Author Topic: Some Notes  (Read 1169 times)

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
Some Notes
« on: September 23, 2018, 11:11:58 am »
For the second time in a little over a week the Astros won on just two extra-base hits. That's crazy.

Last nights' 9-run 8th was the clubs' biggest inning this season.

Altuve has 12 3+ hit games this season.
Altuve 4-hit games: 4
 Altuve 3-hit games: 8
 Altuve 2-hit games: 32
 Altuve 1-hit games: 58
 Altuve 0-hit games: 29

Gurriel has an 8-game hitting streak in which he's hitting .438/.471/.719 with consecutive 3-hit games.

Myles Straw now has 71 SBs this season between AA, AAA and ML. Stole his first ML bag last nite.

Hector Rondon's last five appearances: 4.1IP, 13H/8ER, 5K:2BB, a 16.62 ERA / 3.46 WHIP
Hinch on Rondon: The leadoff walk killed him. Arcia had the late decision base hit to left...Obviously it hasn't been a great stretch for him. My level of concern is more for him to stay confident and focused that his best pitches are good enough. It feels like everything happening for him right now is negative. I take him out of the game and his runs get cashed in. He'll be back out there in a couple of days.

If Morton gets 5Ks today he will join Cole and Verlander with at least 200K for season. One other Astro club had 3 pitchers with at least 200Ks and that was in 1969 with Don Wilson (235), Larry Dierker (232), and Tom Griffin (200).

Correa not real encouraging right now: I'm trying to get better, healthy. My back just got tied up again and I want to make sure I'm ready to go for the playoffs. It's been a rough year for me when it comes to staying on the field and being healthy out there. It's been the toughest year of my career. When I came back, it's a grind every day.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 11:14:28 am by juliogotay »

geezerdonk

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • a long tradition of existence
    • View Profile
Some Notes
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 01:07:54 pm »
Has anyone mentioned that the Angels have given up 42 runs in the last 3 games? That must be a record.
52 in the last 4 and 63 in the last 5.
E come vivo? Vivo.