Author Topic: Astros @ Red Sox - September 30, 2017  (Read 6618 times)

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
Re: Astros @ Red Sox - September 30, 2017
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2017, 01:17:27 pm »
You can go direct from Narita to Houston now?  I guess things change after 11 years.

Yeah, have been able to for at least five or six years.  Maybe longer. 
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

chuck

• Contributor
  • Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2017, 01:20:14 pm »
Air New Zealand flies nonstop AKL - IAH. Perth to Auckland is a haul, though.
Y todo lo que sube baja
pregĂșntale a Pedro Navaja

Nate in IA

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • To the stars...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2017, 01:23:12 pm »
Bennetendi  checks but a little too far for the first strike, strikes out swinging on Lance's 40th pitch.  1 out.

Betts, stuck at 2-2, works the walk..

Moreland,  McCann can't corral it and Betts goes to second on a wild pitch. and walks.. men on 1st and 2nd with 1 out.

Ramirez, grounds to second.. e4.. Betts scores., Moreland to Third.

Devers, off the wall for a double.. Moreland scores, Ramirez to third..     Walks are a bitch.

Vazquez, chops to short, Correa looks Ramirez back and throws out Vazquez.   2 out.

Holt quickly 0-2, back to 2-2, and looks at an outer half third strike 3 outs.

0 - 2 Boston after 4.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2017, 01:23:31 pm »
Long inning for McCullers.  Not sure if that's it for him or not, but I don't think he's changed any minds today.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

Nate in IA

• To the stars...
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2017, 01:25:03 pm »
He *might* get to come out for the fifth.. Given that Hoyt and Sipp were ready to go though, I doubt it.

Aussie Astro

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2017, 01:26:13 pm »
Air New Zealand flies nonstop AKL - IAH. Perth to Auckland is a haul, though.

And after that long haul you find your self in New Zealand.. where men are men and sheep are nervous.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 01:29:02 pm by Aussie Astro »
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2017, 01:26:40 pm »
Yuli with a rare walk

Nate in IA

• To the stars...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2017, 01:31:55 pm »
Gurriel leads off the 5th.  2-0, 3-0, not sure that was a strike,  walk.
McCann first pitch popup to second.  1 out.
Maybin shows bunt but pulls it back.. 0-1, 1-1,  grounds to deep short.. turns out FC, Gurriel out at 2nd.  2 outs.
Fisher, 1-0,  Maybin draws a throw over,   Maybin thrown out.. again probably not but.. 3 outs.

0 - 2

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2017, 01:32:34 pm »
Would have really liked to have cleared Fisher's spot that inning. 

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2017, 01:34:31 pm »
Another blown call by NY

Lefty

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2017, 01:34:47 pm »
That had a lot to do with the destination!  I made very sure to avoid that flight at the time.

Vietnam's on my list of places, so I was talking to old hippie cousin and he brought it up.

How far is NZ from the USofA?  Go to Australia first?
You may ask yourself, "How do I work this?"

Nate in IA

• To the stars...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2017, 01:34:54 pm »
McCullers back out for the 5th

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2017, 01:36:44 pm »
And after that long haul you find your self in New Zealand.. where men are men and sheep are nrevouus.

I was in some airport or another in Europe, sitting there, minding my own business, and one of the stores surrounding the waiting area must have been a place that sold leather goods or something similar. I suppose to draw attention to the supple nature of the lining of their outerwear offerings they had on display a figure of a sheep, maybe three feet tall. In retrospect it disappoints me that I wasn't fully aware that this would happen, but in short order a rowdy group of youngish German men came marching through and one of these fellows spied the sheep and promptly commenced to mount it and copulate with it. Despite the juvenile stupidity of the whole thing it was actually quite hilarious, you know, 6 am sheep shagging. I did reflect on what sort of idiot clerk would deliberately place the sheep at the entrance of the shop but who knows, maybe they have learned that it attracts custom.
Y todo lo que sube baja

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 30, 2017, 01:40:03 pm »

AKL is about 13 hours to SFO.  So to Houston, probably 17 or so. 

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 30, 2017, 01:40:08 pm »

Fucking long way away, that's how far it is. More time than you want to sit in an airplane. Despite that, I highly recommend Australia to the traveler. Once you get there you can travel all over Asia surprisingly inexpensively on one or another of the budget airlines they have.
Y todo lo que sube baja

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 30, 2017, 01:41:35 pm »
McCullers a mess.  3-0

Aussie Astro

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2017, 01:42:09 pm »
I was in some airport or another in Europe, sitting there, minding my own business, and one of the stores surrounding the waiting area must have been a place that sold leather goods or something similar. I suppose to draw attention to the supple nature of the lining of their outerwear offerings they had on display a figure of a sheep, maybe three feet tall. In retrospect it disappoints me that I wasn't fully aware that this would happen, but in short order a rowdy group of youngish German men came marching through and one of these fellows spied the sheep and promptly commenced to mount it and copulate with it. Despite the juvenile stupidity of the whole thing it was actually quite hilarious, you know, 6 am sheep shagging. I did reflect on what sort of idiot clerk would deliberately place the sheep at the entrance of the shop but who knows, maybe they have learned that it attracts custom.

Don't worry about 6:oo am mate they are at it 24 / 7 in NZ.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2017, 01:43:22 pm »
I don't see why McCullers makes the post season roster. 

Nate in IA

• To the stars...
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 30, 2017, 01:44:09 pm »
Bottom of 5

Bradley, grounds softly to the right side.. Lance picks it up and throws him out 1-3.  1 out.

Bogaerts, McCullers loosing command a bit.. 2-1,  Rips a ball into the left field corner for a double.

Benintendi, 2-0, 2-1, 2-2, grounder through the right side for a single.. Bogaerts scores.   

Betts, 0-1, 1-1, grounds past a diving Bregman for a single and that's it for McCullers

Tony Sipp to take the bump.

Aussie Astro

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 30, 2017, 01:44:26 pm »
Fucking long way away, that's how far it is. More time than you want to sit in an airplane. Despite that, I highly recommend Australia to the traveler. Once you get there you can travel all over Asia surprisingly inexpensively on one or another of the budget airlines they have.

And most of the time the budget airlines get to their destination.