Author Topic: Cora  (Read 1622 times)

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
Cora
« on: December 06, 2017, 10:39:11 am »
this incident http://www.nbcsports.com/boston/red-sox/new-boston-red-sox-manager-alex-cora-engaged-public-disputes-houston-astros-broadcaster-geoff-blum-manager-aj-hinch is being reported by Evan Drellich.

The Cliffs Notes version: On August 31, less than two months before he was named Sox manager and at a time of peak anxiety off the field, Cora cursed out Astros broadcaster Geoff Blum on a team bus heading from the airport to the stadium in Houston. When the bus arrived at the Astros' Minute Maid Park, Cora went off again, screaming at his boss, Astros manager A.J. Hinch.

Astros Fan in Big D

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Re: Cora
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 10:57:27 am »
Bad look for sure, but if this were a big deal to AJ I doubt Cora would have gotten the BoSox gig.

BUWebguy

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 11:19:01 am »
Says a lot about Houston -- the franchise, the media and the city -- that this only coming out now. In many other markets, it would have been front page news within hours.
"If you can't figure out that Astros doesn't have an apostrophe, you shouldn't be able to comment." - Ron Brand, June 9, 2010

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 11:22:04 am »
Bad look for sure, but if this were a big deal to AJ I doubt Cora would have gotten the BoSox gig.

Exactly and Hinch (don't remember if this was in the Drellich piece) called Dombroski  to let him know he didn't bring it up because he thought it was a non-issue.

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
  • art is a bulwark against the irrationality of man
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 12:45:18 pm »
I too have have been cussed out for asking a drunk man to turn down his music.
Everyone's talking, few of them know
The rest are pretending, they put on a show
And if there's a message I guess this is it
Truth isn't easy, the easy part's shit

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 03:11:17 pm »
I wonder how Drellich found out about it. I'll bet he pissed himself with glee at having found some more dirty Astros laundry to show everyone.
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 05:18:54 pm »
I wonder how Drellich found out about it. I'll bet he pissed himself with glee at having found some more dirty Astros laundry to show everyone.

Do the beat reporters travel on the same flights as the club? I would think he has friends among the current group.

das

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
    • Faith Home Ministries
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 07:52:19 am »
Tempest in a teapot.  Anyone that has been a part of any team sport for any length of time (or any workplace for that matter) has been around boorish behavior.  The story is not that it happened, it's that the team dynamic was unaffected and they all saw it as and treated it as a non-consequential blip.
Another trenchant comment by a jealous lesser intellect.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 08:40:27 am »
Tempest in a teapot.  Anyone that has been a part of any team sport for any length of time (or any workplace for that matter) has been around boorish behavior.  The story is not that it happened, it's that the team dynamic was unaffected and they all saw it as and treated it as a non-consequential blip.

+1
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

Navin R Johnson

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 08:01:13 am »
Do the beat reporters travel on the same flights as the club? I would think he has friends among the current group.

No, McTaggert was on the same United flight (ORD>IAH) as me after ALDS game 4.   The broadcasters fly with the team though,
There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.