Author Topic: World Series Game 7 - For All the Marbles 11-1-2017  (Read 2788 times)

Astros Fan in Big D

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile

Aussie Astro

• View Profile
Re: World Series Game 7 - For All the Marbles 11-1-2017
« Reply #961 on: November 03, 2017, 06:57:30 PM »
Ok, better late than never... time to see the game.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: November 03, 2017, 07:00:15 PM »
Ok, better late than never... time to see the game.

Feed the dingo first.
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

Aussie Astro

• View Profile
« Reply #963 on: November 03, 2017, 07:22:52 PM »
Wow, I do not remember my part of that. I am so glad you are here!
Yeah, who can tell, a lot of people were yelling stuff…  I am just glad we are not saying ‘well, there is always next year’ once again.  I probably followed this season closer than any previous and really appreciate all the things that are needed, including a good slice of luck, to win all the marbles. This is great for all of you lifers and long term fans to get the winners feeling.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

Aussie Astro

• View Profile
« Reply #964 on: November 03, 2017, 07:42:43 PM »
Feed the dingo first.
Dingos tend to look after themselves.  I saw one at a sunny little place called Telfer once, sitting under a tree and suddenly jumped up running at a flat out sprint, covered about 15 - 20 yards and jumped up probably 8 feet and snatched a pigeon out of the air.  He then went back under the tree and ate his lunch looking pretty fucking pleased with himself.  Anyway, game back on, more tales from the outback after the next half inning.

Nate in IA

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • To the stars...
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: November 03, 2017, 08:28:32 PM »
Hey guys, thanks for the kudos.   I love being a part of this board with no Astros fans anywhere around me and my Dad and brother are *shudder* Cubs fans.   Still, I got congratulations from them and they said it was a better World Series than last year.  It's been my pleasure to do PBP for this historic championship run.   What a ride it's been.

Watching the Channel 2 coverage of the parade today on YouTube.   Great to have that record too...

Aussie Astro

• View Profile
« Reply #966 on: November 03, 2017, 08:37:48 PM »
Hey guys, thanks for the kudos.   I love being a part of this board with no Astros fans anywhere around me and my Dad and brother are *shudder* Cubs fans.   Still, I got congratulations from them and they said it was a better World Series than last year.  It's been my pleasure to do PBP for this historic championship run.   What a ride it's been.

Watching the Channel 2 coverage of the parade today on YouTube.   Great to have that record too...
Like they say mate, you can pick your friends, but not your relatives.

Aussie Astro

• View Profile
« Reply #967 on: November 03, 2017, 11:33:59 PM »
Yeah, that game was pretty sweet alright, lucky we jumped out quick and got some runs before they realised there was a game on.  The on field celebrations were great, really glad to see Giles in the thick of it after the rough time he had. 

Ty in Tampa

• Contributor
  • Pope
  • You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: November 04, 2017, 05:34:26 PM »
I don't know about you guys but I'm fucking exhausted. The late nights, the stress and then the release...I'm liable to sleep the entire weekend.
"You want me broken. You want me dead.
I'm living rent-free in the back of your head."

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: November 04, 2017, 05:37:48 PM »
I don't know about you guys but I'm fucking exhausted. The late nights, the stress and then the release...I'm liable to sleep the entire weekend.

I'm with you. Exhausted.
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: November 05, 2017, 11:16:11 AM »

I know exactly what you are saying. I did not realize how much tension I was feeling until the morning after game 7 when I was totally spent.
Although part of it was undoubtedly the late hours. Couldn't go to bed until a couple of hours after the long and late games as I was taking in every post-game interview, replay and commentary from the talking heads.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 11:17:52 AM by juliogotay »

Arky Vaughan

• Administrator
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: November 06, 2017, 10:55:32 PM »
B9 of Game 7, 5- 1, 2 outs

Seager,
grounder to Altuve on the first pitch, 4 - 3 3  outs !

ASTROS WIN, ASTROS WIN, ASTROS WIN

Your 2017 World Series Champions, the Houston Astros!

Here I am reading all this five days later, and when I get to the last out, I get all misty, just like I did watching the actual game. AstrosConnection/OrangeWhoopass/SpikesnStars rules.