Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Double Super Secret Pope
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
Re: Rumors
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 10:54:34 am »

I wish we had some on Luhnow's plan.

He has been remarkably capable of keeping a lid on his plans.
Goin' for a bus ride.

Jacksonian

• Contributor
  • Double Super Secret Pope
  • Anonymous Source
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 10:55:41 am »

If he's trying to get Chapman I'd look to Cincy for rumors.
Goin' for a bus ride.

doyce7

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 11:14:47 am »

I feel like any moment something big will happen.

The Spleen

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 12:37:21 pm »
If he's trying to get Chapman I'd look to Cincy for rumors.

I'd look to St. Louis.
When the Clark is dead, Spack will eat his spleen. Before he dies, Spack will put his posts under the knife so the Clark will see his threads wiped out forever...

roadrunner

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 02:27:49 pm »
I may be making this up, but isn't there some bad blood between Luhnow/Jocketty from their St. Louis days?  Both are obviously professionals who hopefully can look past this to get a deal done (if there is a deal to be done).

homer

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2015, 03:38:38 pm »
I think it was a joke about the jakes hacking the astros.
Oye. Vamos, vamos.

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2015, 04:14:10 pm »
I think it was a joke about the jakes hacking the astros.
That was a joke, but also, Jocketty is now the Reds GM and yes, I think he and Luhnow didn't like each other.
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

WVastro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2015, 05:46:56 pm »
That was a joke, but also, Jocketty is now the Reds GM and yes, I think he and Luhnow didn't like each other.

Jocketty is no longer the GM:

http://www.usnews.com/news/sports/articles/2015/11/04/reds-promote-williams-to-gm-as-part-of-succession-plan

But my understanding is that he's still heavily involved.

I still think Chapman would make a #1 starter but that ship has obviously sailed.

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2015, 02:07:01 pm »
Jocketty is no longer the GM:

http://www.usnews.com/news/sports/articles/2015/11/04/reds-promote-williams-to-gm-as-part-of-succession-plan

But my understanding is that he's still heavily involved.

I still think Chapman would make a #1 starter but that ship has obviously sailed.
GM, President of Baseball Operations, same thing. He is the guy who makes the big deals, same as Theo Epstein with the Cubs and Billy Beane with the A's and Dombrowski with Boston.

I saw this on MLBTR a few days ago:
"Peter Gammons of MLB Network and GammonsDaily.com now reports that four people have insisted to him this morning that (Aroldis) Chapman will be traded by the end of the coming weekend"

...haven't heard a peep about Chapman since then. The Red Sox getting Kimbrel obviously removes them as a suitor.

If Luhnow is going to do a multiple-players-for-one-guy deal, this week is the time to do it, before they have to set the 40-man roster for the purposes of the Rule 5 Draft.
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

WVastro

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2015, 10:22:10 pm »
GM, President of Baseball Operations, same thing. He is the guy who makes the big deals, same as Theo Epstein with the Cubs and Billy Beane with the A's and Dombrowski with Boston.

I saw this on MLBTR a few days ago:
"Peter Gammons of MLB Network and GammonsDaily.com now reports that four people have insisted to him this morning that (Aroldis) Chapman will be traded by the end of the coming weekend"

...haven't heard a peep about Chapman since then. The Red Sox getting Kimbrel obviously removes them as a suitor.

If Luhnow is going to do a multiple-players-for-one-guy deal, this week is the time to do it, before they have to set the 40-man roster for the purposes of the Rule 5 Draft.

Sorry. Wasn't trying to contradict but just saying technically he's not the "GM" anymore. Being a GM ain't what it used to be.

I would love to see Chapman given a starter role. His contract and asking price become a bargain if he's the top of the staff ace that I think he still could be. Regardless, that ship has sailed