Author Topic: Astros @ Red Sox - September 30, 2017  (Read 6430 times)

Nate in IA

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • To the stars...
    • View Profile
Re: Astros @ Red Sox - September 30, 2017
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2017, 12:31:48 pm »
Hinch talking to the booth

Moreland, grounds to Correa in the shift.   1 out
Ramirez, pops out to Altuve in shallow right.  2 out
Devers,  misses a ball in the dirt, thrown out 2-3.  3 out.

0-0 after 2

Aussie Astro

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2017, 12:33:59 pm »
Pekanbaru-Jakarta-Taipei-Houston

But I've done it through Narita and through Moscow

Lucky you get straight into Houston, flights fron Aus go to LA or Dallas last time I checked, nothing direct.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2017, 12:37:50 pm »
Lucky you get straight into Houston, flights fron Aus go to LA or Dallas last time I checked, nothing direct.

Yeah, I like my port of entry into the US to be my final destination and not have a US connection.  Don't know direct from Aus to US flights available, but LA is probably the most common.  Probably depends on the airline though. 
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2017, 12:40:39 pm »
Pomeranz didn't expect that kind of hustle from Fisher.  Nonchalanted that into a base hit.  Now make him pay, George...
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

Aussie Astro

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2017, 12:40:57 pm »
Fisher is a bit quicker down the line than I realised.
WARNING: The consumption of alcohol may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

Nate in IA

• To the stars...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2017, 12:43:32 pm »
Top 3

National broadcast for me is definitely East Coast bias.

McCann, strikes out looking on a monster curve.  1 out.
Maybin, grounds out 4-3, 2 out
Fisher, works it full, swinging bunt and beats the throw!
Springer up for the second time.. mad at himself for missing a pitch, works it full, walks, Fisher to 2nd
Bregman pops up the first pitch to short.  3 outs.

Still 0-0 but Pomerantz getting up there in pitch count.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2017, 12:51:04 pm »

So you got me curious...you can get Perth to Houston direct through Dubai and Doha.  There are a couple of other multiple stop routes that make Houston the US entry point, such as through Singapore, but they're not really "direct". 

Nate in IA

• To the stars...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2017, 12:53:02 pm »
Bottom of 3

Vazquez, strikeout swinging, 1 out
Holt,  single to right..
Bradley FC grounder to Altuve, Holt out at second.  2 out
Bogaerts, strikes out looking for the third out.

0 - 0 after 3...

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2017, 12:53:43 pm »
So you got me curious...you can get Perth to Houston direct through Dubai and Doha.  There are a couple of other multiple stop routes that make Houston the US entry point, such as through Singapore, but they're not really "direct".
With the new(ish) BA flight out of Austin, you can go "direct" to a bunch of places through London ... change of planes in Heathrow, but if you are staying on BA it is OK.  That is the long way to Bangkok, though.
Up in the Air

Lefty

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2017, 12:54:26 pm »

From what I was told yesterday, flying a military passenger C-130 from Cali to Vietnam in '68 was not a recommended flight.
You may ask yourself, "How do I work this?"

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2017, 12:55:10 pm »
From what I was told yesterday, flying a military passenger C-130 from Cali to Vietnam in '68 was not a recommended flight.
That had a lot to do with the destination!  I made very sure to avoid that flight at the time.
Up in the Air

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2017, 12:58:09 pm »
With the new(ish) BA flight out of Austin, you can go "direct" to a bunch of places through London ... change of planes in Heathrow, but if you are staying on BA it is OK.  That is the long way to Bangkok, though.

I've done Bangkok through Moscow-Singapore a bunch, and that flight now goes through Manchester instead of Moscow.  It's quicker other ways because you sit around Singapore a long time.  But it's on Singapore Airlines, which is my favorite, and if you get stuck in any airport in the world, Singapore is the one you want.

Aussie Astro

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2017, 12:59:07 pm »

Via Dubai or Doha is the long way around.  I went via Narita to avoid any 12 + hour legs.  There is no easy way to do it really, been a while since I checked but Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne to LAX or DFW is a fucking long haul and then ou have a domestic flight...

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2017, 12:59:15 pm »

I would guess that wasn't something to look forward to.

Nate in IA

• To the stars...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2017, 12:59:55 pm »
Altuve leads off the 4th
strikes out looking on an outside curve.   Hunter seems to have a decided left-side tilt to the strike zone today.

Correa, back up the middle but Holt snags it and throws him out 4-3.  2 out.

Gattis, jammed into a popup to short.   3 out

0-0

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2017, 01:07:50 pm »
Via Dubai or Doha is the long way around.  I went via Narita to avoid any 12 + hour legs.  There is no easy way to do it really, been a while since I checked but Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne to LAX or DFW is a fucking long haul and then ou have a domestic flight...

Perth to Doha is quicker than Sydney to DFW.  The Perth-Doha-Houston time in the air is only an hour or so longer than Perth-Sydney-DFW-Houston.  But there's 8 hours or so sitting around in Doha.  Which isn't so bad, the lounge in Doha is excellent.  Don't know what the Perth-Narita is, but Narita-Houston is 14 hours. 

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2017, 01:13:09 pm »
McCullers losing command in the 4th...back to back walks

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2017, 01:14:48 pm »
Altuve boots a would be double play ball...1-0 Red Sox

Aussie Astro

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2017, 01:15:59 pm »
Perth to Doha is quicker than Sydney to DFW.  The Perth-Doha-Houston time in the air is only an hour or so longer than Perth-Sydney-DFW-Houston.  But there's 8 hours or so sitting around in Doha.  Which isn't so bad, the lounge in Doha is excellent.  Don't know what the Perth-Narita is, but Narita-Houston is 14 hours.

You can go direct from Narita to Houston now?  I guess things change after 11 years.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2017, 01:16:39 pm »
And McCullers responds to the error by giving up a double off the wall...2-0, runners at 2B and 3B...