Author Topic: Angels @ Astros 9/25  (Read 5175 times)

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
Angels @ Astros 9/25
« on: September 25, 2016, 01:36:19 pm »
Musgrove pitched around a single and a double

Astros get three hits, but Altuves loafing end the inning after one run score.

Astros lead 1-0 after one.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
Re: Angels @ Astros 9/25
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 01:39:55 pm »
Gattis leads off the second with a home run. Astros up 2-0
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

MrKnuckleball

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 01:43:10 pm »
Do you think they let Castro walk after this season? Let Gattis catch next year? It obviously hasn't all been when he's catching but his offensive production is light years ahead of Castro. Defensively he isn't as good though..

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 01:47:05 pm »
Do you think they let Castro walk after this season? Let Gattis catch next year? It obviously hasn't all been when he's catching but his offensive production is light years ahead of Castro. Defensively he isn't as good though..

I don't think Gattis can handle catching everyday. They may let Castro walk, but Gattis everyday isn't the answer.

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 01:48:38 pm »

I suspect Castro is gone. Brass seems to like Stubbs but he may be not quite ready?

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 02:04:23 pm »
When it comes to hitting into a double play, Gurriel is a machine.

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 02:22:23 pm »
Is Rasmus hurt again?

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 02:26:46 pm »
how does everybody feel about Marisnick playing CF every day? Can they afford to not have more offensive production from that spot?

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2016, 02:30:29 pm »
how does everybody feel about Marisnick playing CF every day? Can they afford to not have more offensive production from that spot?

Don't everybody answer at once.

MrKnuckleball

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2016, 02:32:13 pm »
Congrats Kemp, first big fly.

WVastro

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2016, 02:37:37 pm »
Is Rasmus hurt again?

From what I can gather he's basically taken himself out of the lineup. Says he doesn't feel right and that other players will help the team win more than he can right now.

WVastro

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2016, 02:40:16 pm »

I would be thrilled to have Marisnick be the everyday centerfielder next season. If they can't overcome him hitting lightly in the nine spot then they likely will have bigger problems than Marisnick. It feels at times he saves a run a game with his glove.

MrKnuckleball

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2016, 02:48:06 pm »
When it comes to hitting into a double play, Gurriel is a machine.
Only three today.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2016, 03:00:00 pm »
Only three today.

He's gotten a bit of help from Springer.
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2016, 03:03:06 pm »
I would be thrilled to have Marisnick be the everyday centerfielder next season. If they can't overcome him hitting lightly in the nine spot then they likely will have bigger problems than Marisnick. It feels at times he saves a run a game with his glove.

I think the same thing...particularly having him  in  the lineup in MMP with the big CF. There is another board I take a peek at where the consensus is that he is nothing more than a late-inning defensive replacement.  Their thinking is that everything is HInch's fault and he is the biggest problem of course. I've called BS on both of those points.

MrKnuckleball

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2016, 03:05:20 pm »
He's gotten a bit of help from Springer.
For sure.

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2016, 06:20:38 pm »
I am actively rooting for this.
Up in the Air

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2016, 07:59:39 pm »
I am actively rooting for this.

It seems to me that with Bregman and Springer on the corners, and an infield of Gurriel, Correa, Altuve, and a 1B who doesn't take half the season off, they have plenty of offense to cover Marisnick's shortcomings. And there's nobody in the league who's a better defensive CF. A far more important question (on offense) is whether they can get at least league-average production out of their DH.
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

WVastro

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2016, 11:09:55 pm »
It seems to me that with Bregman and Springer on the corners, and an infield of Gurriel, Correa, Altuve, and a 1B who doesn't take half the season off, they have plenty of offense to cover Marisnick's shortcomings. And there's nobody in the league who's a better defensive CF. A far more important question (on offense) is whether they can get at least league-average production out of their DH.

I like Bregman at third and wouldn't mind seeing Gurriel at first (that creates an outstanding infield range-wise. Especially if they keep shifting everyone out of position every at bat). This makes Marwin the super uber-spiers sub he is. That leaves only LF. Cespedes...? Trade anyone else not needed for Sale and resign Castro.  Along with Gattis catcher is set. Plenty of people to cycle through the DH spot while Marwin gets regular at bats. I'll miss Valbuena though. He was very solid defensively and carried this team back in to contention this summer.

MrKnuckleball

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2016, 09:51:01 am »
I like Bregman at third and wouldn't mind seeing Gurriel at first (that creates an outstanding infield range-wise. Especially if they keep shifting everyone out of position every at bat). This makes Marwin the super uber-spiers sub he is. That leaves only LF. Cespedes...? Trade anyone else not needed for Sale and resign Castro.  Along with Gattis catcher is set. Plenty of people to cycle through the DH spot while Marwin gets regular at bats. I'll miss Valbuena though. He was very solid defensively and carried this team back in to contention this summer.
Edwin Encarnacion at DH would be okay with me. I'm going to miss Valbuena too. He was having a great year until the injury, I hope he does well wherever he lands in the offseason.

BlownRanger

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2016, 11:16:56 am »
I suspect Castro is gone. Brass seems to like Stubbs but he may be not quite ready?

Rogers (Tulane catcher; 3rd round draftee) was supposedly "major league ready" defensively.  He hit okay in the short season league, but struggled mightily in Low A.

"He hit that one right up the poop chute, Bill" - Enos Cabell

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Double Super Secret Pope
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2016, 11:33:16 am »
Rogers (Tulane catcher; 3rd round draftee) was supposedly "major league ready" defensively.  He hit okay in the short season league, but struggled mightily in Low A.

Stubbs was considered a high end college defender as well.  His smaller size may work against him though.
Goin' for a bus ride.