will play Illinois State in a decisive game. East Carolina will continue their rain delayed regional with a game against the Campbell Camels. If East Carolina beats the Campbell Camels, they will play again in a decisive game. The winner between ECU and the Campbell Camels will play the winner of the Louisville vs Illinois State game.

Also: it's fun to say Campbell Camels really fast.

jbm

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2019, 02:31:27 pm »
Illinois State fighting til the last out.

jbm

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2019, 02:59:39 pm »
ISU tied it up in the top 9, but gave up a 2 out hit in the bottom 9 to lose 4-3.  Entertaining.

Texifornia

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2019, 04:57:54 pm »
ISU tied it up in the top 9, but gave up a 2 out hit in the bottom 9 to lose 4-3.  Entertaining.
Illinois State put up quite a fight, but Louisville came back through the loser's bracket to win their regional. They will play the winner of the second game today between the East Carolina Pirates and the Campbell Camels. ECU won the first game 10-3 which forced the decisive game.