Author Topic: World Series - Game 5 - 29 Oct 2017  (Read 23737 times)

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
Re: World Series - Game 5 - 29 Oct 2017
« Reply #820 on: October 31, 2017, 10:21:57 am »
Paramedics hauled somebody out on a stretcher near us.  It was in the early innings, too.

Was not me, thank goodness.

ETA: I do not have heart disease in my family and never any hint of heart issues myself, so the sensations I was experiencing were unsettling to say the least.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 10:54:30 am by JimR »
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
  • The goddamn Germans ain't got nothin to do with it
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: October 31, 2017, 01:57:39 pm »
The emotional roller coaster was extreme. The Dodgers took the crowd out of it early, then Yuli’s blast got it rocking again. Bellinger’s homer put the lid back on, then Altuve’s answering homer tore it off again. On and on it went back and forth like a tennis match between elite players. I was exhausted, and for real and for awhile, I feared I was experiencing a very untimely cardiac event. I do not know if I scared Mark, but I was seriously alarmed. We got back to where we were staying about 1:40 am and stayed up for more than an hour reading and talking about the game. Mark kept saying “It does not seem real.” I did not sleep a wink until we left at 6 am to get Mark back home for work.

What a game! Such a memorable experience for me made better because Mark was there too.

I would've been a lot more alarmed if I hadn't gone through that same feeling 2-3 times already during the game.

When Altuve hit his home run, I had to sit down for a few seconds. I literally yelled myself out of oxygen, then forgot how to breathe for about 5 seconds. I had a really pretty black fireworks show happening before I realized I was in a bit of distress.
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #822 on: October 31, 2017, 02:38:10 pm »
I would've been a lot more alarmed if I hadn't gone through that same feeling 2-3 times already during the game.

When Altuve hit his home run, I had to sit down for a few seconds. I literally yelled myself out of oxygen, then forgot how to breathe for about 5 seconds. I had a really pretty black fireworks show happening before I realized I was in a bit of distress.

Never got that bad for me but I did get light headed a few times.

And my heart rate is already high today.

Turns out I was in the section just in front of you and Jim.  Sorry I missed a chance to meet you guys (and BG at the ALDS G2, and all the other OWAers).

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: October 31, 2017, 02:42:10 pm »
If I had a doctor's appointment today, I would have rescheduled.  No way I'd let someone take my blood pressure today (or any game day at this point).
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: October 31, 2017, 03:32:18 pm »
Never got that bad for me but I did get light headed a few times.

And my heart rate is already high today.

Turns out I was in the section just in front of you and Jim.  Sorry I missed a chance to meet you guys (and BG at the ALDS G2, and all the other OWAers).

Do I remember correctly you are Ruben Miranda’s brother?

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #825 on: October 31, 2017, 04:14:14 pm »
Do I remember correctly you are Ruben Miranda’s brother?

Nope,  that's not me.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: October 31, 2017, 05:02:31 pm »

Nate in IA

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • To the stars...
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: November 01, 2017, 11:57:19 pm »
If he PBPs an Astros clincher, he can own the whole goddamn web site.

I don't need another website to manage..   You guys do a great job.