Author Topic: Singleton interview  (Read 1338 times)

Fynn

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
Singleton interview
« on: March 03, 2014, 10:36:39 pm »
Jon had the first really in depth interview that I am aware of about his weed habit....interesting to learn that last year he dropped the weed and then substituted alcohol during the season, after which he stopped drinking prior to winter ball.  Really tough to play highly rated baseball with dependence issues, though I know some really great players have.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/20140303_ap_46c2dd6f8c9040d7b9462a184c6cb1da.html

Ebby Calvin

• Contributor
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
Re: Singleton interview
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 11:09:25 pm »
Thanks for posting.  I'm rooting for him.
Don't think twice, it's alright.

Nate Colbert

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 11:25:30 pm »
Yeah, I hope for his sake he's able to overcome this.

(Interesting that it was the AP writer Kristie Rieken who was able to get this interview and not one of the beat writers--kudos to her).

Fynn

• Roster Filler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 11:30:09 pm »
Wonder if rehab centers will be the next boom in Colorado and Washington.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2014, 06:37:48 am »
Wonder if rehab centers will be the next boom in Colorado and Washington.

Having been a resident in four different rehab centers years ago for drugs, including marijuana, I fear that your words are prescient. In my opinion, this relaxed treatment of a drug that is too easy to abuse is a race to the bottom that will be the ruination of some people. And please don't tell me that marijuana can't be abused, because I DID it.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

Col. Sphinx Drummond

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Illuminati
  • art is a bulwark against the irrationality of man
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2014, 07:08:24 pm »
Having been a resident in four different rehab centers years ago for drugs, including marijuana, I fear that your words are prescient. In my opinion, this relaxed treatment of a drug that is too easy to abuse is a race to the bottom that will be the ruination of some people. And please don't tell me that marijuana can't be abused, because I DID it.

What can't be abused? It's not the pill or drink or line or joint, it's the sickness. Some people can indulge in things without going overboard, others can't. Some people know when to stop, others don't.
Everyone's talking, few of them know
The rest are pretending, they put on a show
And if there's a message I guess this is it
Truth isn't easy, the easy part's shit