Author Topic: Redass announces his retirement  (Read 2152 times)

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Redass announces his retirement
« on: January 28, 2010, 05:54:59 pm »
Former Astros Pitcher Brocail Retires

"I am retiring because it's harder to get my arm in shape and the talent just isn't there anymore," Brocail said. "There's no use in just hanging on."

"I've had a great career and why not go out when I'm feeling good," Brocail said. It's time to hand it off to the younger generation.

"I thought this decision would be emotional, but it's not one iota," Brocail said. "When you're talent runs out, it's a little different.

"I always said when I was through with baseball, I didn't want to be in baseball. I've talked to the Astros a little bit and we'll see what happens."
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

Taras Bulba

• Contributor
  • Key Member of the Conspiracy
    • View Profile
    • Wing Attack Plan R
Re: Redass announces his retirement
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 06:08:02 pm »
He can bounce at the 5-7.
Purity of Essence

Ron Brand

• Contributor
  • High Order of the Ferret
  • Smoke 'em inside.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 06:29:34 pm »

"I always said when I was through with baseball, I didn't want to be in baseball. I've talked to the Astros a little bit and we'll see what happens."

Rats, one of my favorite Good Guys. I hope he finds something he wants to do that is as rewarding as his playing career.
I'm in love with rock and roll and I'll be out all night.

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2010, 06:48:57 pm »

"I am retiring because it's harder to get my arm in shape and the talent just isn't there anymore," Brocail said. "There's no use in just hanging on."

"I've had a great career and why not go out when I'm feeling good," Brocail said. It's time to hand it off to the younger generation.

"I thought this decision would be emotional, but it's not one iota," Brocail said. "When you're talent runs out, it's a little different.

I'm encouraged by the last line.

Fredia

• Pope
  • Looking forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2010, 08:51:22 pm »
i am confused by the last line
forever is composed entirely of nows

Andyzipp

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2010, 08:57:40 pm »

FIFY

juliogotay

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 09:34:18 am »

My take is that Brocail and the Astros are discussing possible positions in the organization. (non-pitching).

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 09:51:27 am »
I will miss seeing him getting thrown out of games simply for existing with menace.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

AtascAstro

• Should Have Quit 500 Posts Ago
  • 92 in 2011!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 10:26:37 am »
Has he not heard that management low-balled Wandy Rodriguez? 

Astroholic

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 10:35:24 am »
Has he not heard that management low-balled Wandy Rodriguez? 

That is not my feeling on the matter.

AtascAstro

• 92 in 2011!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 10:48:04 am »
That is not my feeling on the matter.

Oh well you must not want to win very badly.  Everybody knows that Drayton and Ed are holding this team back with their penny pinching.  Every other team in MLB would gladly pay above market price for home grown talent like Eny.  They have done irreparable harm to the image of this organization within baseball.

Also, tap the gauge on your sarc-o-meter, needle may be stuck.  I was playing with a Ouija board ealier and may or may not be channeling a certain spleenless ghost.

Astroholic

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2010, 10:49:47 am »

Also, tap the gauge on your sarc-o-meter, needle may be stuck.

Figured, but was not sure.

ferret

• Veteran Role Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2010, 01:19:30 pm »
Oh well you must not want to win very badly.  Everybody knows that Drayton and Ed are holding this team back with their penny pinching.  Every other team in MLB would gladly pay above market price for home grown talent like Eny.  They have done irreparable harm to the image of this organization within baseball.

Also, tap the gauge on your sarc-o-meter, needle may be stuck.  I was playing with a Ouija board ealier and may or may not be channeling a certain spleenless ghost.

Hasn't the primary purveyor of that type of douchbaggery been sent off with a red card?

AtascAstro

• 92 in 2011!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2010, 02:22:06 pm »
Hasn't the primary purveyor of that type of douchbaggery been sent off with a red card?

that would be the spleenless ghost.  It is also fairly consistent with chron commenter and non-Fallas Journalists.

Limey

• Contributor
  • Tally Ho!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2010, 02:26:24 pm »

Ahhh... memories.  Vivid, mind-fucking memories.
Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.