Author Topic: Texans 2019  (Read 6092 times)

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
Re: Texans 2019
« Reply #220 on: November 03, 2019, 11:35:19 am »
Good win by the Texans today.  Rest up.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

Lefty

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 03, 2019, 11:58:42 am »
0 penalties on the defense today, I believe.  Our new CB had a hell of a game.  Passrush finally showed up in the 2nd half, and they held Fournette to his fewest scrimmage yards of the year. 

I'll give BoB and the scouts a ton of credit:  I was totally wrong about Howard, thought he'd be a project.  He's by far the best rookie OL in the NFL.
You may ask yourself, "How do I work this?"

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 03, 2019, 12:05:00 pm »
0 penalties on the defense today, I believe.  Our new CB had a hell of a game.  Passrush finally showed up in the 2nd half, and they held Fournette to his fewest scrimmage yards of the year. 

I'll give BoB and the scouts a ton of credit:  I was totally wrong about Howard, thought he'd be a project.  He's by far the best rookie OL in the NFL.

Defense really stepped up in the second half.  I told Mrs. Hawk middle of the 4Q, "I can't remember the last time the Texans has a takeaway".  They proceeded to get four in the next eight plays. 
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

jbm

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 03, 2019, 12:50:19 pm »
Good win by the Texans today.  Rest up.
It was. I don’t follow the specific prognoses that closely, but I’d love to see those DBs, Tunsil and Fuller back. Need em all to make a playoff push. 

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 03, 2019, 06:58:51 pm »
Everyone else in the division lost today.

Bye week, then the Ravens followed by the Colts on a Thursday night.  That's going to be a big game!
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

hostros7

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: November 03, 2019, 07:13:36 pm »
Everyone else in the division lost today.

Bye week, then the Ravens followed by the Colts on a Thursday night.  That's going to be a big game!

The Thursday night affair could result in Brian Hoyer starting at NRG for the first time since he was on the wrong side of a 30-0 playoff game and, unfortunately, playing for the Texans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 04, 2019, 07:47:47 am »
The Thursday night affair could result in Brian Hoyer starting at NRG for the first time since he was on the wrong side of a 30-0 playoff game and, unfortunately, playing for the Texans.

Didn’t “Hoyer” become a verb with severely negative connotations?

If he does play against us, I bet he won’t Hoyer it up this time. 
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

jbm

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: Yesterday at 12:24:05 pm »
The NFL has no fucking balls. Just admit that sometimes officials can be dead wrong.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: Yesterday at 12:24:51 pm »
Ok, why even allow PI to be challenged if you're just going to spit in people's eyes when they challenge?
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

chuck

• Contributor
  • Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: Yesterday at 12:29:31 pm »
Just from my personal observation, it seems like the more MLB implements technology, the better the umpiring on the field gets. Sure, sometimes it's bad, sometimes it's terrible, but across the board it seems to be getting incrementally better.

The NFL is most definitely going in the other direction. I used to be pretty happy with the officiating week to week, whether I was watching games I was invested in or not. This year in particular, the officiating is worse than it has ever been that I can remember. The more they implement technology, the worse it gets.

It's at the point where it's nearing NBA level bad, and that means unwatchably bad.
Y todo lo que sube baja
pregúntale a Pedro Navaja

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: Yesterday at 01:48:36 pm »
I'm not sure Watson is going to survive this game.
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: Yesterday at 02:22:44 pm »
I'm not sure Watson is going to survive this game.

Glad I’m not watching. Sounds like the Texans were never even in this one.

hostros7

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: Yesterday at 08:02:39 pm »
Glad I’m not watching. Sounds like the Texans were never even in this one.

Our offense genius head coach seemed surprised that the Ravens blitzed early and often and had no scheme to offset or counteract it. Of course, the Texans were coming off a bye and the ravens blitz more than any other team in the league, so draw whatever conclusions you see fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk