Author Topic: Spring Training  (Read 1128 times)

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Spring Training
« on: December 09, 2017, 10:16:07 am »
Kris:  Did you get my email?
Me:  I haven't seen it yet.
Kris:  Spring training tickets went on sale today.
Me:  Ok.
Kris:  Aren't we going? The tickets are selling out.
Me:  Hadn't planned on it.
Kris:  It's in West Palm Beach.
Me:  I need to see if the Tampa tickets are on sale yet.
. . .
Kris:  I bought spring training tickets for both Friday and Saturday. 

I think she may have bought the Nationals and the Braves though. 
"I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing... as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”  Charles Grassley

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
Re: Spring Training
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 09:44:55 am »
When are going to be in Tampa?  I have a family reunion in Okeechobee in February. Thinking about going, but not sure yet.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 01:09:58 pm »
A friend and I were talking about going.  Any recommendations, since the last time I went to Spring Training it was in Kissimmee.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 07:02:29 pm »
When are going to be in Tampa?  I have a family reunion in Okeechobee in February. Thinking about going, but not sure yet.

We're not going to Tampa until the end of June when the Astros are playing the Rays.  Apparently we're going to West Palm Beach to see the Astros at spring training February 23 and 24. 

For BG's question, we made a reservation at the Holiday Inn Express I think, and we're flying into Fort Lauderdale.  Kris got the opening weekend.  I wouldn't have, but it should be fun.
"I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing... as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”  Charles Grassley

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 11:13:54 am »
We're not going to Tampa until the end of June when the Astros are playing the Rays.  Apparently we're going to West Palm Beach to see the Astros at spring training February 23 and 24. 

For BG's question, we made a reservation at the Holiday Inn Express I think, and we're flying into Fort Lauderdale.  Kris got the opening weekend.  I wouldn't have, but it should be fun.

Going early is good if you really want to see the prospects - so you would need to check out the bus ride section to know who those are.
Later is good if you really want to see those close to making the team out of spring training.
Both are good.  I preferred early in the season when they do a lot of drills on the back fields.  Not sure how the set-up is now at the "new" place.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 11:38:47 am »
Going early is good if you really want to see the prospects - so you would need to check out the bus ride section to know who those are.
Later is good if you really want to see those close to making the team out of spring training.
Both are good.  I preferred early in the season when they do a lot of drills on the back fields.  Not sure how the set-up is now at the "new" place.

Do you think Kris is just worried that she won't get in any Words with Friends until next April?