Author Topic: "If I'm on, I'm going to go,"  (Read 636 times)

OregonStrosFan

• Double Super Secret Pope
    • View Profile
"If I'm on, I'm going to go,"
« on: October 01, 2009, 01:22:37 pm »
Evidently the record is on the mind of Budgirl's "sweet baby Bourn": LINK

Bourn stole his 61st base of the season in the second inning Wednesday against the Phillies, putting him within four of tying Gerald Young's club record of 65 set in 1988.

"If I'm on, I'm going to go," Bourn said. "As far as [the club record] being in my mind, it's not on my mind to where it's going to bug me. It's in my mind because I know what the record is. If I got the opportunity to get it, I'm going to try to get it. I'm going to try to tie and break it. That's only if the opportunity presents itself and how much I get on base. We'll what happens the last few games."

Bourn said next year he wants to try to steal third base more often. He has stolen third base four times.

"I'm more laid back and let Lance [Berkman] or Carlos [Lee] drive the ball," Bourn said. "It makes it easier on them to make contract with the ball and drive it to the outfield or hit the ground ball and I can get in either way. Just have it in the pitcher's mind that I might go, so he can't concentrate on Lance and Carlos and he might leave a pitch up."
In the end, my dissolution with the game of baseball will not be a result of any loss of love for the game, rather from the realization that I can no longer bear the anger its supposed stewards cause to be built up in my soul. -Lee (01/08/2013)