Author Topic: Pretty darn cool...  (Read 859 times)

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Pretty darn cool...
« on: May 25, 2014, 10:54:04 pm »
Conrad Gregor, a Houston Astros prospect currently playing for the Quad Cities River Bandits, unintentionally gave a souvenir to his father, who was attending Saturday's game.

http://deadspin.com/astros-prospects-first-home-run-of-season-caught-by-his-1581384592?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

And though not nearly that cool, I ended up with a decent souvenir this weekend as well...
http://twitter.com/StreetJL/status/470769505203802112/photo/1
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

jbm

• Pope
    • View Profile
Re: Pretty darn cool...
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2014, 11:01:45 pm »
Your souvenir is pretty damn cool; Mr. Gregor's is super freaking cool.  A truly bizarre story.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 02:36:09 am »
Your souvenir is pretty damn cool; Mr. Gregor's is super freaking cool.  A truly bizarre story.

Indeed. However, that begs the question: How did you get the ball?
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2014, 12:44:21 pm »
Indeed. However, that begs the question: How did you get the ball?

Cash, of course... (Pretty sure the dude needed weed money...).
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2014, 02:41:21 pm »
Cash, of course... (Pretty sure the dude needed weed money...).

It doesn't matter. All that matters is that you were there, got the ball and got King George to sign it.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

OregonStrosFan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 03:13:29 pm »
It doesn't matter. All that matters is that you were there, got the ball and got King George to sign it.

I'm glad Springer cranked 2 HRs that day...  Tried to buy the first one (actually, I was going to see if whoever ended up with it would trade me for an inexpensive SEA autographed ball from the team store), but it had found its way to a little 4-5 year old boy, and didn't have the heart to even try to take it off his hands... Fortunately, he hit a second one (which was easy enough to obtain).  Now if only Altuve had hit one out as well...

All in all, a very fun couple of games to go to!!!