Author Topic: interior "decorating"  (Read 2756 times)

94CougarGrad

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
interior "decorating"
« on: May 13, 2011, 03:28:52 pm »
So my older son is on a trip to San Antone with the school choir this weekend. I commented on my FB page that I thought I'd paint his room maroon over the weekend since it'd go great with his Longhorn posters and pennants. Coach seemed rather nonplussed at the idea. Just thought I might get a few second opinions, if you will...
And, by the way, f*** off. --Mr. Happy, with a tip of the cap to JimR
Y'know, either you're a fan or you aren't. And if you aren't, get the f*** outta here, because we are and you're just in the way. --Ron Brand

Lurch

• Pope
    • View Profile
Re: interior "decorating"
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2011, 03:32:03 pm »
So my older son is on a trip to San Antone with the school choir this weekend. I commented on my FB page that I thought I'd paint his room maroon over the weekend since it'd go great with his Longhorn posters and pennants. Coach seemed rather nonplussed at the idea. Just thought I might get a few second opinions, if you will...

Don't be cruel.

I found great joy in discovering that this month's (year's?) Texas vehicle inspection sticker is burnt orange.  I know several Aggies that would rather park their car under a tree for a year.
I wish the first word I had said when I was born was 'quote'. Then before I die, I could say, 'unquote.' --Steven Wright

Ron Brand

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Smoke 'em inside.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2011, 03:33:05 pm »
Why don't you just throw up in there instead?
I'm in love with rock and roll and I'll be out all night.

Craig

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2011, 04:04:13 pm »

Be careful what you wish for; the maroon might grow on him.

BudGirl

• Contributor
  • Illuminati
  • Brad Ausmus' Slave
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2011, 04:06:20 pm »
Does he want a particular color?  If he has to sleep in the room, you might want to ask him.
''I just did an interview with someone I like more than you. I used a lot of big words on him. I don't have anything left for you.'' --Brad Ausmus

Well behaved women rarely make history.

94CougarGrad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2011, 04:25:19 pm »
Be careful what you wish for; the maroon might grow on him.

Actually, if I really did it, he'd play it off as a tribute to Missisippi State, where his great-uncle went. Uncle Bill is actively recruiting my 13-year-old to move out to Starkville.
Y'know, either you're a fan or you aren't. And if you aren't, get the f*** outta here, because we are and you're just in the way. --Ron Brand

Craig

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2011, 04:40:07 pm »
Actually, if I really did it, he'd play it off as a tribute to Missisippi State, where his great-uncle went. Uncle Bill is actively recruiting my 13-year-old to move out to Starkville.

I have in-laws in Mississippi who have been Ole Miss students and alums for generations. This year at Thanksgiving, even though Ole Miss was long eliminated from a bowl game, the institutional hatred for "State" was running at a fever pitch. I had a 12-year-old girl thoroughly explain to me every scenario that would result in Mississippi State being eliminated from a good bowl game, right down to indirect consequences from LSU and Alabama and I don't know what else.

It's not on the same level as the UT/aTm rivalry in Texas, but it was kind of alarming watching a 12-year-old girl's eyes light up in glee as she explained every possible way that Mississippi State could shit the bed.

strosrays

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2011, 06:41:15 pm »
I have in-laws in Mississippi who have been Ole Miss students and alums for generations. This year at Thanksgiving, even though Ole Miss was long eliminated from a bowl game, the institutional hatred for "State" was running at a fever pitch. I had a 12-year-old girl thoroughly explain to me every scenario that would result in Mississippi State being eliminated from a good bowl game, right down to indirect consequences from LSU and Alabama and I don't know what else.

It's not on the same level as the UT/aTm rivalry in Texas, but it was kind of alarming watching a 12-year-old girl's eyes light up in glee as she explained every possible way that Mississippi State could shit the bed.

I lived in Birmingham for awhile in my early twenties.  Two things I was struck by -- one, how much cachet being from the Lone Star state carried with it.  It was insanely easy to pick up girls, women, dowagers, etc. (NTTAWWT), just by whipping out the Native Texan credentials.  Also, it was amazing to me to see how strong the U of A/Auburn rivalry was.  I imagine it was something similar to Ole Miss/Miss. St.  I don't know if it was on the same level as UT/A&M or not.  I thought it was - those people were dead serious.  Families were split along alma mater-ial lines, and the whole place went into a sort of lockdown the actual week of the game.  Friends quit talking to friends, cousins to cousins, and so on.  Everyone retrenched to behind whatever line they were affiliated with.  Damnedest thing.

Actually, there were other things that struck me about Alabama; Birmingham anyway.  But that was nearly thirty years ago, and I've never been back except to go through on my way to somewhere else.  Things may be different now.

Bench

• Illuminati
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2011, 12:07:41 am »
Actually, there were other things that struck me about Alabama; Birmingham anyway.  But that was nearly thirty years ago, and I've never been back except to go through on my way to somewhere else.  Things may be different now.

Doubtfully, for the better.
"Holy shit, Mozart. Get me off this fucking thing."

S.P. Rodriguez

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2011, 05:53:18 am »
As an Ag, I've never considered painting a room maroon, even as a joke.  Now, replacing his longhorn posters with Aggie posters would make me laugh. 
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man. "

-Mark Twain

94CougarGrad

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2011, 03:32:22 pm »
After all that, the boy came home wearing a souvenir t-shirt that reads, "I bleed scarlet and gray" sans buckeye.

94CougarGrad

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2011, 03:35:00 pm »
Why don't you just throw up in there instead?

When I read him this comment, he responded, "That would've been better than the maroon!"