Author Topic: Vintage Stereo Repair  (Read 852 times)

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
Vintage Stereo Repair
« on: December 18, 2017, 08:05:47 am »
I'm in need of servicing an old stereo receiver...a Sansui 8080db, ca. 1975.  The radio portion doesn't seem to work at all.  I've cleaned it up, and am replacing the lamps, and have cleaned the pots and everything.  But the radio completely on the fritz is getting out of my comfort zone.  Does anyone know of a good/trusted technician for these sorts of things?  Preferably in Houston, but I suppose it can be shipped if I have to (I'm trying not to, as it weighs like 60 lbs). 
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Stereo Repair
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 08:21:48 am »
I'm in need of servicing an old stereo receiver...a Sansui 8080db, ca. 1975.  The radio portion doesn't seem to work at all.  I've cleaned it up, and am replacing the lamps, and have cleaned the pots and everything.  But the radio completely on the fritz is getting out of my comfort zone.  Does anyone know of a good/trusted technician for these sorts of things?  Preferably in Houston, but I suppose it can be shipped if I have to (I'm trying not to, as it weighs like 60 lbs). 

There's a guy I trust in Pinellas Park if you don't get any local options.
"You want me broken. You want me dead.
I'm living rent-free in the back of your head."

Limey

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Stereo Repair
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 08:25:48 am »
I have no answer to your question, but it does give me the opportunity to post this.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.