Author Topic: In-game dynamic; Astros-Angels  (Read 1218 times)

das

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
    • Faith Home Ministries
In-game dynamic; Astros-Angels
« on: July 31, 2015, 09:14:34 am »
After watching all three games, I thought it interesting the interactions between both teams during the series. Lots of friendly banter and pats on the back at the plate, on the bases, after a hard slide, etc...  I don't remember ever seeing it to this degree.  Did I imagine that?
Another trenchant comment by a jealous lesser intellect.

subnuclear

• Pope
    • View Profile
Re: In-game dynamic; Astros-Angels
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 09:20:57 am »
No. I saw Aybar (I think) try to use Valbuena's uniform as a towel to wipe dirt off his uniform. Valbuena gave him a look, but smiled like he got the joke.

jbm

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 09:34:24 am »
The said dipshit (Pujols) gave Valbuena a first baseman's mitt so he could play first.  Found that anecdote surprising on many levels.

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 09:42:29 am »
Was the picture of Pujols hugging Altuve taken in this series?  It's got to be one of the classic baseball photos.
"I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing... as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”  Charles Grassley

roadrunner

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 09:44:19 am »
It's only funny because every media outlet puts the matchup in a "rivarly" context.  Like "The Astros take on their division rivals."  etc.  Just feels forced, whereas the stuff with Arlington feels a little more natural.

NeilT

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 09:45:40 am »
Arlington or Seattle.  I hate those bastards.
"I think not having the estate tax recognizes the people that are investing... as opposed to those that are just spending every darn penny they have, whether it’s on booze or women or movies.”  Charles Grassley

Nate in IA

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • To the stars...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 10:05:18 am »
I think it's a testament to the two team's makeup.   I think they are two teams who genuinely have fun playing this game and don't take themselves too seriously.