Author Topic: ALCS Game 7. Enough will be enough.  (Read 2197 times)

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
Re: ALCS Game 7. Enough will be enough.
« Reply #600 on: October 22, 2017, 11:41:12 AM »
I heard that too.  He then felt up Keuchel's beard, describing it as "going down lower". 

And I also heard Keuchel say that if they win the World Series, the first thing he's doing is shaving that beard. 

I heard that too.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
  • art is a bulwark against the irrationality of man
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: October 22, 2017, 11:41:20 AM »
I feel the same way about the tension of watching us pitch, and I think it comes down to one simple thing:

We trusted this offense to come through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just kept waiting for the bats to start talking. I didn't see how the Yankees' highly praised relievers could silence them for the whole series.
And she turned around and took me by the hand and said, I've lost control again. And how I'll never know just why or understand. She said I've lost control again.

baron

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: October 22, 2017, 12:10:19 PM »
Did you hear him ask Gregerson about the foursome? The tattoo he was asking about was his mom, grandma, and Aunt. Hilarious!

The Astros have to win it all just for more Sparky in the clubhouse.

The foursome talk was very strange. He must've been drunker than Harry Caray.
Or just nuts.
Quote from: NYT
On the Web ... is a recording of what she describes as her latest track, “What We Want,” a hip-hop-inflected rhythm-and-blues tune that asks, "Can you handle me, boy?" and uses some dated slang, calling someone her "boo."

JimR

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #603 on: October 22, 2017, 12:22:04 PM »
We were in 118, so same place as last time.  I'd have come said hello had I known.

Wasn't that a great crowd?

Fantastic crowd, and we had great fun with the guys in front of us.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: October 22, 2017, 12:24:22 PM »
Last night was something else.  I was a nervous wreck before the game and for seven innings.  Coach had to smack some sense into me a couple of times.  Oddly, I was fairly calm starting in the 8th.  What a game.  What a series.  I think I surprised Coach with a big hug after it was all over.

No, man, I was just reminding you of things you already know. The hug did not surprise me and was much appreciated. Those were some great times.

roadrunner

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: October 22, 2017, 02:54:16 PM »
Were you there? If so, where. All of my tickets have been in 116.

I was in 116.  What row?  I was row 29 with my buddy.  Lots of hugs/high fives/spilled beers.  Still can't believe Bregman went home with it.

Epic night. 

baron

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: October 22, 2017, 03:16:12 PM »
I've never high fived so many strangers in my life.
Quote from: NYT
On the Web ... is a recording of what she describes as her latest track, “What We Want,” a hip-hop-inflected rhythm-and-blues tune that asks, "Can you handle me, boy?" and uses some dated slang, calling someone her "boo."

Nate in IA

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • To the stars...
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: October 22, 2017, 04:02:01 PM »
Who knows when it will happen again?  I sucked it up and bought a single for Game 2 in LA with JV on the bump. 

p.s. My wife is awesome.

A number of things have transpired to prevent me from attending in person this year (unless something truly miraculous happens).  Yes, I'm heartbroken but what can you do.   Amazing what the light of day does to dreams of the night,  Hanging out here with all of you Astro freaks is great compensation.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: October 22, 2017, 04:02:50 PM »
I was in 116.  What row?  I was row 29 with my buddy.  Lots of hugs/high fives/spilled beers.  Still can't believe Bregman went home with it.

Epic night.

Row 36. Read Bregman’s Interview. He decided late in the regular season after a failed DP and talking to Cora  if the situation occurred again he was going home. He was prepared.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #609 on: October 22, 2017, 04:29:00 PM »
Statcast on the Bregman play:
http://mlb.com/r/article?ymd=20171021&content_id=259279422&vkey=news_hou&c_id=hou

Anybody else reminded of MoBerg's throw home to nail Pujols against the Jakes in game 4?  Bigger situation in '05, but both are now sweet memories.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 05:00:52 PM by Astros Fan in Big D »

roadrunner

• View Profile
« Reply #610 on: October 22, 2017, 04:59:22 PM »
Row 36. Read Bregman’s Interview. He decided late in the regular season after a failed DP and talking to Cora  if the situation occurred again he was going home. He was prepared.

Nice.  Really appreciated the section chants immediately drowning out any Yankee fan chants.

Bregman didn't hesitate and put it on the money.  Truly perfection. 

Aussie Astro

• View Profile
« Reply #611 on: October 23, 2017, 12:42:06 AM »
I've never been to WA so I have no idea what beers are prevalent out there. What's common?
I wondered if I missed much, the GZ was pretty hectic the last couple of nights, so…

These days I think most people here drink imported beers, no end of choices.  European beers mainly I guess, US beers not so much, and of course there is Kilkenny.  Micro-breweries are all over the place and they are pretty popular too.

Both of the iconic local breweries are closed now and the ‘local’ beers are brewed in South Australia. We used to have Swan and Emu breweries that made a range of pretty good beers and created the WA tradition of ‘having a poultry lunch’ but probably not many people would realise that now I guess?  It is a bit sad to me the way the breweries went but that’s life I guess.  I personally blame the America’s Cup but that is another matter altogether.

Now, if you ever meet someone from WA and they say they feel like a poultry lunch, don’t take them to KFC, that is not what they want.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: October 23, 2017, 12:42:37 AM »
Nice.  Really appreciated the section chants immediately drowning out any Yankee fan chants.

Bregman didn't hesitate and put it on the money.  Truly perfection.

Bregman reminds me of a baseball version of a gym rat.