Author Topic: ALCS Game 1 - Yankmees vs. Astros  (Read 11136 times)

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
Re: ALCS Game 1 - Yankmees vs. Astros
« Reply #320 on: October 14, 2017, 12:26:27 pm »
Had a great seat at the bar last night.  Tension is right.   It has been so long, I forgot how nerve racking every single pitch can be.   This is fun.

You know, I was much more nervous about the Boston series. I was fairly relaxed last night and able simply to enjoy the game. I think my worry about the Boston series was not wanting a repeat of the KC meltdown from 2015 and somehow having that stamped as the identity of the team.
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

Navin R Johnson

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 14, 2017, 12:37:23 pm »
You know, I was much more nervous about the Boston series. I was fairly relaxed last night and able simply to enjoy the game. I think my worry about the Boston series was not wanting a repeat of the KC meltdown from 2015 and somehow having that stamped as the identity of the team.

Well I agree BOS/NY.   But once it was clear that Tanaka was on and runs were gonna be at a premium, and knowing how good their bullpen is, it changed for me.   
There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 14, 2017, 09:55:34 pm »
Certainly the way the mics/volume was setup is likely.   Interested to hear from someone at the ALDS and yesterday, what the crowd noise was like.

I've been to every home game and Game 1 of the ALCS was just as electric as the LDS games.  Today's game blew the roof off of anything I've ever seen.
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

Navin R Johnson

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 14, 2017, 10:16:43 pm »
It sounded much louder today.
There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
  • The goddamn Germans ain't got nothin to do with it
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 16, 2017, 01:57:42 pm »
It wasn't World Series loud, but it was pretty damn loud in 116.
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das