Author Topic: World Series Game Six - Astros v Dodgers. Oct. 31, 2017  (Read 20138 times)

baron

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
Re: World Series Game Six - Astros v Dodgers. Oct. 31, 2017
« Reply #720 on: October 31, 2017, 10:48:49 pm »
I reckon we'll see what happens, but I'll be on a flight to Manchester, so . . . maybe I can listen on my phone or some such. Gotta hope that we've seen enough of their bullpen to get to them and chip away and as crazy as this series has been . . . they may have an advantage, but they seem unduly cocky about it (from Buck's reporting) and crazy could be good for us. Let's get those bats swinging!
Quote from: NYT
On the Web ... is a recording of what she describes as her latest track, “What We Want,” a hip-hop-inflected rhythm-and-blues tune that asks, "Can you handle me, boy?" and uses some dated slang, calling someone her "boo."

WVastro

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: October 31, 2017, 10:51:04 pm »
Lots of hard hit balls tonight for outs. The offense isn't dead. The Astros nave never hit a pitcher like Hill well. Fuck Kershaw right in the fucking ear. Tomorrow will be fucking crazy.

WVastro

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: October 31, 2017, 10:52:37 pm »
McCullers will show up tomorrow. I know it.

chuck

• Contributor
  • Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: October 31, 2017, 10:59:00 pm »
McCullers will show up tomorrow. I know it.

I'm not sure that's the issue.
Y todo lo que sube baja
pregúntale a Pedro Navaja

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: October 31, 2017, 11:02:34 pm »
I'm not sure that's the issue.

Verlander showed up tonight.  Can't count on a shutout.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

Aussie Astro

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: October 31, 2017, 11:24:32 pm »
Well, enjoy game 7 folks, I'm heading up the bush and will be behind the moon for most of the day, hope to pick up a score somehow.   A win would be nice.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

DVauthrin

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: October 31, 2017, 11:28:58 pm »
Verlander showed up tonight.  Can't count on a shutout.

Not getting any runs out of second and third with no outs in the top of the fifth did them in.  Hinch has to think about sitting Reddick tomorrow night, though I don’t understand why Josh hasn’t yet corrected his flaw by watching video.  He’s not keeping his head in and staying on the ball right now.
Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.

Waldo

• Administrator
  • Pope
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ashrubbery.com/
« Reply #727 on: November 01, 2017, 01:18:08 am »
Verlander is the only Astro that showed up to win today.

Springer was 2x3 with a walk and scored/drove in the team's only run.

Astros Fan in Big D

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 01, 2017, 07:04:56 am »
3 pitches standout:

Strike 1 to Josh on the 3-0 count.  Hill made a good lurch,  carefully placed. If Josh walks there . . .

"Strike 1" to Gattis on the 2-0 count.  I watched that pitch knew it was a ball and looked down at my phone, heard my 75 year old mom say "well maybe it caught the corner".  I said no, it was outside and stayed outside,  that's why they . . .WTH?!  Terrible terrible terrible call.  The argument that they get 90% balls/ strikes right falls to pieces when you put those missed calls in context.  Yes it's up to Gattis to battle back from that,  but he stood in and took ball 3 and we should have seen how things unfolded from there.

The last one was the Verlander slider that got dumped into right field for the lowest exit velocity double you'll  see.  Credit the hitter.  And credit Verlander for getting thru that with only 2 runs allowed.   He is gutsy,  gutsy,  gutsy and all kinds of good. 

Ultimately we didn't cash in on opportunities.   Like HH kept saying,  keep hitting it hard. 

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
  • art is a bulwark against the irrationality of man
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 01, 2017, 08:38:40 am »
I'm heading up the bush and will be behind the moon for most of the day, hope to pick up a score somehow.
Seems like you are scoring.
Everyone's talking, few of them know
The rest are pretending, they put on a show
And if there's a message I guess this is it
Truth isn't easy, the easy part's shit

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #730 on: November 01, 2017, 08:57:21 am »
3 pitches standout:

Strike 1 to Josh on the 3-0 count.  Hill made a good lurch,  carefully placed. If Josh walks there . . .

"Strike 1" to Gattis on the 2-0 count.  I watched that pitch knew it was a ball and looked down at my phone, heard my 75 year old mom say "well maybe it caught the corner".  I said no, it was outside and stayed outside,  that's why they . . .WTH?!  Terrible terrible terrible call.  The argument that they get 90% balls/ strikes right falls to pieces when you put those missed calls in context.  Yes it's up to Gattis to battle back from that,  but he stood in and took ball 3 and we should have seen how things unfolded from there.

The last one was the Verlander slider that got dumped into right field for the lowest exit velocity double you'll  see.  Credit the hitter.  And credit Verlander for getting thru that with only 2 runs allowed.   He is gutsy,  gutsy,  gutsy and all kinds of good. 

Ultimately we didn't cash in on opportunities.   Like HH kept saying,  keep hitting it hard.

It was a bad luck game. Reddick’s strikeout curve might have been ball four, but he did not dare take it. Marwin’s liner was an RBI hit, but Utley was standing on top of second. The Utley HBP was a killer.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

Knoxbanedoodle

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 01, 2017, 09:40:33 am »
It was a bad luck game. Reddick’s strikeout curve might have been ball four, but he did not dare take it. Marwin’s liner was an RBI hit, but Utley was standing on top of second. The Utley HBP was a killer.

The Utley HBP.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #732 on: November 01, 2017, 09:48:53 am »
The Utley HBP.

Yep. 0-29, and a DP keeps Verlander in control.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.