Author Topic: Opposing fans  (Read 1288 times)

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
Opposing fans
« on: September 21, 2016, 06:13:56 pm »
So we joked the other night about MMPUS being full of Ranger fans, but this game in Seattle is nothing but Jays fans. I don't mean there are a lot of them, I mean that's all there are.  It's like a home postseason game for them there in Seattle.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

AstroNut

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
Re: Opposing fans
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2016, 06:22:24 pm »
Watching that...Incredible...Go Fuckin' M's !
Playoffs...Did you say playoffs !

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 07:06:31 pm »

Tough inning for Donaldson: throwing error puts the lead-off guy on 2nd, great throw to 3rd by the 1st baseman but Donaldson can't hold the ball on the tag (runner would have been out), and Cano wins the game with a sac fly.
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2016, 10:11:51 pm »
Funny, I was hoping the Jays would win, since the Astros are closer to the Orioles now, and the M's are still in it.
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

WVastro

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 11:27:12 pm »
Funny, I was hoping the Jays would win, since the Astros are closer to the Orioles now, and the M's are still in it.

I might be wrong.. but don't look in the rear view mirror. Every loss that's "in front of the Astros" is for the best.

Lefty

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2016, 11:46:59 pm »
All of Canada are Jays fans and Seattle is the only chance the west coasters have to see a game.
You may ask yourself, "How do I work this?"

jbm

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 08:45:56 am »
I might be wrong.. but don't look in the rear view mirror. Every loss that's "in front of the Astros" is for the best.
I kind of went back and forth, but this logic is sound.  They still have three left with the seashits, so knocking them out is under their control.

MrKnuckleball

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 10:25:38 am »
How many Angels fans will be at MMP tonight?

ValpoCory

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2016, 01:34:46 pm »
So we joked the other night about MMPUS being full of Ranger fans, but this game in Seattle is nothing but Jays fans. I don't mean there are a lot of them, I mean that's all there are.  It's like a home postseason game for them there in Seattle.

I took my family on a side trip into Toronto after visiting Niagara Falls this summer.  We stayed at the Renaissance Hotel in the Rogers Centre outfield and went to a game.  I was impressed by the Blue Jays fans.   It was much like this Safeco Field crowd.  Everyone is blue Blue Jays jerseys, with a few red ones sprinkled in.  It was fun to be around that atmosphere outside the stadium and walking to the game.  Lots of energy. 

The stadium is not one of my favorites though, apart from looking up at the insane CN Tower EdgeWalkers watching the game from way up there.