Author Topic: 2015 Road to Omaha  (Read 10933 times)

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
2015 Road to Omaha
« on: May 31, 2015, 05:26:42 pm »
Coogs step on their dicks in the 9th...unearned run on a squeeze ties it up, UL has winning run on 2B with one out.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 Road to Omaha
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 05:28:09 pm »
Coog get another nubber back to the mount that should have been the fourth out, but can't get anyone.  Bases loaded 1 out.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 05:31:01 pm »
Pitcher drills the batter in the back for a walk off HBP and the choke is complete.  Cougars lose 2-1.  They'll have to fight through Rice and UL twice tomorrow. 

Shitfuck. 

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 07:29:47 pm »
Pitcher drills the batter in the back for a walk off HBP and the choke is complete.  Cougars lose 2-1.  They'll have to fight through Rice and UL twice tomorrow. 

Shitfuck. 

I feel your pain. How the fuck did the Owls blow a 4-run 9th-inning lead on Friday? Answer: by walking the first three batters of the inning. I'm sure Graham had a few choice words for the team after that debacle.
I remember all the good times me 'n Miller enjoyed
Up and down the M1 in some luminous yo-yo toy
But the future has to change - and to change I've got to destroy
Oh look out Lennon here I come - land ahoy-hoy-hoy

Nate Colbert

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 09:13:20 pm »
Aggies in extras for the 2nd straight day vs Cal.

jbm

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 09:34:10 pm »
These have been fantastic games.

jbm

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2015, 09:40:45 pm »
Fucking Villar running for the Golden Bears makes the final out. Aggies prevail.

hostros7

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2015, 10:25:39 pm »
Is espn really going to show the first inning of this UCLA game rather than the UH/Rice late innings? Guess I have to fire the laptop up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2015, 10:57:29 pm »
Is espn really going to show the first inning of this UCLA game rather than the UH/Rice late innings? Guess I have to fire the laptop up

UH/Rice tied 2-2 headed to the bottom of the 9th.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2015, 11:06:45 pm »
Cougars strand the winning run...again. Extra frames at Cougar Field.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2015, 12:55:00 am »
Cougars and Owls are still 2-2 in the 16th.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2015, 12:57:43 am »
Holy Hell, will the Coogs just win already!
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2015, 01:04:23 am »
Holy Hell, will the Coogs just win already!

Things got a little chippy after the demonstration at 2B and the play at the plate. Bro in law had to get out and get his guy back into the dugout.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2015, 01:07:19 am »
Things got a little chippy after the demonstration at 2B and the play at the plate. Bro in law had to get out and get his guy back into the dugout.

definitely no love lost between these two.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2015, 01:09:40 am »
definitely no love lost between these two.

Well you can't start break dancing when you reach 2B and not expect to hear a few choice words when you get thrown out at the plate by 20 feet.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2015, 01:12:02 am »
Well you can't start break dancing when you reach 2B and not expect to hear a few choice words when you get thrown out at the plate by 20 feet.

I haven't been watching. got a little superstitious after the last game.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2015, 01:13:41 am »
Cougars have played 25 innings today and have scratched out 3 runs.  Two of them on solo home runs.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2015, 01:15:28 am »
Cougars have played 25 innings today and have scratched out 3 runs.  Two of them on solo home runs.

and their pitching gave up only 4 runs in those innings. 

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2015, 01:15:47 am »
One of these teams, who've played almost three games today already, have to play again in less than 12 hours.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2015, 01:16:38 am »
One of these teams, who've played almost three games today already, have to play again in less than 12 hours.

i was thinking about that too.  Plus, I can't imagine going to sleep after winning this game.  Can you imagine how amped up you would be?

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2015, 01:16:58 am »
and their pitching gave up only 4 runs in those innings.

Which would be something to brag about if they were 2-0 on the day. But they're not.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2015, 01:18:48 am »
i was thinking about that too.  Plus, I can't imagine going to sleep after winning this game.  Can you imagine how amped up you would be?

When I was 19-20?  I'd be like "fuck yeah...let's go again right now!"

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2015, 01:20:07 am »
Which would be something to brag about if they were 2-0 on the day. But they're not.

the coogs should have been 1-0 for the day but.... they aren't.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2015, 01:24:24 am »
the coogs should have been 1-0 for the day but.... they aren't.

And both runs in the first game were unearned, and at least one in this is. That's 1 earned run in now 26 innings.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2015, 01:26:43 am »
And both runs in the first game were unearned, and at least one in this is. That's 1 earned run in now 26 innings.

last time Whitting was in the office he said they needed pitching.  I think he found his pitching so far, if only he could find their bats.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2015, 01:28:12 am »
On to the 18th...that's 27 innings today for both these teams, and not done yet. Even Ernie Banks never said "let's play three!"

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2015, 01:29:45 am »
last time Whitting was in the office he said they needed pitching.  I think he found his pitching so far, if only he could find their bats.

They're gonna need it if they get to tomorrow. They just said it was the 500th pitch of this game.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2015, 01:30:07 am »

and they are in the top of the 9th now.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2015, 01:32:19 am »
and I'm pretty sure that is Whitting's wife I hear.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2015, 01:34:27 am »
Ian Rice has got to feel like jello.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2015, 01:35:53 am »
Cougars with three errors now in the 18th. Go ahead run at 3B with 2 out.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2015, 01:36:41 am »
campbell (the dh) is the other regular catcher.  between him and vidalis I'm thinking those boys are getting tired.

and the UCLA game is over.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2015, 01:37:23 am »
Cougars with three errors now in the 18th. Go ahead run at 3B with 2 out.

the boxscore showed 4.  not sure what is right

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2015, 01:39:46 am »
the boxscore showed 4.  not sure what is right

Four on the night, only three that inning.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2015, 01:42:04 am »
I'm going to bed.

Eat 'Em Up!!!

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2015, 01:42:11 am »
Four on the night, only three that inning.

ah, that's kind of the way they lost to ULL.

Oh well, onto the 19th and I bet Campbell catches tomorrow.

Nate Colbert

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2015, 02:00:58 am »
Rice scores a run in T20 and starts acting like it's a walkoff.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2015, 02:04:22 am »

it would make me very happy if they lose.  i understand being excited but they were ALL around home plate.  Well, the Coogs just need to score 2 runs and I can go to bed.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2015, 07:54:42 am »

They're college kids. Their dicks get hard when the wind blows, and they celebrate everything,especially a run in the 20th inning of a tournament game. Cut them a *little* slack.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 01, 2015, 03:27:45 pm »
Trailing 4-2 in the 7th, Rice had the bases loaded and nobody out.  They didn't score:  strikeout, 3-2 FC, F8. 

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 01, 2015, 03:58:34 pm »
Rice has runners at 2B and 3B with one out in the 8th, and can't plate one.  That's five at bats failing to hit a ball out of the infield with RISP.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2015, 04:18:20 pm »
Rice goes down 5-2.  They got 11 hits, but only hit the pay station twice.  ULL will face LSU in the Super.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 01, 2015, 07:43:55 pm »
Rice goes down 5-2.  They got 11 hits, but only hit the pay station twice.  ULL will face LSU in the Super.

Frankly, I'm surprised they got this far. This year's team has been weird in their ability to underachieve. Sort of like Texas.

Nate Colbert

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 01, 2015, 07:53:55 pm »
A&M vs Cal, part III: Ags up 1-0 in the B5.

Also TCU trailing NC State early and DBU losing to VCU 3-1 in the B8.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2015, 07:56:16 pm »
Vandy won 21-0.  I hate games like that, even when it is my team that is doing the scoring.

Nate Colbert

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2015, 08:17:20 pm »
VCU wins. ESPN saying just the 5th time in 17 years a #4 seed has advanced to the supers.

Nate Colbert

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2015, 09:44:55 pm »
Aggies advance while things are looking bleak for the Horned Frogs.

jbm

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2015, 09:55:00 pm »
I was thinking it was O for Texas, then I remembered the Aggies were from Texas.

Nate Colbert

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2015, 11:02:12 pm »
Helluva comeback by TCU and they'll host Ags in Super Regional.

jbm

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2015, 11:06:03 pm »
Those never say die Horn Frogs.

JJxvi

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2015, 11:49:46 pm »
I've seen some crazy things on baseball diamonds, but I'm not sure I've ever seen a more total entire team collapse in a big game than this.

TCU - Bottom of 8th
J. Olczak pitching for NC State
C. Wanhanen safe at first on error by second baseman R. Willard.
E. Skoug flied out to left.
D Odell safe at first on error by second baseman R. Willard, C. Wanhanen to third.
N. Brown struck out swinging.
K Jones walked, D Odell to second.
G Crain reached on infield single to shortstop, C. Wanhanen scored, D Odell to third, K Jones to second.
T. DeJuneas relieved J. Olczak.
D. Steinhagen walked, D Odell scored, K Jones to third, G Crain to second.
K Jones scored, G Crain to third, D. Steinhagen to second on balk by T. DeJuneas.
C Jones walked.
T. Orwig relieved T. DeJuneas.
J Fagnan singled to left, G Crain and D. Steinhagen scored, C Jones to second, C Jones to third, J Fagnan to second on throwing error by left fielder J. McLain.
T. DeJuneas in left field.
C Jones scored, J Fagnan to third on passed ball by A. Knizner.
E. Barzilli walked.
E. Barzilli stole second.
E. Skoug flied out to right.   
6 Runs, 2 Hits, 3 Errors, NC State 8, TCU 7

TCU - Bottom of 9th
T Orwig pitching for NC State
D Odell singled to left.
N. Brown sacrificed to third, D Odell to second.
D Odell to third on balk by T. Orwig.
K Jones struck out swinging, K Jones safe at first on passed ball by A. Knizner, D Odell scored.
C Britt relieved T. Orwig.
G Crain flied out to center.
K Jones caught stealing second, catcher to shortstop.   
1 Run, 1 Hit, 0 Errors, NC State 8, TCU 8

TCU - Bottom of 10th
C Britt pitching for NC State
E. Williams singled to center.
E. Williams safe at second on throwing error by pitcher C Britt.
C Jones walked.
J Fagnan sacrificed to pitcher, E. Williams to third, C Jones to second.
E. Barzilli singled to right, E. Williams scored, C Jones to third.
1 Runs, 2 Hits, 1 Errors, TCU 9, NC State 8 FINAL

So they scored 8 runs on 4 hits, 5 walks,  4 errors including a botched pickoff throw, 2 passed balls, and 2 balks. Brutal.

Nate Colbert

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2015, 02:31:06 am »
Conference breakdown of final 16:

5 SEC
4 ACC
2 B1G
1 BIG 12
1 Atlantic 10
1 MVC
1 Big West
1 Sun Belt
0 PAC 12

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2015, 04:33:25 am »
I've seen some crazy things on baseball diamonds, but I'm not sure I've ever seen a more total entire team collapse in a big game than this.

So they scored 8 runs on 4 hits, 5 walks,  4 errors including a botched pickoff throw, 2 passed balls, and 2 balks. Brutal.

A good friend of mine is a dad of one of the NC State pitchers who pitched in that inning. I so felt for him.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2015, 07:19:31 am »

I still don't know what the kid did wrong on that 9th inning balk. I guess they said he broke his hands before stepping off, but I sure thought he stepped off first. TCU might have scored anyway given how NC State was melting down, but that call sure didn't help things.

jbm

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2015, 07:46:44 am »
I still don't know what the kid did wrong on that 9th inning balk. I guess they said he broke his hands before stepping off, but I sure thought he stepped off first. TCU might have scored anyway given how NC State was melting down, but that call sure didn't help things.

I agree.  Wasn't watching super closely, but I found it baffling.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2015, 10:04:32 am »

At first, I though they called it for bringing his hand to his mouth, but he clearly was not touching the rubber.  I think the balk was called for moving his left foot before stepping off with his right.  The replay from CF doesn't show anything, but then the runner is somewhat in the way.  The replay from behind home plate doesn't add much clarity.  The ump must have seen, or thought see saw, something, even just a little twitch in the knee.  Either way, that was the ticky-tackiest of all ticky tacky calls, no matter what though.  In no way was the pitcher trying to deceive the baserunner.  I hate procedural calls like that in such crucial situations when the play did not violate the spirit of the rule and possibly not even the letter. 

Nate Colbert

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2015, 10:24:14 am »
Although the series are staggered, super regionals play begins Fri @ 11 AM and ends Mon. All games with be televised on ESPNU or ESPN2. Matchups and draft prospects (guys likely to go in the top 5 rounds) to look for:

Series starting Friday

Florida vs Florida State

DJ Stewart (FSU), Richie Martin (UF), Harrison Bader (UF)

VCU vs Miami

Andrew Suarez (MIA), David Thompson (MIA)

Missouri State vs Arkansas

Andrew Benintendi (ARK), Jon Harris (MSU), Tate Matheny (MSU)

Maryland vs Virginia

Nathan Kirby (UV), Joe McCarthy (UV), Josh Sborz (UV), Brandon Lowe (UM), Alex Robinson (UM)

Series starting Saturday

ULL vs LSU

Alex Bregman (LSU), Andrew Stevenson (LSU), Blake Trahan (ULL)

A&M vs TCU

Alex Young (TCU), Riley Ferrell (TCU), Mitchell Traver (TCU), Grayson Long (A&M)

Vandy vs Illinois

Dansby Swanson (VU), Carson Fulmer (VU), Walker Buehler (VU), Rhett Wiseman (VU), Tyler Jay (ILL), Kevin Duchene (ILL)

Cal State Fullerton vs Louisville

Thomas Eshelman (CSF), Kyle Funkhouser (UL)

Nate Colbert

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 09, 2015, 03:54:55 am »
Conference breakdown of final 16:

5 SEC
4 ACC
2 B1G
1 BIG 12
1 Atlantic 10
1 MVC
1 Big West
1 Sun Belt
0 PAC 12

As for the CWS-bound:

4 SEC
2 ACC
1 BIG 12
1 Big West

Uncle Charlie

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 09, 2015, 12:46:29 pm »
As for the CWS-bound:

4 SEC
2 ACC
1 BIG 12
1 Big West

Bracket - http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-bracket/baseball/d1

Heart breaker for the Ags last night, but the better team won....looking forward to the LSU/TCU match-up.
The test of a true champion is how he reacts to adversity on days when it is bound to come.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2015, 01:04:19 pm »
I'll take Vandy for the win.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2015, 01:18:20 pm »

You're on. I like my LSU Tigers.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

jbm

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2015, 01:20:14 pm »

Interesting.  I finally looked at the bracket and IMO, it is pretty screwed up.  The Vandy, CSU, LSU, TCU side looks far superior to me.  I am looking forward to all the games in that bracket.  I think CSF can take Vandy in game 1 with Eshelman vs. Fulmer, even though Vandy is a deeper team.  TCU will have trouble with the LSU hurler in game 1, but TCU is as good as the rest IMO.  I'll stick with the Texas school.

College baseball in June is cool, expecially with Astros' draft picks still playing. 

Kit

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2015, 12:11:03 pm »
(thanks for the breakdown of game Nate) Really looking forward to seeing Eshelman pitch for CSF.
Remember Jesus Alou being called out of the 1st base coaching box to pinch-hit a double vs. the Reds in '79 I think, to win a crucial game, and he patted Morgan on top of the head (ala Benny Hill w/the little bald guy) and Little Joe got pissed.....yeah,that was great.

Nate Colbert

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 14, 2015, 07:59:39 pm »
(thanks for the breakdown of game Nate) Really looking forward to seeing Eshelman pitch for CSF.

Currently on the hill--shutting out Vandy thru 2 and change.

jbm

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2015, 08:52:03 pm »
One of the enjoyable things about the CWS is Kyle Peterson as an analyst. Boone is good also, but Peterson's analysis is a step above what I normally hear.

jbm

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2015, 09:19:09 pm »
Right after I type this, the announcers start with this "he's major league ready" nonsense.  He's a very good college pitcher, but there's a huge gap from college to MLB.

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 14, 2015, 10:29:20 pm »
Right after I type this, the announcers start with this "he's major league ready" nonsense.  He's a very good college pitcher, but there's a huge gap from college to MLB.

I'm not sure they are wrong about this guy. With his control and command he could move very fast. I could see him in Houston next year.

Nate Colbert

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2015, 03:12:43 pm »
Vandy just scored 3 in the B9 to get the win over CSF.

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2015, 05:51:40 pm »
Vandy just scored 3 in the B9 to get the win over CSF.
Looks like they caught a huge break with the rain suspending the game for a day and forcing Eshelman out. Had pitched 5 2/3 scoreless with 4 H, 0 BB, 8 K.
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2015, 05:56:48 pm »
Looks like they caught a huge break with the rain suspending the game for a day and forcing Eshelman out. Had pitched 5 2/3 scoreless with 4 H, 0 BB, 8 K.

Yes, they did.

Nate Colbert

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2015, 10:45:19 pm »
UVA becomes first ACC team in 60 years to take CWS title. 

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2015, 08:49:56 am »
UVA becomes first ACC team in 60 years to take CWS title.

The three schools with the most CWS appearances without a title...all ACC:  Florida State (21), Clemson (12), North Carolina (10). 

Congrats to the Cavs. 

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2015, 08:55:48 am »
The three schools with the most CWS appearances without a title...all ACC:  Florida State (21), Clemson (12), North Carolina (10). 

Congrats to the Cavs.

Mike Martin has been at Florida State for most of those years. He's been there about 35 years IIRC.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2015, 08:59:39 am »
Mike Martin has been at Florida State for most of those years. He's been there about 35 years IIRC.

Since 1980, so just completed his 36th season.  His teams have made 15 CWS appearances. 

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2015, 09:25:40 am »
Since 1980, so just completed his 36th season.  His teams have made 15 CWS appearances.

I met him out at Florida State for a game between LSU and the Seminoles back in 1986. Skip Bertman introduced us. He's a great coach. He's just been unlucky in my opinion.

austro

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 25, 2015, 07:41:54 pm »
I met him out at Florida State for a game between LSU and the Seminoles back in 1986. Skip Bertman introduced us. He's a great coach. He's just been unlucky in my opinion.

A remarkable number of things have to go your way to win a CWS title.

Lefty

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2015, 12:43:41 am »
A remarkable number of things have to go your way to win a CWS title.
Yep, I'm actually pretty surprised that FSU has never won one.  Didn't know that, I just assumed they did.
You may ask yourself, "How do I work this?"