Author Topic: Roger Angell on "Most Important" Vote of His Lifetime  (Read 86363 times)

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
  • The goddamn Germans ain't got nothin to do with it
    • View Profile
Re: Roger Angell on "Most Important" Vote of His Lifetime
« Reply #3100 on: October 08, 2018, 11:29:19 am »
And...the right wing and left wing belong to the same bird.

MLK stated that if we can't learn to live together as brothers then we will perish together as fools.

This is 100 percent truth. I tend to lean a little liberal, but the money grubbing whoring and absolute disinterest in anything that doesn't involve personal gain from almost every current politician is fucking disgusting, and is just soul crushing from a human being that cares about the lives of other human beings.
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: October 08, 2018, 11:44:20 am »
This is 100 percent truth. I tend to lean a little liberal, but the money grubbing whoring and absolute disinterest in anything that doesn't involve personal gain from almost every current politician is fucking disgusting, and is just soul crushing from a human being that cares about the lives of other human beings.

So what species are Joe West and Angel Hernandez then?
Goin' for a bus ride.

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • The goddamn Germans ain't got nothin to do with it
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: October 08, 2018, 11:47:33 am »

Joe West is some form of bullfrog.

Angel Hernandez is only a small part human, and that part is known as "the asshole".
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das

Lefty

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: October 08, 2018, 12:16:53 pm »
Joe West is some form of bullfrog.

Angel Hernandez is only a small part human, and that part is known as "the asshole".

Baboon ass.
You may ask yourself, "How do I work this?"

Limey

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: October 11, 2018, 02:55:19 pm »

Joe West puts the "cunt" in "country".
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3105 on: October 11, 2018, 05:29:00 pm »
I never though (or hoped) that I'd live to see the day that someone talked more nonsense in the Oval Office than Trump.  And then it happened today.  With Trump watching.  Jeez.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

WVastro

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #3106 on: October 11, 2018, 05:43:20 pm »
I never though (or hoped) that I'd live to see the day that someone talked more nonsense in the Oval Office than Trump.  And then it happened today.  With Trump watching.  Jeez.

That’s just straight up mental illness. Sad to see regardless of who’s involved or what you think of his music. I hope he can get the help he needs without a media circus analyzing him. And for Trump to use him as a political prop...? This is one news story I’d be fine with if it disappeared tomorrow.

Navin R Johnson

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: October 11, 2018, 09:11:24 pm »
What an absolute embarrassment.  But remember that time Obama put his feet up on the desk.  Yet not a peep from the people who were mad at that,,,,weird.
There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: October 12, 2018, 07:05:58 am »
What an absolute embarrassment.  But remember that time Obama put his feet up on the desk.  Yet not a peep from the people who were mad at that,,,,weird.

Plus, the obvious hypocrisy of telling LeBron to shut up and dribble, and Taylor Swift to stay in her lane, but no one on the right is telling Kanye to STFU and go back to making records and shoes.

And, in respect of the Obamas, remember when the right had a terminal case of the vapors over the First Lady's exposed...shoulders?

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: October 12, 2018, 08:35:51 am »
So, U.S. resident, Washington Post journalist and outspoken critic of the new Saudi regime, Jamal Khashoggi, appears to have been lured to the Saudi embassy in Turkey, tortured, murdered, dismembered and disappeared.  Trump - shadowed by security clearance dropout Jared Kushner - has been trying to avoid doing the right thing about this because the Saudis are going to buy $110 billion in weapons from us and he doesn't want to lose such a valuable customer.

Setting aside the gaping wide window into Trump's amoral soul, here's a few things to note:

- Trump and, notably, Kushner have been cosying up to the new Saudi regime while it has been systematically arresting and/or disappearing opponents and critics alike;
- Kushner has taken multiple meetings with the new regime;
- Completely coincidentally, Saudis pumped $100 million into Kushner's failing real estate business;
- Saudi delegations have made a habit of staying in, and spending lavishly at, Trump's hotel in Washington;
- Trump's Manhattan hotel has been on a losing streak for a few years, but has been guaranteed a profitable 2018 by dint of the stay of a large Saudi contingent there earlier this year;
- The $110 billion arms deal is unlikely to be anywhere near that amount when it's all said and done; and
- The Saudis have little choice in weapons suppliers - they're not like hotel bathroom fittings that you can swap out on a whim, there is the whole issue of compatibility, parts, maintenance and training.

The Senate (both sides) sent a letter to Trump demanding action against Saudi Arabia, specifically written in the manner necessary to compel action under the Magnitsky Act - named after Sergei Magnitsky, a Russian dissenter who was arrested and subsequently died in Russian custody.  Trump is squealing now because, clearly, he doesn't want to do it.

Yet again, we have a situation Trump is flailing and failing to do his job because of personal greed.  The mid-terms are so important because we need a check on this rampant corruption.

[Correction: Saudi investment in Kushner Cos was only $100 million, not billion]
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 08:58:53 am by Limey »

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: October 12, 2018, 08:51:27 am »
So, U.S. resident, Washington Post journalist and outspoken critic of the new Saudi regime, Jamal Khashoggi, appears to have been lured to the Saudi embassy in Turkey, tortured, murdered, dismembered and disappeared.  Trump - shadowed by security clearance dropout Jared Kushner - has been trying to avoid doing the right thing about this because the Saudis are going to buy $110 billion in weapons from us and he doesn't want to lose such a valuable customer.

Setting aside the gaping wide window into Trump's amoral soul, here's a few things to note:

- Trump and, notably, Kushner have been cosying up to the new Saudi regime while it has been systematically arresting and/or disappearing opponents and critics alike;
- Completely coincidentally, Saudis pumped $100 billion into Kushner's failing real estate business;
- Saudi delegations have made a habit of staying in, and spending lavishly at, Trump's hotel in Washington;
- Trump's Manhattan hotel has been on a losing streak for a few years, but has been guaranteed a profitable 2018 by dint of the stay of a large Saudi contingent there earlier this year;
- The $110 billion arms deal is unlikely to be anywhere near that amount when it's all said and done; and
- The Saudis have little choice in weapons suppliers - they're not like hotel bathroom fittings that you can swap out on a whim, there is the whole issue of compatibility, parts, maintenance and training.

The Senate (both sides) sent a letter to Trump demanding action against Saudi Arabia, specifically written in the manner necessary to compel action under the Magnitsky Act - named after Sergei Magnitsky, a Russian dissenter who was arrested and subsequently died in Russian custody.  Trump is squealing now because, clearly, he doesn't want to do it.

Yet again, we have a situation Trump is flailing and failing to do his job because of personal greed.  The mid-terms are so important because we need a check on this rampant corruption.

Jack Ryan is going to be busy for years!!!
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: October 12, 2018, 09:26:33 am »
This exchange between a State Department official - "Mr. Palladino" and a reporter is hilarious (because it's fantastic when it finally dawns on Palladino that he's walked right into the reporter's trap) but also galling because it makes it so obvious about how completely the Trump administration is failing.  The ambassadorships are not unoccupied because of Democratic obstruction, Trump hasn't bothered to even nominate candidates.  We do not have ambassadors in South Korea, Saudi Arabia or Turkey, to name but three current vacancies.

Enjoy:

QUESTION: And then in terms of your high-level diplomatic talks, other than the calls you – other than the calls that you’ve read out here, presumably you have people on the ground in both Ankara, Istanbul – in Ankara, Istanbul, and Riyadh all pushing this, right?

MR PALLADINO: Our embassies overseas, absolutely.

QUESTION: Okay.

MR PALLADINO: Our diplomatic mission overseas.

QUESTION: Who again – what’s the name of the ambassador in Turkey right now?

MR PALLADINO: I don’t have that in front of me right now and I – Matt --

QUESTION: What’s the name of the ambassador in Saudi Arabia right now?

MR PALLADINO: I see what you’re getting at. Okay. We are confident in our diplomatic --

QUESTION: The answer is that you don’t have an ambassador in either place, right?

MR PALLADINO: We --

QUESTION: And in fact, the charge in Riyadh has now been nominated to be the ambassador to Yemen. So just is it correct that you do not have ambassadors in place in either Ankara or Riyadh?

MR PALLADINO: But we have diplomatic staff, senior diplomatic officials --

QUESTION: I’m sure you do.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: October 12, 2018, 09:28:04 am »

- Completely coincidentally, Saudis pumped $100 million into Kushner's failing real estate business;

[Correction: Saudi investment in Kushner Cos was only $100 million, not billion]

This is one of the most astonishing stories of our time.  The Saudis murdered an American journalist in a foreign country and nobody will hold them to task.  Combine that with Trump's lavish praise of autocrats in the Philippines, Turkey, Russia, and WSJ's endorsement of the Brazilian candidate, there is a growing trend of ennobling autocracy throughout the world, which used to be anathema to our democratic -- or in terms the right should understand "western" -- values.   

Not to mention supporting the Saudis in a genocidal war in Yemen.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 09:29:48 am by Bench »
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: October 12, 2018, 09:43:28 am »
This is one of the most astonishing stories of our time.  The Saudis murdered an American journalist in a foreign country and nobody will hold them to task.  Combine that with Trump's lavish praise of autocrats in the Philippines, Turkey, Russia, and WSJ's endorsement of the Brazilian candidate, there is a growing trend of ennobling autocracy throughout the world, which used to be anathema to our democratic -- or in terms the right should understand "western" -- values.   

Not to mention supporting the Saudis in a genocidal war in Yemen.

...while stacking the courts with "yes men" (and only men), attacking the independent press, demanding parades in your honor and elevating unqualified family members to positions of power.

Another funny-if-it-wasn't-so-scary thing this week was Trump suggesting that Ivanka is the most qualified candidate to be U.N. Ambassador, but he can't put her up for the job because it would be illegal under nepotism laws.  Presumably he discussed this whole nepotism thing with Ivanka and Jared when he walked a few feet down the corridor to their offices in the White House.

As for the Saudi war in Yemen, do you want those Yemeni killed by Russian weapons?  Or Chinese?  I think not!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2018, 09:46:52 am by Limey »

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: October 12, 2018, 10:48:00 am »
Meanwhile, ethical businesses and governments around the world are bailing on Prince Mohammed bin Salman's ego summit due to take place in Raiyadh in a couple of weeks.  Some, like grinning beardo Richard Branson, have cancelled investments and future collaboration.  In Branson's case, it was a $1 billion from Saudis in his Virgin Space project.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: October 15, 2018, 03:53:25 pm »
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

chuck

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: October 15, 2018, 04:16:54 pm »
The bitch keeps bitching, snitcher keeps snitching
Dropping names and telephone numbers and all

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: October 15, 2018, 04:32:24 pm »
FTC. Sorta has a ring to it.

Haha.  That’s awesome. 

Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
  • art is a bulwark against the irrationality of man
    • View Profile
I saw two shooting stars last night, I wished on them but they were only satellites. It's wrong to wish on space hardware. I wish, I wish, I wish you'd care.

Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
  • art is a bulwark against the irrationality of man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: October 15, 2018, 09:04:55 pm »
Com'on Ted
Fake news. It's only 650 miles from Fort Worth to a White Castle in St. Louis.
I saw two shooting stars last night, I wished on them but they were only satellites. It's wrong to wish on space hardware. I wish, I wish, I wish you'd care.