Author Topic: Fernando Abad  (Read 2174 times)

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
Fernando Abad
« on: January 20, 2010, 12:18:31 am »
Levine blogs about an interview with Wes Clements, and has a bit to add about Fernando Abad
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)

mrpink

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
Re: Fernando Abad
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 11:52:43 am »
Does anyone know how to pronounce this kid's last name?  Is it A-Bad, or a-baud, or maybe awb-ed? 

Duman

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 03:48:19 pm »
Does anyone know how to pronounce this kid's last name?  Is it A-Bad, or a-baud, or maybe awb-ed? 

A-bod (not as A-Rod but like the "a" sound in about).
Always ready to go to a game.

mrpink

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 06:54:04 pm »
Thanks.  It drives me nuts when I can't pronounce it right.  I had Bogusevic wrong for like two years.

Reuben

• Pope
    • View Profile
    • art
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2010, 08:19:52 am »
Thanks.  It drives me nuts when I can't pronounce it right.  I had Bogusevic wrong for like two years.
Please share the correct Bogusevic pronunciation with us. (Bah-GUH-sah-vitch? Bog-OO-seh-vick?)
"Come check us out in the Game Zone. We don’t bite. Unless you say something idiotic." -Mr. Happy

mrpink

• Prime Time Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2010, 08:58:35 am »
Please share the correct Bogusevic pronunciation with us. (Bah-GUH-sah-vitch? Bog-OO-seh-vick?)

I've heard JD and others pronounce it bo-ga-SEH-vick so that's what I'm sticking with forever.  I previously said Bah-GUH-sah-vitch like you wrote.  I guess he's not Bohemian.

VirtualBob

• Pope
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2010, 02:58:47 pm »
I've heard JD and others pronounce it bo-ga-SEH-vick so that's what I'm sticking with forever.  I previously said Bah-GUH-sah-vitch like you wrote.  I guess he's not Bohemian.
He is definitely not Bohemian with that name, and if he were, he would pronounce it BO-guh-suh-vitch.  He is either Slovenian or (maybe) Croatian with than spelling, and the correct pronunciation would be bo-guh-SYAY-vich or bo-ga-SYAY-vik (the stressed syllable should be like "say" but with an extra "y") depending on a variety of factors.  Given that he is now thoroughly American bo-ga-SEH-vik is not too far off the mark.
Up in the Air