Author Topic: world series stuff  (Read 4928 times)

Fredia

• Pope
  • World Series Champs..enough said
    • View Profile
Re: world series stuff
« Reply #120 on: December 05, 2017, 03:37:21 pm »
Jim wish i still had my vcr that sat on top of another vcr  so I could send you a recording
forever is composed entirely of nows

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 06, 2017, 08:41:09 pm »
So tonight is Kris's book club, so I was looking for something to watch on tv and the MLB world series video was on sale on Apple tv.  I bought.

Is it as good as the Series?  Naw.  Is it pretty good?  If you get through that without either joy or tears or both, I'll buy the beer.  But you'll have to drink it on your own because I surely don't want anything to do with you.
"I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing... as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”  Charles Grassley

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2017, 07:39:54 am »
So tonight is Kris's book club, so I was looking for something to watch on tv and the MLB world series video was on sale on Apple tv.  I bought.

Is it as good as the Series?  Naw.  Is it pretty good?  If you get through that without either joy or tears or both, I'll buy the beer.  But you'll have to drink it on your own because I surely don't want anything to do with you.

I still get misty-eyed watching replays at certain points.

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2017, 03:06:15 pm »

Thanks, Neil. It hadn't occurred to me to search for this. Since we no longer bother hooking up a DVD player to the TV (and don't own a BlueRay), I wasn't sure whether to buy a copy or not. But we have Apple TV, so that's perfect.

Now, I just have to decide whether to rent it or buy it...
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2017, 03:16:31 pm »
Thanks, Neil. It hadn't occurred to me to search for this. Since we no longer bother hooking up a DVD player to the TV (and don't own a BlueRay), I wasn't sure whether to buy a copy or not. But we have Apple TV, so that's perfect.

Now, I just have to decide whether to rent it or buy it...

I think it was $3.99 to rent, $9.99 to buy.  I suspect I'll watch it again, so I'm glad I bought. 
"I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing... as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”  Charles Grassley

Fredia

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2017, 02:38:16 pm »
got the WS hallmark ornament today. Good quality ..love it.

Waldo

• Administrator
  • Pope
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ashrubbery.com/
« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2017, 05:30:28 pm »
My 2014 SI and the WS cover print arrived today. Haven’t gotten the special issue yet.

Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • art is a bulwark against the irrationality of man
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2017, 06:25:17 pm »
Jim wish i still had my vcr that sat on top of another vcr  so I could send you a recording
Is it Beta or VHS? If you have the superior technology of the Beta system, I would like a copy too, please.
And she turned around and took me by the hand and said, I've lost control again. And how I'll never know just why or understand. She said I've lost control again.

Aussie Astro

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2017, 05:32:22 am »
Well my ship finally came in, a variety of shirts and other items.  A little disappointed that the handle of the coffee mug was broken but wtf, I can always get another one.  Guess who is the best dressed Astros fan in Murrin Murrin this week?
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 12, 2017, 03:39:40 pm »
Well my ship finally came in, a variety of shirts and other items.  A little disappointed that the handle of the coffee mug was broken but wtf, I can always get another one.  Guess who is the best dressed Astros fan in Murrin Murrin this week?

Heck,  you can claim the entire southern hemisphere.

Dilly dilly.

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 20, 2017, 01:14:57 pm »
Have any of you that ordered something post-Series from SI actually received it? I ordered the issue just after the WS ended and have not rec'd it nor do they respond to any inquiries at their "Customer Service" phone. There is a reason I put Customer Service in quotes as it is a fucking joke. I have also written to their "Customer Service" email and they don't respond.  I suspect they farm all of this out to a 4th World Country. Just wondering if anyone has actually rec'd what you paid for. I will stick a fork in my eye before buying anything from jokers again.

Waldo

• Administrator
  • Pope
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ashrubbery.com/
« Reply #131 on: December 20, 2017, 01:20:37 pm »
Have any of you that ordered something post-Series from SI actually received it? I ordered the issue just after the WS ended and have not rec'd it nor do they respond to any inquiries at their "Customer Service" phone. There is a reason I put Customer Service in quotes as it is a fucking joke. I have also written to their "Customer Service" email and they don't respond.  I suspect they farm all of this out to a 4th World Country. Just wondering if anyone has actually rec'd what you paid for. I will stick a fork in my eye before buying anything from jokers again.

My World Series magazine, the 2014 magazine, and print of the 2014 cover, came last week.

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #132 on: December 20, 2017, 01:34:28 pm »
I received the 2014 reprint but am waiting on another order.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 20, 2017, 02:09:33 pm »
My World Series magazine, the 2014 magazine, and print of the 2014 cover, came last week.

We ordered the WS issue and the 2014 reprint during the week after the WS and received both within a couple of weeks. I'm beginning to think we got unusually lucky.
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

Fredia

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 22, 2017, 01:36:43 pm »
ws calender really good quality , no verlander month tho
able to get world series ornament for half price in jcp.

Aussie Astro

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 30, 2017, 03:48:01 pm »
Perth Heat 2 - 0 in games when I wear my new JV shirt, so that's pretty good.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

Duke

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 02, 2018, 11:03:39 am »
I got 2 WS Champs hoddies just in time for the freeze.  Also a sweet cap and another tee.  I guess I was good this year.

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: January 13, 2018, 12:37:54 pm »
I finally got my WS Documentary Bluray/DVD combo. I ordered it on 11/2 when obviously it hadn't been created yet so it's nice to finally have it.

A nice feature is the ability to download a digital copy to play on your computer, phone or tablet.
"You want me broken. You want me dead.
I'm living rent-free in the back of your head."

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 13, 2018, 06:01:04 pm »
I finally got my WS Documentary Bluray/DVD combo. I ordered it on 11/2 when obviously it hadn't been created yet so it's nice to finally have it.

A nice feature is the ability to download a digital copy to play on your computer, phone or tablet.

I saw one set that included the games on dvd. Was that what you got?

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #139 on: January 13, 2018, 06:56:35 pm »
I saw one set that included the games on dvd. Was that what you got?

No. Talking about the documentary MLB did. One BluRay or DVD.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.