Author Topic: " Future farm team" report, 3/29  (Read 1391 times)

94CougarGrad

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
" Future farm team" report, 3/29
« on: March 30, 2010, 07:34:52 am »
Denton, Texas: The 10U Dodgers opened their regular season on Monday night with a 6-0 blanking of the Rockies. RHP#1 and RHP#2 allowed two hits apiece in two innings apiece, and a quick-thinking YoungerSonOf94CG, playing shortstop, made a tag at second to get the out that ended the game.

YoungerSon walked twice and stole two bases on passed balls during the game.

The Dodgers' preseason record is 1-1 after an 8-7 loss to the Giants and a 14-2 romp of the Rockies.
And, by the way, f*** off. --Mr. Happy, with a tip of the cap to JimR
Y'know, either you're a fan or you aren't. And if you aren't, get the f*** outta here, because we are and you're just in the way. --Ron Brand

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
Re: " Future farm team" report, 3/29
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 07:43:23 am »
Denton, Texas: The 10U Dodgers opened their regular season on Monday night with a 6-0 blanking of the Rockies. RHP#1 and RHP#2 allowed two hits apiece in two innings apiece, and a quick-thinking YoungerSonOf94CG, playing shortstop, made a tag at second to get the out that ended the game.

YoungerSon walked twice and stole two bases on passed balls during the game.

The Dodgers' preseason record is 1-1 after an 8-7 loss to the Giants and a 14-2 romp of the Rockies.

Just an FYI, but if it's a passed ball, it's not a steal.  And 99% of the time, it's a wild pitch, not a passed ball.  Gotta start defending those catchers early.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

Duman

• Contributor
  • Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 08:09:32 am »
Pitchers who throw strikes (regardless of speed) and catchers who actually catch the ball will win you many games in LL
Always ready to go to a game.

94CougarGrad

• Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 08:56:42 am »
Just an FYI, but if it's a passed ball, it's not a steal.  And 99% of the time, it's a wild pitch, not a passed ball.  Gotta start defending those catchers early.

Yeah, I know, but you know how the coaches talk to the kids and how it goes in the record book. I'll rephrase next time for the benefit of those little catchers. They work hard.
And, by the way, f*** off. --Mr. Happy, with a tip of the cap to JimR
Y'know, either you're a fan or you aren't. And if you aren't, get the f*** outta here, because we are and you're just in the way. --Ron Brand

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 09:04:44 am »
Yeah, I know, but you know how the coaches talk to the kids and how it goes in the record book. I'll rephrase next time for the benefit of those little catchers. They work hard.

That's right.  When you're 10, nothing will wear your ass out like trying to catch another 10 year old.
The rules of distinction were thrown out with the baseball cap.  It does not lend itself to protocol.  It is found today on youth in homes, classrooms, even in fine restaurants.  Regardless of its other consequences, this is a breach against civility.  A civilized man should avoid this mania.

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 01:27:57 pm »
Just an FYI, but if it's a passed ball, it's not a steal.  And 99% of the time, it's a wild pitch, not a passed ball.  Gotta start defending those catchers early.

not true, HH. if the runner breaks on the pitch, it is a SB no matter what happens to the ball. of course, the catcher should not then get a PB in the book, which is what you likely were saying.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.

HudsonHawk

• Administrator
  • Gentleman About Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 03:22:29 pm »
not true, HH. if the runner breaks on the pitch, it is a SB no matter what happens to the ball. of course, the catcher should not then get a PB in the book, which is what you likely were saying.

Well, it was really just the ol' catcher in me defending the little guys from those who'll call a pitch that bounces in front of the plate a "passed ball".  But you're right, if the runner is breaking on the pitch, he still gets credited with a steal, and it's only ruled a wild pitch or a passed ball if the runner advances another base.  Of course in Little League, I don't think runners are allowed to break on the pitch anyway, are they?

JimR

• Contributor
    • View Profile
    • McGinnis, Lochridge & Kilgore, LLP
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 04:09:55 pm »
Well, it was really just the ol' catcher in me defending the little guys from those who'll call a pitch that bounces in front of the plate a "passed ball".  But you're right, if the runner is breaking on the pitch, he still gets credited with a steal, and it's only ruled a wild pitch or a passed ball if the runner advances another base.  Of course in Little League, I don't think runners are allowed to break on the pitch anyway, are they?

in LL proper they can break when the ball crosses the plate. or, that once was the rule.
Often wrong, but never in doubt.