Author Topic: ALCS Game 3 -- Astros vs. Yankees  (Read 16272 times)

Andyzipp

ALCS Game 3 -- Astros vs. Yankees
« on: October 16, 2017, 03:04:33 pm »
Lineups for tonight's game...

Houston (2-0)

https://twitter.com/astros/status/920023200548958209
(Hinch's penmanship game continues to be strong...)

Springer - 8
Bregman - 5
Altuve - 4
Correa - 6
Gurriel - DH
Gattis - 2
Gonzalez - 3
Reddick - 9
Maybin - 7

Morton - P

New York (0-2)

Gardner - 7
Judge - 9
Gregorius - 6
Sanchez - 2
Bird - 3
Castro - 4
Hicks - 8
Frazier - 5
Heddy - DH

Sabithia - P
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 03:34:44 pm by Andyzipp »

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Re: ALCS Game 3 -- Astros vs. Yankees
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 03:37:09 pm »
Now for something completely different . . .

So, Bregman batting second again and Reddick down the order to get the righty more at bats, but why Gurriel at DH?  McCann out as a lefty.  Gonzalez at first and Gurriel DH because . . .  Maybin in left because . . .  I don't get the defensive changes. 
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 04:02:42 pm by NeilT »
"I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing... as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”  Charles Grassley

BlownRanger

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 03:46:31 pm »
I assume the Yankees will run wild if they get on base.  They have to, don't they?
"He hit that one right up the poop chute, Bill" - Enos Cabell

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2017, 03:51:14 pm »
They didn't really run that much on McCann, but any team should run against two of our catchers.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Astros Fan in Big D

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2017, 03:52:37 pm »
I assume the Yankees will run wild if they get on base.  They have to, don't they?

Yes,  they will be aggressive assist the catcher.

Against the outfield . . .

TerryPuhl21

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2017, 04:57:17 pm »

So, Bregman batting second again and Reddick down the order to get the righty more at bats, but why Gurriel at DH?  McCann out as a lefty.  Gonzalez at first and Gurriel DH because . . .  Maybin in left because . . .  I don't get the defensive changes.
I don't really have an issue with this batting order. I'm ok with the defensive alignment as well but it would have been fine with me if Maybin was in center, Springer in right and Reddick in left. I was playing around with lineups today and I came up with exactly what Hinch did, though I had Reddick as the DH, with Gonzo in left, Maybin in center and Springer in right. What Hinch has done probably disrupts the outfield defense the least. It keeps Reddick's arm in right where it should be. I guess he could have left Yuli on the field and DH'd Marwin. That would have been a good choice as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 05:01:38 pm »

Wanting to get as many right handed bats as you can in the lineup.  I suppose you could have Marwin at DH and leave Gurriel at 1B, but it's really not that big of a deal. 
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

TerryPuhl21

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2017, 05:12:54 pm »
Wanting to get as many right handed bats as you can in the lineup.  I suppose you could have Marwin at DH and leave Gurriel at 1B, but it's really not that big of a deal.
My thought exactly HH, and if you ask me, sometimes it looks like Yuli still favors his knee some. If that is the case, putting him at DH gives him a little break.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2017, 05:56:34 pm »
My thought exactly HH, and if you ask me, sometimes it looks like Yuli still favors his knee some. If that is the case, putting him at DH gives him a little break.

Yep to you and HH.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • The goddamn Germans ain't got nothin to do with it
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2017, 06:09:21 pm »
THIS PREGAME SHOW IS A FUCKING ATROCITY AGAINST NATURE!

ARod is fucking horrible.
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2017, 06:15:32 pm »
So far we've covered what ARod would change in the Yankee lineup and what's happened in the Dodgers/Cubs series... I'm assuming we'll eventually get to the other team playing tonight, if there is time.
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das

MikeyBoy

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2017, 06:17:38 pm »
THIS PREGAME SHOW IS A FUCKING ATROCITY AGAINST NATURE!

ARod is fucking horrible.

Frank Thomas should do all the talking on that set.
"Buenos Dias, shitheads."

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2017, 06:20:55 pm »
Commercial break 2.

Watched Joe Maddon throw a temper tantum about the media questioning him using Lackey.

Beltran called out AROD for not Facetiming him anymore.

Plenty of Yankee highlights coming up. Astros nowhere to be found.

Also, they mentioned the Astros offense is all Altuve and Correa... I guess nevermind that .500 hitting Pineapple the Good Guys have.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2017, 06:21:32 pm »
They didn't really run that much on McCann, but any team should run against two of our catchers.

Not so many baserunners in the first two games, and big innings weren't en vogue, so it was all a little quiet.  If the Astros put some runs up early, they'll have to run.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

MikeyBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2017, 06:22:45 pm »
MLB Network does a much better job with pre/post game coverage.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2017, 06:23:00 pm »

Its the American League; how hard could it be?
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 06:24:15 pm »
Back from commerical. Showed Boone's walkoff homer against the Red Sox. Papi bitching and moaning.

HEY! Finally a mention of the Astros. Talking about Morton vs. CC. Jesus Christ, CC looks like someone stuck an air hose up his ass 2 years ago and forgot to turn it off.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2017, 06:25:08 pm »
MLB Network does a much better job with pre/post game coverage.

My left nut would do a better job than Fox, and it looks a lot less creepy than A-Rod.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2017, 06:27:43 pm »
ARod making excuses for the Yankees faster than he used to inject anabolic steroids in his ass.

It's a sad state of affairs that Keith Hernandez and Big Hurt are both really solid commentators, but ARod and Big Mumbly keep talking over everyone.

MikeyBoy

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2017, 06:28:02 pm »
My left nut would do a better job than Fox, and it looks a lot less creepy than A-Rod.

Likely less STDs, too.