Author Topic: rangers on 77 and espn i  (Read 2757 times)

Fredia

• Pope
  • Looking forward
    • View Profile
rangers on 77 and espn i
« on: April 18, 2012, 05:35:57 pm »
i need some mac and cheese so not fair
forever is composed entirely of nows

Gizzmonic

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
  • Space City Carbohydrate
    • View Profile
Re: rangers on 77 and espn i
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 02:38:36 pm »
San Antonio and Austin Time Warner people need to make their presence felt.

Time Warner has been my cable provider and ISP for almost my entire adult life.  I just ditched them because they aren't carrying the Astros.  I made that very clear to them.  Cable has much more bandwidth available and there's no excuse why they can't run the Rangers, Astros, and Spurs at the same time.
Grab another Coke and let's die

Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 11:28:46 am »

Time Warner has been my cable provider and ISP for almost my entire adult life.  I just ditched them because they aren't carrying the Astros.  I made that very clear to them.  Cable has much more bandwidth available and there's no excuse why they can't run the Rangers, Astros, and Spurs at the same time.

In the Southern California area there are two separate Fox Sports channels back to back. On one of them they show the Lakers, Dodgers and Kings and on the other one they show the Angels, Ducks and maybe the Clippers.  I don't understand why they don't just do that for Texas.

Mr. Happy

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • It's a beautiful day; let's play two
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 11:33:36 am »
In the Southern California area there are two separate Fox Sports channels back to back. On one of them they show the Lakers, Dodgers and Kings and on the other one they show the Angels, Ducks and maybe the Clippers.  I don't understand why they don't just do that for Texas.

That's just **too** easy. You see, the cable companies enjoy fucking with their customers, which is why I have DirecTV.
People who cannot recognize a palpable absurdity are very much in the way of civilization. Agnes Rupellier

Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius

Ebby Calvin

• Contributor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 11:34:54 am »

On Uverse (in Houston) I get FS-Southwest and FS-Dallas, so Astros and Rangers are often run simultaneously.  That it's not offered state-wide is pretty lame.
Don't think twice, it's alright.

Limey

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 11:42:04 am »
On Uverse (in Houston) I get FS-Southwest and FS-Dallas, so Astros and Rangers are often run simultaneously.  That it's not offered state-wide is pretty lame.

Statewide?  Shit.  U-Verse isn't even offered citywide.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

Gizzmonic

• Space City Carbohydrate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 12:36:44 pm »
In the Southern California area there are two separate Fox Sports channels back to back. On one of them they show the Lakers, Dodgers and Kings and on the other one they show the Angels, Ducks and maybe the Clippers.  I don't understand why they don't just do that for Texas.

They need to save bandwidth for 50 different home shopping/religious channels.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 01:06:45 pm by Gizzmonic »
Grab another Coke and let's die

MRaup

• Fantasy Team Owner
  • Double Super Secret Pope
  • The goddamn Germans ain't got nothin to do with it
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 02:13:39 pm »

I have the same choices in Austin.
"Terrorists, Sam. They've taken over my stomach and they're demanding beer." - Norm.

"Your words yield destruction, sorrow and are meant just to hate and hurt..." - Das

94CougarGrad

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 09:56:31 pm »
I miss U-verse. DirecTv ain't been too bad to us, but U-verse had a crazy amount of channels (I could watch the Coogs and the Astros virtually anytime they played) and damn near unlimited dvr-ing.
And, by the way, f*** off. --Mr. Happy, with a tip of the cap to JimR
Y'know, either you're a fan or you aren't. And if you aren't, get the f*** outta here, because we are and you're just in the way. --Ron Brand

BizidyDizidy

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 09:57:22 pm »
I miss U-verse. DirecTv ain't been too bad to us, but U-verse had a crazy amount of channels (I could watch the Coogs and the Astros virtually anytime they played) and damn near unlimited dvr-ing.

When don't you get the stros in Denton?
"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people."
  -  Orson Welles

94CougarGrad

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 10:00:06 pm »
When don't you get the stros in Denton?

Getting the Astros on the tube isn't as much of an issue now as getting the Coogs is. Or the Rockets. I almost always get the Astros on tv, but every once in a while we suffer from "There's Another Baseball Team in Texas Besides the Rangers?"-itis.
Y'know, either you're a fan or you aren't. And if you aren't, get the f*** outta here, because we are and you're just in the way. --Ron Brand

BizidyDizidy

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 10:04:39 pm »
Getting the Astros on the tube isn't as much of an issue now as getting the Coogs is. Or the Rockets. I almost always get the Astros on tv, but every once in a while we suffer from "There's Another Baseball Team in Texas Besides the Rangers?"-itis.

For the coogs, my guess is if you spring for sportspack you could get most if notall. Prob only 30-40 bucks a year to add for football season.
"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four. Unless there are three other people."
  -  Orson Welles

94CougarGrad

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2012, 10:07:33 pm »
Maybe for this year, but last year, not many of their games were offered, even with the sports pack. This year, I'm wondering if last year's record will earn them a few extra tv slots, or if the offensive changes will relegate us back to... not earning a few extra tv slots.

ValpoCory

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 12:55:45 pm »

Maybe they called.  Astros on 1639 HD.  Rangers on 77.

drew corleone

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
    • View Profile
    • http://2centmovies.blogspot.com
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2012, 10:30:32 pm »
I sent a strongly worded email to TWC. You're all welcome.