Author Topic: 5G in Houston  (Read 1866 times)

Limey

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
5G in Houston
« on: October 02, 2018, 12:45:35 pm »
We're one of the first 4 cities to get Verizon's 5G service.  Anyone got it?  Thinking of getting it?  Is it any good?
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Navin R Johnson

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
Re: 5G in Houston
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 02:14:18 pm »
Where is it available? I tried 3 addresses heights, downtown and memorial city area, none are available
There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2018, 02:41:12 pm »
Where is it available? I tried 3 addresses heights, downtown and memorial city area, none are available

Not in Montrose either.  I have started to see where news articles now say Dallas is the 4th city, not Houston.  WTF?  All I know is that Verizon came along and dug up two sections of my previously pristine outside grass, and then did a shitty job of putting it back together.  The least they can do is give me some frikkin' fast wifi.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
  • art is a bulwark against the irrationality of man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2018, 05:41:27 pm »
Not in Montrose either.  I have started to see where news articles now say Dallas is the 4th city, not Houston.  WTF?  All I know is that Verizon came along and dug up two sections of my previously pristine outside grass, and then did a shitty job of putting it back together.  The least they can do is give me some frikkin' fast wifi.
5G is a wireless technology. Relays are aerial. WTF were they digging in your yard for? Maybe burying fiber?
Everyone's talking, few of them know
The rest are pretending, they put on a show
And if there's a message I guess this is it
Truth isn't easy, the easy part's shit

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2018, 06:36:40 pm »
5G is a wireless technology. Relays are aerial. WTF were they digging in your yard for? Maybe burying fiber?

Yes.  Burying the fibre that runs between the nodes.